Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• snake301981
    1 posts

I have installed Assassin's Creed Valhalla.and when launching the game a get this message.

"NON DX12 VIDEO CARD, unable to initialize graphics system.GPU does not support DX12"DirectX12 Missing

Is this fixeable ???

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2743 posts

Hi @snake301981 and welcome to the forums.

You could be receiving this error if you GPU does not support DirectX 12 as stated or the game might be trying to launch on a integrated GPU rather than your dedicated GPU.

Please check the relevant support article below and follow the steps provided to see if that helps:

Switching to Your PC's Dedicated GPU (NVIDIA)
    Switching to Your PC's Dedicated GPU (AMD)

Official Response
  • Milllet
    1 posts

I got this message when I wanted to play. It might be because I have Win 11 installed. Does anybody else have this issue under Win 11?

I have a RTX 2060, so it should support DX12, also I played and finished the main game shortly after release and the hardware didn't change. That would mean it is a software issue. I reinstalled GPU divers, and checkt the game files on Epic store and Uplay.

Is there anything I can do to get it running under Win 11? Would love to play the DLCs.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 720 posts

Hey guys!

Thanks for everyone's input.

Just to make sure it's not being overlooked - Ubi-Woofer has shared an extensive post (Page 7) on the matter as well as what are the next steps you should proceed with, therefore have a look and if you do have any questions or difficulties, let us know and we will be happy to help!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4552 posts

Hello there,

As we have had no reports of this issue with a "Non-DX12 Video Card" error persisting in game, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with errors when launching your game, please don't hesitate to create a new thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics