Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gohnac
    1 posts

I get the same error. i have dx12. where can i get a refund?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Hello there!

@kurator_dayZ & @gohnac - If you are encountering this error when launching the game, and you believe that you're running a compatible GPU in your PC, we would recommend opening a support ticket so we can take a closer look at this for you. You can reach out via opening a support ticket or starting a live chat.

When opening a ticket, please can you include a copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag, as these will be needed as part of the investigation, and to help provide further troubleshooting. I would also recommend including any troubleshooting steps you have tried already within your case notes as well.

As mentioned by my colleague @Ubi-Woofer,

Your GPU must support Feature Level 12_0 for DirectX 12 to be considered a compatible GPU, as this is an explicit system requirement.

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft store and would like to seek a refund, you can do so by opening a support ticket. We would recommend taking the time to read the digital and physical returns policies prior to opening a ticket, as we are unable to guarantee a refund will be granted if you don't meet the eligible criteria. If you purchased the game from another retailer, you will need to contact them.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • mraf4o1984
    1 posts

the worst game Ubisoft made is Assassin's Creed Valhalla because i need feature level 12_0 to play.😠
    😠 😠

• connor201
    2 posts

a GTX 950M and DirectX 12 support is as you can see below , drivers updated to 465.89.....any one can explain to me why i keep having the non-dx12 video card error ?
    undefined

• SenorCock
    1 posts

@connor201 I have a hotfix for you.
    It worked for me on my 1050ti with the same error you had and i had feature level 12_1 as well.
    Here the issue is probably with Windows 10.
    First navigate to your game folder and look for a folder called WIndows 7_8 something with 2 dll files(dxgi.dll and d3d12.dll)
    Copy these files to where the game exe file is
    Now right click on the game exe file and make change its compatability mode to windows 8.
    Apply it and open game again.
    It should run fine now.
    Hope I helped you 🙂

• connor201
    2 posts

@senorcock tried what you said but, sadly I still got the error . Thank you, though. I appreciate your help.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@connor201 - I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this error message when launching the game. If you believe you're running a compatible GPU in your PC, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look. Please include a copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag, as these will be needed for further investigation.

@SenorCock - Thank you for sharing your workaround in the thread!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • fuaubu_al
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis I have played the game to 56% completion when suddenly that 'no DX12 support' message comes up. I was only getting an acceptable crash or two a week and could work around by restarting somewhere else and approaching a target from a different direction. The blanket no access statement is a pretty ugly cludge to answering users problems. Don't expect me to buy a new Ubisoft game anytime soon.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @fuaubu_al!

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a "No Dx12 Support" error message. I've moved your post into this megathread, as it's more appropriate for the error you're receiving.

As you have been able to play the game successfully prior to encountering this error, I would recommend that you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a ticket via the Ubisoft Support website, or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please include a copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag, as these will be needed for further investigation.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • theALFAyej
    1 posts

I downloaded AC Valhalla today ( a little late... Yeah I know ) and When I launched the game it showed the error "gpu doesn't support dx12 blah blah blah..." So I searched online for solutions and realized a lot of people have been having this problem and its specifically due to not having dx12 feature level 12_0... But the thing is I have dx12 feature level not just 12_0 but also 12_1 but still it is showing me that message. I used dxcpl (the only solution found in youtube) but then the game runs on the CPU... Not the integrated GPU neither the dedicated GPU... it for some reason runs on the CPU So obviously it takes like 10 minutes to load to the MAIN MENU. I tried forcing it to run on the GPU but it still runs on the CPU... NEED SOME SOLUTION PLS...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics