Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dextromg1
    6 posts

@diiorio Did the game release already? I am not able to play. Only having the preload button instead of play button.

• CougarJJXXX
    Original poster 4 posts

@diiorio I’ve set a vpn for New Zealand and it basically “tricked” Ubisoft connect that I’m over there

• dbgager
    158 posts

@cougarjjxxx And you admit that..Thats fraud you know..

• THW-GER
    12 posts

@dbgager No, it's not. It's an urban legend. You can use VPN like you want.

• Brizzak
    10 posts

It's because you're using a VPN. Watchdogs was the same way.

If you're not playing from the same region you preloaded from, it closes when Uplay runs a sync check. No way around it that I know of.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@thw-ger Obviously you cant since your game wont work now..

• haku.2H2D
    5 posts

@cougarjjxxx had a simmilar issue in WD legion, disabling DX12 and going into full screen helped

• CougarJJXXX
    Original poster 4 posts

@dbgager lol ok bud

• CougarJJXXX
    Original poster 4 posts

@brizzak ok well that is sort of good news rather than bad I just thought the files or something was corrupt and would be a pain in the [censored] to fix. I guess I’ll have to wait until tonight

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 777 posts

Hello everyone,

I am unsure if the issue from the first post of this thread is still occurring post-launch, so any confirmation of this would be good to have from yourself CougarJJXXX.

One point I do want to raise however having spotted THW-GER's post, is that we do not encourage the use of VPNs with our games or services, which is explicitly written in our support article here, and using a VPN to circumvent regional restrictions is also forbidden in our terms of use:

5           What are our rules to sustain a friendly, safe and fair gaming environment and community? 
    5.3        Here is a non-exhaustive list of forbidden behaviours that may lead to investigation by our staff and may result in sanctions (as detailed in Article 6):
    24.  Bypassing regional restrictions of a Service with the help of proxy, VPN or other tools.

I would therefore strongly advise that none of you use a VPN in such a way, lest you risk your account being sanctioned. It is not an "urban legend" - it is actively against our terms of use!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics