Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xxx-Hisoka-xxx
    1 posts

Espero nos regalen un parche para este problema por desgracia y lamentando lo e reembolsado el juego

• BlackJack640
    2 posts

Ubi-CosmicCat (11/12/2020, 8:38:28 PM): Thanks for contacting Ubisoft Support. You're now connected with Ubi-CosmicCat, please allow a few moments for the agent to acquaint themselves with your case. Our team are working hard to provide support to as many players as possible during these difficult times. Abusive language towards our agents will not be tolerated and will result in the chat session being terminated. 
    Me (11/12/2020, 8:39:10 PM): Good evening 
    Ubi-CosmicCat (11/12/2020, 8:40:53 PM): Hi there, I understand that you're unable to launch Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, as you receive a message that your graphics card does not support DX12. Is this correct? 
    Me (11/12/2020, 8:41:07 PM): yes it is  
    Ubi-CosmicCat (11/12/2020, 8:42:18 PM): Thank you for confirming this, please allow me a few moments to look into your situation. In the meantime, I've noticed you've added your MSInfo to the case in .nfo format. I would like to ask you to please generate a new MSInfo, making sure to select Export from the drop-down menu and save it as a text file (.txt). 
    Me (11/12/2020, 8:42:57 PM): ok 
    Ubi-CosmicCat (11/12/2020, 8:46:35 PM): Thank you for waiting. After reviewing the hardware on your PC, it does not meet the minimum requirements to run Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. This means that we will not be able to guarantee that the game will run on your current system 
    Me (11/12/2020, 8:48:34 PM): can you please add support to direct x 12 11_0 GPUs ?  
    Ubi-CosmicCat (11/12/2020, 8:49:43 PM): At the moment, we don't have any information that this will happen. Nevertheless, thank you for your feedback on the system requirements 
    Me (11/12/2020, 8:52:30 PM): Thank you for being so helpful  
    Me (11/12/2020, 8:53:33 PM): I hope that a compatibilty patch will come out in the near future  
    Ubi-CosmicCat (11/12/2020, 8:54:02 PM): You're welcome, hopefully you'll be able to play the game in the future. That being said, is there anything else I can do for you today? 
    Me (11/12/2020, 8:55:30 PM): Have a good day  
    Ubi-CosmicCat (11/12/2020, 8:56:10 PM): I hope you have a good day as well and feel free to contact us again should you have any issue in the future! 
    I added MSInfo

the only componenent that does not meet sys req is the gpu , an nvidia gtx 950m , cuz of the damn direct x.

• LAPGamerTECH
    1 posts

Same here with gtx 780ti

• t3nman
    2 posts

@ragehu Hey, by the way do you know what the situation is like regarding AVX for Valhalla? I have not seen a single post of people not being able to launch the game do to their old CPU missing AVX, so does it mean Valhalla does not strictly require it? Thx

• glimmic
    1 posts

Im getting this same error and I have a 980TI, that I know supports DX12. Only thing I see is a problem is i copied game files from computer that is running a 1080TI.

• Prolice
    3 posts

Same problem...
    They annonce a GTX 960 compatibility but it does not work.
    I ve read: GTX 960M is the mobile version of GTX 960 and it s not compatible with DX12 (12_0) ...

• Prolice
    3 posts

i think Ubisoft have to do an effort here ... we are on a semantic problem ...

• ydouhavemyuser
    1 posts

@prolice it isn't that the cards don't support DX12, many of them do, and will report such in DXDIAG, as undefined shows, the issue is that http://prntscr.com/vismvq needs to say 12_0 and possibly 12_1. As shown by my 2 pics, my card Does support DX12, the issue is that the error is incomplete in it's assumptions, and needs to be more specific saying that DX12 feature level 12 needs to be supported and suggesting to try updating drivers.

