Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • TyranusVader
    56 posts

Can you ladies and gents confirm if you're outputting the game via HDMI or DisplayPort? I may have discovered something interesting regarding the stuttering issue. Thanks.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

Also, do any of you experiencing stuttering have multi-monitor setups?

• ScottHaynes
    4 posts

@tyranusvader I've been using HDMI with my LG C9. No multi monitor.
    I've literally tried everything but nothing makes any difference. Right around 40-60 minutes of gameplay it just starts stuttering and there is absolutely no fix other than a quick save/restart. It's just so weird how not everyone gets this bug. I thought it was temp related since it sounds so similar to overheating but all my temps are way below 70 and restarting the game should not be enough to overcome overheating issues anyway. Hard to compare since Watch dogs Legion was also a crappy experience (rtx on) but older games like watch dogs 1 and 2 were running perfectly fine just a few weeks ago so I don't think there is anything wrong with my PC.

I was having a really great time raiding/clearing all the points, especially on highest difficulty as it can build up some great battles but I'm just sick of all the stuttering/saving/restarting. Just been focusing on the main story and want to finish it now... really disappointing.

• DZoe01
    1 posts

I'm having a hard time believing Ubisoft devs do not notice/admit this issue exists. At first, I though this must be my PC, after all I do not have a beefy one anymore (I7 4790K 16GB RAM + Nvidia 2060), but found out after restarts, my FPS goes up significantly (to 45 -60 fps from 20-30 at 1440P, ultra/high settings), so I searched on redit and then here, and seems quite lot of players having the same issue.

I really tried everything suggested here, no matter the settings in windows, in the game - but nothing helps, not on the long run. If I play with lover settings, it just extends the time while I can play with higher frame rates, but performance will drop, eventually. After 1h playtime, my FPS tanks significantly. 😕 It would be great if the devs at least would admit the issue and start working on a fix.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

@scotthaynes The reason why I asked is that I noticed that turning off multi-monitor helped clear up the stuttering for me. However, I plan on playing a session for a few hours later today to see if the stuttering comes back. The post regarding the connector type should be ignored as I thought maybe that was the cause but it wasn't. I'll provide updates after I'm done playing.

• M1nDTr1cK2020
    21 posts

Try some of those methods guys. I also have stuttering and lag problems, but I also have a low end system,but with some tweak here and there I'm able to maintain 60fps.Havent played enough today to see when the game starts to lag again.Mainly its starts for me with the cinematic conversations. From what I've seen the game just isn't optimised has a lot of problems and needs quick fixing, and my opinion is that it was rushed to release.... Wich is sad cause we're not supposed to do so many operations to fix a game wich has had to be taken care from the developers. Gl to all and may the Force be with us...P.S. UBISOFT FIX AND OPTIMISE YER GAME!!!!

• Lukensen87
    15 posts

At least Watch Dogs: Legion had like 6 updates already, and AC Valhalla juts small day one patch...

• M1nDTr1cK2020
    21 posts

If you also have a pc cleaner, fixer software like iobit you can use it ot boost your performance. It also works and boosts fps.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

I can confirm that it's definitely not multi-monitors causing the stuttering. Let's hope for a patch.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

Until Ubisoft finds out what causes the stuttering, I suggest that people use the Special K mod mentioned earlier in this thread.

For those with AMD RX 5000 series GPUs, here's a few settings I suggest that you use in the driver settings:

1) Turn off Freesync. There is a known issue in which the brightness flickers with games using borderless window mode and Freesync is turned on. The special K mod forces the game to run in borderless mode. Just make sure the game is set to borderless in the display options.

2) Turn off Enhanced Sync. Another known issue which causes screens to go black when turned on with some games. AC: Valhalla is one of those games. The mod forces VSync on no matter the setting in the driver or the game.

3) There is another known driver issue in which certain textures flicker and flags aren't rendered properly. It doesn't break the game, but I just thought I mention it as it has nothing to do with Ubisoft.

• AndyPDD5
    13 posts

@netqvist Having the saem issue playing on Geforce Now, as are many GFN users. Games works perfectly for 30-60 minutes then frame rate goes to hell. Hasy there been any recognition of this problem from Ubisoft? Will it ever be patched?

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

@andypdd5 Recognition from Ubisoft? Yes, by the looks of some other threads in this forum.

Officially? Doesn't look like it for now.

Like I said previously, try out the Special K mod. It fixed all the stuttering issues that I had.

• petebaldwin
    14 posts

Special K smoothed out the FPS for me so it wasn’t jumping around everywhere. It’s a big improvement but it didn’t solve the stuttering that starts after 30mins - 1 hour.

It’d be great it Ubisoft can officially acknowledge this is a problem that they’ll work on.

• AndyPDD5
    13 posts

@tyranusvader Thanks for the response. The problem we have as Geforce Now users is that we can't use mods and we don't have access to windows settings to change anything. We are completely dependent on Nvidia and/or Ubisoft to fix these kinds of problems. I'd be more than happy to wait for the patch or fix if Ubisoft officially recognised the issue and aimed to fix it but it's increasingly worrying that they're staying silent.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

@andypdd5 oh I see! You're streaming the game. Not much I can do there.

• AndyPDD5
    13 posts

@tyranusvader I'm honestly starting to believe the memory leak theory so regardless of streaming to play or local play, it would be down to Ubisoft to fix it.

Has anyone tried tweeting the Ubisoft support Twitter account? I just had a look and it appears that people get more help on there than most other places. I would tweet them but I don't have Twitter.

• petebaldwin
    14 posts

@andypdd5 - Just did. I'll post on here if they respond with anything but I can't imagine they're not already aware of the issue... Fingers crossed!

• AndyPDD5
    13 posts

@petebaldwin Cheers mate. You would think they would know by now, seeing how many people are reporting it, that's why their silence is a bit worrying. I'll probably play something else for a few weeks and hope that things get fixed in the meantime.

• brandon_2149
    1 posts

Same issue here with 6800xt not Nvidia card, but my stutter is instant didn't take time.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

@brandon_2149 the stuttering affects both Nvidia and AMD GPUs. Seems to be an optimization issue with the game. Did you try the Special K mod?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics