Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• troykt76
    Original poster 4 posts

Game gets as far as AC Valhalla splash screen and no further.

If this is the same issue that Ubi Soft had with Origins, meaning that the game has to installed on the same drive as window then they really need to do a better job. Most people he there OS on a separate drive for a reason. It 2020 people have multiple drives for security and speed. fix this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• sonic1o1
    4 posts

Having exactly the same issue

• Tangakkai
    3 posts

same here, splash screen and then nothing. Wondering if it's really got to do with it being on a seperate drive from ubisoft connect.

• EDAMl
    2 posts

yikes imagine having bought this game... only have it cause it came with my ryzen but it wont even run on an all amd system... smfh.

• Ladysigil
    1 posts

Same issue.... 😞

• Dx2.LFT
    38 posts

13+ hours after launch and ubisoft havent even say sorry about this issue what tons of ppl have and not even saying they are trying to find fix for this issue.

• Dx2.LFT
    38 posts

should order collectors edition and not get ultimate edition, i would atleast have figure what to hold when watchin others playing this game on their streams

• iururu
    5 posts

having the same issue

• Xellian314
    1 posts

Same Problem. Splashscreen pops up and nothing happens afterwards .. also installed it on a seperate flash drive

• Vasorax
    1 posts

I had the same issue! I fixed it by moving the game to the same drive as Ubisoft Connect. I can't remember which AC game it was but this isn't the first time this has happened. Hopefully this fixes your issue as it did mine! Good luck!

• iururu
    5 posts

update: I moved my AC to windows folder, and it still won't load
    I mean, the menu loads, and even the first cut-scene, but I cannot go past first game loading screen.
    it just loads forever

• Av4zZ
    2 posts

I can't get past the loading screen either, not through "New Game" or "Continue", just stuck on the autosave spinner. With "Continue" I can run around as a child for a bit in the loading screen, but then get stuck at the spinner. Benchmark works though. I've tried first verifying my files, reinstalling and then verifying again, same results. Installed on my C drive.

• xxLogan_Lobezno
    2 posts

@vasorax it has been fixed by reinstalling the game in the same drive thanks

• xxLogan_Lobezno
    2 posts

@xxlogan_lobezno sorry now it stays all the time on the loading screen. The only thing that has left me is to start the game, which I could not before.

• Dx2.LFT
    38 posts

ubisoft is doing release stream on ubisoft nordic in twitch, all go to spam there mby they start to take this issue seriously and trying to even fix it

• Frostizy
    2 posts

The following solution worked for me, found on reddit:

Basically, you need to try the old fix that works for Origins: https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1483235412214825118/

But for audio (Assassin's Creed Valhalla\sounddata\PC) AND video files (Assassin's Creed Valhalla/video).

So you need to copy across your .pck and video .webm to where your windows OS is installed. Then with https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html create a symbolic link for each file and junction for repertory.

The whole thing only takes a handful of GB and takes about 10 mins for those who are still unsure here is a step by step.

• Download and install Link Shell Extension
    • In your OS drive (usually your 😄 drive) create two folders one for the videos and one for the sound files.
    • Open the ACV folder and keep them next to each other.
    • Drag all the files and folders from the video and sound folder in the corresponding 😄 folder (cut and paste don't copy them.)
    • Right-click the sound folders and select "pick link source" then in the empty original ACV folders right click and "Drop as" - "Symbolic Link" (make sure you do this for every file, and yes you can batch it by selecting all the files.)
    • Do the same again with the files in the video folder. Note Do not try to batch link the folders as it won't work and you have to do each one individually but instead, select "drop as" - "Junction"
    • You can delete any language files you don't want in order to save some space.

If you make a mistake don't worry just delete the .sym file or the junction and do it again.

Launch the game and give it a min or two and you should be good to go. 📷

Want to give credit to redlight on the Ubisoft forum for the original help. I'm gonna put on a brew now. Got a long night ahead!

I hope this will help!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/jrc7pu/fix_for_infinite_splash_screen/

• gUwU_Lesion
    2 posts

@iururu that's what's been happening to me and I've restarted the game multiple times for hours. I'm now redownloading it to see if that'll fix the issue

• RTQC-Ecko
    4 posts

@guwu_lesion I re-installed/downloaded and it still doesn't work for me... Big AAA game can't fix their own bug and rely on community to find solution... Pathetic...

• gUwU_Lesion
    2 posts

@rtqc-ecko indeed. i was so excited for this one too. Guess i'm gonna play destiny all day while i wait for the patch to come out

• charleye30
    2 posts

I have the same exact issue. So far the the press any key screen is the farthest
    screen I can reach before it crashes.

Installed on the same drive as the OS.
    Ryzen 3950
    AMD 5700XT
    64GB Ram
    NVME Gen 4 nvme

Suggested Topics