• ragehu
    23 posts

@t3nman I could tell you, but...my gpu does not support DX12 (at least Ubisoft tells it 🙂
    So, the game does not start here without AVX 🙂

• victor_vulcao
    1 posts

Not Launching Unable to initialize graphics system GPU does not support DX12.
    Não consigo entrar no jogo.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • t3nman
    2 posts

Also, here's some input for those wondering abut laptop versions GPUs vs. regular desktop ones: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Faqs/000032926

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 359 posts

@victor_vulcao

I am afraid that our Forum Support team currently only speak English, and French and German via their own language page.

If you are having an issue, and cannot speak the above languages, please contact us via ticket on our website

An agent will get back to you in your native language. 

Official Response
  • huaweig
    1 posts

Same problem.

Hope Ubisoft give us a solution when most games can be run with this type of graphic card.
    Can't even run the game due to a bad specification of the characteristics by Ubisoft.
    It is not your PC's fault.

• Val_Maci
    1 posts

@kaleidoscopio same here 😥

• Therealgary19
    1 posts

@voltiicx
    getting same error and yes mines updated to 457.30

• PhilsTrevor3645
    1 posts

I can't launch the game when i try to launch with Nvidia always say :
    "Non-DX12 video card
    Unable to initialize graphics system.GPU does not support DX12"
    Please take a update !
    Contact me to show my problem.

• cargill56
    1 posts

GTX 660 same thing will not run updated to 457.30 still not loading says card is not directx 12

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hello everyone! Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. I'm going to cross-post the answer I provided in this thread regarding DirectX 12 and Feature Level 12_0 support here, to hopefully answer some of the questions and concerns raised here. As there, I have merged several threads together here to form this megathread, so I do apologise if prior conversations from the separate threads appear a little disjointed in this bigger thread now!

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate that DirectX 12 is a minimum requirement for Assassin's Creed Valhalla - DirectX 11 and any previous DirectX versions are not supported. In addition to this, feature Level 12_0 support is required for compatible GPUs, and we specified this in our announcement / news article here. If your GPU supports DirectX 12, but does not have Feature Level 12_0 support, you will be unable to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla as your GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. If you are unsure how to determine whether your GPU supports Feature Level 12_0, you can find this out by running a DXDIAG report, visiting the "Display 1" tab in the pop-up window and under "drivers", find the line "Feature Levels", which should list all supported Feature Levels. Please make sure that, if you're a laptop user, you're utilising your dedicated GPU and not your integrated one as well!

If your GPU supports DirectX 12, has Feature Level 12_0 support, and meets our system requirements / high-end system requirements (as appropriate for the performance you want to achieve) - and you still receive the "Non-DX12 Video Card" error - please make sure to run through our basic PC troubleshooting, ensuring that you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed and the latest OS for your PC in particular. If issues should still persist after that, I would encourage you to contact us in a support case or Live Chat for us to investigate further with you and fully analyse the DXDIAG report you already ran, and your MSINFO report as well. Please attach these documents to your case using these instructions. We will consider any refund requests submitted on the basis of not meeting the requirements for the game on a case-by-case basis.

I do not know of any plans to add support for the game on Feature Level 11_1 or under as the requirement for 12_0 support was stated prior to the game's release, however I will communicate all of the feedback and comments shared in this thread with the developers for them to consider it. Please do not rely on this support being implemented however, as I cannot promise that it will be. If you would like to share any additional feedback, you are welcome to do so in this very thread. 🙂

TL;DR: DirectX 12 is a minimum requirement; Feature Level 12_0 support is a minimum requirement; if you're still receiving the "Non-DX12 Video Card" error despite your GPU fully meeting our minimum system requirements and having completed our PC troubleshooting, please reach out to us in a support case or Live Chat for further assistance with your MSINFO and DXDIAG files attached! No plans to add Feature Level 11_1 or below support that I know of, but I've forwarded all feedback left in this thread to the devs for their consideration.  Refund requests submitted for not meeting the minimum requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you for reading, and have a great rest of your week. 😄

Official Response
  • FrankBue
    3 posts

Thanks for sharing. Let's cross finger that there is an opportunity for "downgrading" the requirements to maybe DX12 11_0...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics