Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Il_Zero_Two_lI
    Original poster 4 posts

I can't launch the game because of some missing .dll files. I was able to find and download a bunch them just fine thanks to Google, but now I've hit a stump. The game asks for the file api-ms-win-core-windowserrorreporting-l1-1-1.dll and I can't find that one anywhere online. The error message also mentiones that I should re-install the program to fix the problem - by which I assume it means the game - but I'm not particularly keen on waiting a few more hours before I can play. I've already had Ubisoft Connect verify the installation and it came up with no issues.

Is there any way to fix this issue other than reinstalling the game? Is there possibly a library of all the .dll files the game requires?

Thanks in advance!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• thewildrage
    11 posts

@il_zero_two_li That sounds like you should update your Windows. Perhaps install latest VC++ drivers. One should EXTREMLY rarely have to download singular *.dll files, if a program tells you you're missing them, it typically means something is out of date.

• thewildrage
    11 posts

@il_zero_two_li From what I can see from gooling is that those error calls are related to quite old Windows versions, which version are you currently rolling?

• jeje_71
    71 posts

fwyi, this games only works on windows 10.

• thewildrage
    11 posts

@jeje_71 Ye, I mean, it does state quite clearly that it requires DirectX 12 so Windows 10 is the only option which supports that.

• Il_Zero_Two_lI
    Original poster 4 posts

@thewildrage I'm using Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but about a year ago I had some issues with my PC. Those issues included severe performance issues with some games which led to lags and game crashes. Some of those crashes resulted in a blackscreen - forcing me to manually turn off my PC. I even got a blue screen. And Windows Update also seemed to have quite a few issues - constantly failing updates and whatnot.
    I managed to fix those issues for the most part, though, and ever since then my PC has been running as smoothly as you can expect from a machine that's five years old. I could even play AC Origins and AC Odyssey with no issues.

• jeje_71
    71 posts

@il_zero_two_li you can't run ac valhalla on this version of windows, it's dx12 so it means windows 10 only.

• thewildrage
    11 posts

@il_zero_two_li You can't play this game without Windows 10 sadly. So you're going to need to upgrade to that. DirectX 12 is not supported by any other OS.

• jeje_71
    71 posts

@thewildrage maybe so, but i think a lot of people are not really aware of the distinction

since game developers are quite slow to upgrade technologies, the windows 10 requirement is still quite recent, so a lot of non technical minded people won't see the windows version requirement.

• thewildrage
    11 posts

@jeje_71 Ye fair enough, also seemed to be the reason behind this.

• Il_Zero_Two_lI
    Original poster 4 posts

That's a bit of a bummer. They should've made this more obvious.
    Thanks for the replies though!

• thewildrage
    11 posts

@il_zero_two_li Btw, if you don't intend to upgrade your Windows, you should go back and delete all of those *.dll files. Unless you were very careful with what pages you downloaded them from, they are VERY likely to be virus/malware filled.

• Il_Zero_Two_lI
    Original poster 4 posts

@thewildrage Thanks for the reminder! I got most of those .dll files from dll-files.com, but I guess you can never be too safe.
    I'm definitely upgrading to Windows 10, though. Been putting that off for way too long anyway.

• euripidesk
    2 posts

@il_zero_two_li you need windows 10 x64 in order to run this game

• sirpixelman
    1 posts

@jeje_71 Thats the feeling I'm getting. Never heard about this being windows 10 only until last night when I sat down to play the game. Following the rocky launch of Watch Dogs Legion (which still runs like garbage 2 weeks after launch), this was a really disappointing discovery.

• Blackajck
    1 posts

try to load the game and it says these files are missing, tried to reinstall multiple times but no luck, anyhelp? just wanna play the game man

• PrisonDate_Mike
    1 posts

Im having the same problem, only I am running on Windows 10, with directx 12. I made sure everything was up to date but still having the issue.

• yodaufr
    1 posts

same here it doesn't make any sense. How a game like this can't check before launching and installing missing files?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics