Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SoberStone999
    60 posts

@netqvist How did you do it to the game? I did it to the OS but didn't fix it, how can I change it to the game too?

• NetQvist
    37 posts

@soberstone999 You probably have a different issue than mine then, I seemingly tried everything and then finally the manual virtual memory for some reason magically fixed it.

• SoberStone999
    60 posts

@netqvist you said you changed the vram to the game as well, how? The video doesn't show it.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@netqvist At one point, I thought that changing the Windows Paging File size would work, but the stuttering eventually returned. However, someone on this thread posted a link to a Special K mod that fixed any remaining stuttering that I had. I suggest you give it a try should the stuttering rears its ugly head for you.

• NetQvist
    37 posts

@tyranusvader I actually added that also but it didn't fix the stutters at all, still running it though because Kaldaien's fixes usually work against weird issues in certain hardware.

• vindytr
    11 posts

It is funny how ubisoft support staff not put this issue to their locked thread called "reported issue megathread" while this stutter issue is the biggest let down for this game

• NetQvist
    37 posts

@vindytr Seems to be many things causing this stutter from time. I'm also trying to get the darned bugged wolf ability from a quest added to the list of stuff but nope

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@netqvist I'm perplexed on how Ubisoft engineers could not notice the stutter issue while testing?! If someone like Kaldaien can potentially fix this issue for most users, then what are the engineers waiting for? I have been playing with Kaldaien's mod for hours and the stutter issue is no more.

Of course, I prefer an official fix, but for now this will do.

• ScottHaynes
    4 posts

@tyranusvader Could you please share resolution and other graphic settings? I tried everything including Special K but the stuttering keeps popping up around 40min in.

• Lukensen87
    15 posts

9900k, 32gb ram, 2080 ti, ssd m.2, windows 10 2004, latest drivers (457.30) and no stuttering here on 2560x1440 with ultra settings (I only disabled DoF and motion blur), only in benchmark it stutters, but during gameplay it's stutter free, even when I play longer than 2 hours.
    So either this game loves ram or vram, or there is different reason for it.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@scotthaynes Sure!

I play at 1440p using the HUB Optimized settings described in this video

The only change I made is I turned off "adaptive AA" as the mod by default targets 60 fps.

Keep in mind that that the Special K mod forces V-SYNC regardless of settings. Finally, make sure that you set the screen to "Borderless" so as to not confuse the game. The mod forces the game anyways to run in borderless window mode.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@scotthaynes Make sure that you use the latest version of the mod (0.11.1)!

https://discourse.differentk.fyi/t/assassins-creed-valhalla/1124/8

• andi0139
    14 posts

for me the game is stuttering aswell. For example when I go to my boat and sail i have stuttering all few seconds where the gpu usage drops from 96 to 80 or 40 percent causing a major framtimespike/stutter. Or when a bomb hits me and I start to burn -> Huge stutter, jump into water -> huge stutter

rtx 3090/9900k/32gb ram/asus rog thor 1200w

I tried the hardwareunboxed settings which made the game smoother for me, at least for half an hour or so, disabled fullscreen optimization, disabled game mode in Windows.. Nothing has helped so far. I am at a Point at the moment where I think about my rtx 3090 has a def
    ect but on the other hand other games work fine. I'm really frustrated 😞

• ScottHaynes
    4 posts

@tyranusvader Got it, thanks man. I believe 4k is my issue so I will try 1440p later tonight after work.
    One last thing - do you have "Disable full screen optimizations" check marked under the game's properties? (or any other settings in that window)

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@scotthaynes no need to disable full screen optimizations

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@andi0139 It's the game. Your 3090 is fine unless you're experiencing stutters in other games?

Your specs are well beyond the recommended requirements.

• Zangato1988
    38 posts

@andi0139 Nop its not your 3090 its the dam game, some ppl are lucky with no stutter issue and some dont. :S

• YazX_
    172 posts

Strange, i'm playing @1440p with 3700x, 1080 Ti and 16GB 3600Mhz, latest Nvidia Drivers, Windows upto date, no stuttering whatsoever on 3-4 hours sessions, steady 60+ FPS all the time, here are most of my graphics settings:

1. FOV --> 100
    2. Depth of field and Motion Blur --> OFF (Motion Blur tanks performance, either ways its a bad effect)
    3. AA --> Low (this setting tanks performance, to be honest on low its great as i couldnt notice any aliasing especially @1440)
    4. Adaptive quality ---> OFF
    5. VSync --> OFF
    6. Shadows/Refelections --> Very High
    7. Clouds --> High
    8. Resolution Scale --> 100%
    9. Everything else ---> Ultra

• petebaldwin
    15 posts

@andi0139 - it’s nothing to do with your hardware. Lots of people are having the same issue with stuttering after 30+ mins. I’ve given up for now because I can’t get immersed in the game with the constant restarts. I had 2 weeks of Ubisoft+ left and was planning to buy the game once it ran out but as this issue isn’t even being acknowledged by Ubisoft yet, I’ll move on a check the patch notes next year to see if it’s been fixed.

• andi0139
    14 posts

Thanks for your response guys, I'm glad its not my hardware thats faulty at least.

Suggested Topics