Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• plochol
    Original poster 23 posts

Hello.

Just launched the game, subtitles aren't showing, dialogue has no sound. I was looking for solution myself, thought it was my fault somehow, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Any advice?

Also, performance test in main menu doesn't work, I can run around as female Eivor, but the test itself isn't launching, even after about 15 minutes.

Latest Nvidia drivers, Windows updated, verified game files.
    Oh, FPS counter also doesn't work on new Uplay, at least for me.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Peruwiadomo
    3 posts

@plochol same

• SkollandGarm
    3 posts

@plochol
    Same

• Joda1201
    3 posts

@plochol try to change the language to English before starting the game and when it starts, change to your language

• plochol
    Original poster 23 posts

@joda1201 It triggered downloading another 1.7GB of files, I'll check it out and let You guys know if it helped, Thank You for the advice, kind sir 🙂

• plochol
    Original poster 23 posts

@joda1201 Yes sir, thank You very much once again.

So what I did was changing language in Ubi Connect properties (new Uplay) to English, downloading some files, then changing it back to my native language. Dialogue voices are now working, subtitles and performance test as well.The only thing that isn't is FPS counter, but I'm not concerned about this now. Hope it'll help someone 🙂

• Joda1201
    3 posts

@plochol You are welcome

• mumia82
    11 posts

I have the same problem, but langauge is already set to english by default. how do I change it to english if it's already that in uplay?

• steve5ff
    4 posts

@mumia82 same.. I'm about to try changing language option to French then changing it to English in game. Then I'll switch back to English on everything and hope it works..

• mumia82
    11 posts

@steve5ff Don't bother I already tried, it didn'T help. It doesn't download anything and there is no french audio either.

• IxJSherkxI
    4 posts

@mumia82 I tried it and says that it’s all suspended and additional data need to be downloaded but no indication on where it is

• mumia82
    11 posts

So after switching to french then back to english then forcing uplay to manually verify the game files now there is audio.

PS: NO, I'm not going to call it ubisoft connect it's too long, marketing department made a bad call on this rebranding.

• IxJSherkxI
    4 posts

@plochol how did you trigger the download mine are currently saying there all suspended...

• steve5ff
    4 posts

@mumia82 ok I'm gonna try manually verifying.. what a [censored] lol

• IxJSherkxI
    4 posts

@steve5ff [censored] show wouldn’t be the word! I understand there will always be bugs but how can you get it so wrong with a basic thing like [censored] speech 😓

• steve5ff
    4 posts

@ixjsherkxi I tried everything method that other people had success with but nothing seems to work. man this sucks. I basically paid a hundred bucks just to be a beta tester it seems. I'm gonna try downloading one more language pack and if that doesn't work I'm giving up until they patch this thing

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

Hi guys,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that these issues have been the case.

We're glad to hear that most of you have been able to get around this with the workaround.

Could you just confirm which version of the game you purchased and what region your are from? This may help us look into this.

Official Response
  • steve5ff
    4 posts

@ubi-baron I purchased the Ultimate Edition and am a gamer in Korea. I'm running Ryzen3700X with 2060 super graphics card.

• riddles191
    9 posts

@ubi-baron
    im on Xbox One. No dialogue or subtitles . On the options menu - sound - general - voice language set to English but with a cloud image next to it. When selected says download of your audio language pack has been suspended

• KaradrazGG
    3 posts

@ubi-baron im using Ubisoft+ version, im losing ubisoft+ days i have left because of this bug, do sth faster
    Update: After some tries i resovled the issue by changing the game language to english in ubisoft connect, later veryfying the files and then i launched the game. strange thing, after i launched the game english language suddenly changed back to polish and everything works

Suggested Topics