Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ddot62
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello all,

I received my copy of the game a few days early and I've been lucky to be diving into it over the past weekend, but I've found I've been running into a wall, in the Prologue part of Norway I can't seem to access the far northern part of the map as it seems the game stops me with what looks like an animus wall and a de-sync warning, I also got this error when trying to get an ability book at the back of prologue bad guys fortress (I forgot his name), I managed to pick it up in the end just walked through as it was merely feet, but I did question why was the game trying to stop me from getting it. I mean with the case in the far north of Norway its blocking off a whole area of the map and I was just wondering why this was? Is it a bug? Is it something to do with story progression?
    I thought by this point in the prologue that I would be able to explore Norway freely, I was trying to get all the gold dots/ treasures before I moved onto England you see.
    I know it may be early, way early to be asking these sorts of questions but I thought why would the game be trying to block me off even going into these areas.

Yours, Confused Viking.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CyberWolf-N7
    22 posts

@ddot62 yep me to in Norway , saw a tune sign n cave , it wouldn't let me in cave , no idea why .

• FETUSTHEPADDY
    7 posts

@ddot62 did you get the collectors edition?

• ddot62
    Original poster 2 posts

@fetusthepaddy nah just the gold I think, why?

• zheega
    21 posts

Same here, getting desync warnings when trying to access the caves, maybe we just need to finish the prologue for those things to become available?

• longjohn119
    468 posts

@cyberwolf-n7 I also got this error when trying to get an ability book at the back of prologue bad guys fortress (I forgot his name)

It's the cave behind the waterfall on the mountainside west of Kjotve's Fortress ......It tells me "area not available" and starts glitching out like you are going off the map ......

A couple of the sync points really suck, you spend 5-10 minutes climbing which is bad enough but then you have to climb all the way back down and it's wonky as hell and easy to fall and take damage ..... And after all that work they are pretty much worthless because they are so far away from everything and it takes so long to climb down you can sail half way across the map in less time ...... Kind of the opposite of a fast travel ......

Norway makes Greece look like Nebraska .....

• Mwhita89
    24 posts

@longjohn119

I think some of the stuff in Norway is locked in the beginning because you are supposed to return later. I saw a power level 200 something so makes sense that I can’t get in at level 1. This likely unlocks as part of the story

• longjohn119
    468 posts

@mwhita89 That's true in the northern territory but the cave we are talking about is in a level 1 area

• longjohn119
    468 posts

@longjohn119 I should note that I was at level 15 at the time so no way should I be blocked in a level 1 area

• Mwhita89
    24 posts

@longjohn119 hmm possibly a bug

• Mwhita89
    24 posts

@longjohn119

can you give me the coordinates of this cave? Lol

• FETUSTHEPADDY
    7 posts

@longjohn119 you can go get it I did its fine

• Netspook
    261 posts

If you guys are talking about the one just east of Kjotve's Fortress, just ignore the warnings. Hack through the wall and get the book, you won't desync.

• CyberWolf-N7
    22 posts

There's caves blocked by pile rocks can't be hacked at , any ideas ? Thx

• Netspook
    261 posts

@cyberwolf-n7
    The wall I'm talking about just above, is inside a cave that isn't blocked. Either you're talking about somewhere else, or you're at the wrong spot.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics