Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Original poster 3 posts

On the main menu i get suttering and in benchmark with bad screen tearing. if i turn vsync on i still get screen tearing but with more stutter, with fps lock on 60 or off aswell, using latest nvidia drivers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LtTaffy
    3 posts

@adam_chattaway

Same here. Severe stutterring with Vsync on, terrible screen tearing with it off. I'm using a 3080, getting 70-90 fps on Ultra settings, but im using a 60hz monitor so I want V-sync on. Weirdly, everything runs perfectly smooth in Windowed mode, only get stuttering/tearing in borderless and fullscreen.

• Nandiman
    3 posts

I am running an i7-7700K, 2080Super. No stutters, no screen tearing. Using latest nvidia drivers, 457.30.

Here are a couple of things you need to check:

1. Make sure "Shader cache" is enabled in nvidia control panel. The first time you play the game, it will stutter as the cache is built. After that it will smooth out.
    2. Play the game off an SSD, asset streaming would be slow off an HDD, resulting in stutter.
    3. Use "Fast Sync" in nvidia control panel (I recommend using "Fast Sync" always, for all games). "Fast Sync" will remove screen tearing without capping frame rate. If you need frame cap, cap it from in game (see point 4. below).
    4. Do not use frame capping from nvidia control panel, use in game frame capping. Anvil engines have a weird quirk, when using capping from anywhere else but the game (Had the same issue with AC: Origins, causing stuttering)

Note: I am using a 144Hz G-Sync capable monitor. G-sync and Fast Sync both enabled, frame capped to 60 from in game (is actually capped to 61, but this was always the same with all Anvil engine games)

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@nandiman Thank you so much for sharing these details and suggestions!!

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@adam_chattaway @LtTaffy Hello there! My apologies for the delayed response. I'm also extremely sorry to hear that you both were/are experiencing these problems in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. If is this still an issue at this time, perhaps you could check out Nandiman's suggestions! I would also advise completing our technical troubleshooting guide as those steps are quick to complete. They're also generally helpful to try in situations like these!

Additionally, please do not hesitate to upload your MSinfo file in a case at support.ubi.com. Our technical team would be glad to provide more specialized assistance for you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics