Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • TyranusVader
    56 posts

@freakzhs That's very possible

• FreakzHS
    12 posts

@tyranusvader
    Okay well I've got some news.

I've made some changes in my NVIDIA settings (NVIDIA control panel, I've put everything to high performances) yesterday before going to sleep.
    I've tried this afternoon if it was getting any better, the result was that I made a good gaming session of a few hours (between 2 and 3 hours approx.) with an average of 53 FPS (went between 45 FPS in raids and 60 FPS when alone and I even had 60 in several fights) which is what I am asking for. But then I tried again this evening, went well again for the first hour, went back to Ravensthorpe to build things, then it went cancer again with a max of 30 FPS which could go all the way down to like 10 FPS.
    I'm checking if the patch is still on, but I'm still very confused.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

@freakzhs I don't know what else to you.

• SoberStone999
    56 posts

Patch 1.1.0, performance decrease is still an issue even with the new patch.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts

@soberstone999 I can confirm it as well. Going to have to use the Special K mod indefinitely.

Is there any way we can get an Ubi moderator to look into this? It's not a good look when one has to use third-party mods to enjoy the game fully. It's becoming a disturbing trend as CP2077 requires some mods as well to get it working right.

• TyranusVader
    56 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TyranusVader
    56 posts

undefined
    Attention Ubisoft mods, these frame time spikes have been happening since launch. I previously played on a RX 5700 XT 8GB and had the same issues, however the frame time spikes made the game unplayable. It's playable on my newly acquired RX 6800 when the frame time spikes occur but you will still notice a lack of smoothness. My graphic settings are set to the Ultra High preset. Looking through other threads, this happens on Nvidia GPUs as well. Can you please have your technicians investigate this? I could alleviate the issue by using a third-party mod [REMOVED] but I would much prefer not to. Many thanks!

• TyranusVader
    56 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Teinzus
    15 posts

Hello Ubi-Soft,

I don't know where to complain first, but Assassin's Creed Valhalla produces massive frame drops on my new Gaming Laptop
    Lenovo Legion Y740-17IRHg (1UJ001VGE) with
    i7-9750H, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung NVMe (where it is installed),
    GeForce RTX 2080 Max-q 8GB RAM on Nvidia Geforce Driver 460.89 (also tested on Lenovo Drivers 457.20)
    newest Win 10 Home 20H2, Build 19042.685

This rig should do Valhalla fine with constant 50-60 Frames on graphics preset "high".
    But my stuttering reality looks always like this screenshot with massive framedrops down to 22 or somtines 10 in a row:
    undefined

Things I read on the internet and already tried:
    Borderless window mode, changing with "alt+enter" from game to desktop back and forth, disabling "fullscreen optimization" in the executable ACValhalla.exe
    setting nvidia energy modus to "maximum performance" using older nvidia drivers,
    I am out of my wits and cannot decide wether my laptop hardware or software sucks or Valhalla is poorly optimized for my not so exotic gaming rig...

Funny enough I tested the game on my 3 years old gaming laptop HP OMEN by HP 17-w106ng with
    i7-6700HQ, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe and 1 TB SSD (where it is installed)
    GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB RAM on Nvidia Geforce Driver 457.30
    Win 10 home 1909,
    where it only drops to 24 seldom and is constantly about 50 frames on preset "high" and delivers a much more smooth gameplay:
    undefined

• AndyPDD5
    13 posts

Still no update from Ubisoft on this issue? Bravo on the tech support....

• Teinzus
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Teinzus
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Teinzus
    15 posts

@teinzus Here a screenshot from the smooth gameplay like it should have been delivered by ubisoft and not the creator of the mod Special K
    undefined

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for continuing to share your reports of performance issues in Assassin's Creed Vahalla on PC here on the forums. I've merged a few different threads discussing similar topics into this one in order to try and keep as much relevant information together as possible, and would ask that you all continue to post here regarding these issues from now on.

If still encountering poor performance in Valhalla, such as low FPS, stuttering, or lag, I would ask that you first complete our PC troubleshooting, ensure that both your GPU drivers and OS are fully up-to-date, and that the game itself is fully updated as well. Running the game in a clean boot environment with no unnecessary background applications running is also my recommendation, to ensure the best possible performance.

Should issues persist, I'd like you to provide the following details in the same bullet-point format as I've listed them, so that I can compile a set of formal reports to submit to the developers for their consideration. They are already looking into optimisation issues, so the information I am requesting would help them in looking into this:

• Specifications of your PC in brief (CPU, GPU, RAM, Storage)
    • Version of the game you own (Standard, Gold, Ultimate)
    • OS version number
    • GPU driver number

If possible, I would appreciate it if you could submit your MSINFO and DXDIAG files to us in a support case or via Live Chat so that we can take a closer look into those as well.

I would also like to ask that the discussion of unauthorised game modifications in this thread ceases, as this is not something we condone and is not permitted under the forum rules. I have removed all content that breaches these rules, and would like to reiterate that, as we have no control or influence over such modifications, and cannot verify their safety, it is not recommended that you download and/or use one for Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Thank you in advance for your help and any information provided, and I will try to keep you all updated as best I can! 🙂

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    508 posts

@ubi-woofer Have you seen the thread about PC performance loss with 1.1.0 with over 450 posts?
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88876/ac-valhalla-update-1-1-0-frames-drop

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@ubi-woofer This must be some joke
    You have all the information you need here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88876/ac-valhalla-update-1-1-0-frames-drop
    We asked for help there and post pretty much everything and you gave us no answer and ignored the thread with over 400 posts, now after a month you ask if we still have fps problems? Of course we have, nothing was made.

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Hello sir,

I wanna mention there is a one biggest thread since 1.1.0 patch is out causing the most serious issue to many of us and the game is literally unplayable for us ... many of us didnt play the Yule fest because its not that awesome play it on 25 FPS and people affected by this issue who played it are not happy at all too.. We realize you maybe as a support team dont have enough info from dev team but what you could do for us at least as a SUPPORT team is add the thread between megathreads and between KNOWN ISSUES adressed with 1.1.0 because its honestly most known and significant issue caused by 1.1.0 patch and you still didnt add it there and basicly almost dont react to that thread... Maybe we dont undestand what all your work contain and maybe you are busy with many other things, but just from what appears to me when i think about meaning of support team is definitly trying to support us especialy if there is issue serious like this one causing unplayability of the game...

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88876/ac-valhalla-update-1-1-0-frames-drop/450

Thank you for response

• Inu86
    2 posts

Hello!

I'd like to report the same as other people have been reporting: After update 1.1.0 the performance has degradated A LOT. I can't even get a stable, constant 30fps gameplay session.
    As requested, below follow a brief description of the environment where the game is executed:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (not overclocked), RTX 3080, 16GB of RAM, Samsung EV 970 480GB
    • Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition
    • Windows 10 (18363.1256)
    • NVIDIA Geforce 461.09

Other than this post, i've submitted a case 13830605 along with my DXDiag and MSInfo, as requested.

• Scrottington
    3 posts

This is a comment I just put up on the forum post over at: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88876/pc-after-tu-1-1-0-i-am-experiencing-fps-drops-low-cpu-and-gpu-utilisation/3?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest
    They are having similar issues, I'm not sure which post my comment fits best under, and who it most applies to, so I thought I'd put it up on both just to be sure.

Hey so I had this issue ever since I got the game. At first I was running the game at low with under 20fps. I tried everything I could find on the forums and got no further. One day though, the issue seemed to resolve itself- maybe. on a whim I disabled windows search and sysmain in the windows command prompt and after that the game seemed to run fine- I was able to run it at medium at 60fps. I also uninstalled the program Overwolf. Feel free to try this everyone and see if it makes a difference for you. HOWEVER, and I cannot stress this enough- these were just the things I HAPPENED to do before my fps got better- I don't know whether these changes were what fixed the issue this is all just pure speculation.

In fact, I don't think these were what fixed the issue- because I have continued disabling windows search and sysmain before I launch the game but yesterday, the issue reverted back to before. I did not change anything about my pc, hardware or software, this was before the 1.1.1; I can't think of a single reason as to why my performance would suddenly drop overnight. I have tried all the fixes again to no avail and since last I checked the game is running worse than it did when I first got it. I don't want to understate this so I'm going to give exact numbers again, I ran the game at 20fps on low, tried some things, then one day I was able to push the graphics up to medium AND hit a frame rate of 60 (this was after maybe 5 hours of play time), I then enjoyed the game for over 90 hours at this higher frame rate before one day, with seemingly no rhyme or reason, my performance dropped to around 10 fps.

I made a case today with my msinfo and dxdiag attached. The case number is: 13852473.

Sorry for the long read, I hope the things I tried work for you guys even if they didn't pan out for me. I also hope this info can help the guys working hard to fix it for everyone, I can provide plenty of other info if anyone needs.

Love to all staff and other people struggling with this issue, be patient and kind with each other, this is frustrating for everyone involved I am sure.

Stay safe- Scrottington

• PeacefulGhost
    2 posts

We work in the dark to serve the light . . .

My thanks to the Ubisoft dev team who by the way did a great job making this game. But every good thing has a downside to it, and that's the reason I am here for.

My game runs at 30-32 FPS Constant as I lock it in 30, where as my setup supports up to 40-50 on the same settings, but that's not what I am here to talk about.

My game begins to lag/Hang/Stutter for eternity, once I get into any kind of conversation. For example, Starting a quest and speaking with the Quest giver, and after that game becomes unplayable. I mean literally unplayable. I am talking about 10-15 FPS at most. The only way to get out of it is to restart the game. And the way to recreate is to Start a story or any thing that has a conversation.

This is something that has been going on since I purchased this game, but was waiting to write this to you , as there was an update on the way and I had my hopes on that, but it let me down.

Now, I want to write this to you, I have a vide proof of the same as well, but I don't think that is acceptable. If you accept it, I will be willing to upload it to YouTube or send it to you guys to figure it out.

May the creed guide you in the dark ~

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics