Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Starcadian
    7 posts

@Ubi-Baron

I'm on the very latest version of Windows and it still happens, i've run system file checkers, installed reinstalled latest graphics drivers, defragged, installed every single update for Windows, this is clearly a sprite memory leak, NOT a windows update issue.

• OlafsOsh
    10 posts

Looks like Ubi goes an easy route.

• gmantis78
    2 posts

They do a half [censored] job porting from Console and then decide the solution is drivers or OS or any other go to which isn't their responsibility

• JIeMypylllka
    21 posts

Fully reinstall windows on latest enterprise 2004. Problem was gone. Thank u ubisoft that i decide ur problem. Thank u...

• Thanhvu96
    7 posts

@ubi-baron
    A lot of players have the latest version but problem still persist, so its not just about updating window, please fix this

• MIGHTY220653
    1 posts

I fully updated windows. Still have this happening. Last time I buy an ubisoft game on a platform other than steam unless they can push a fix quickly.

• Nagru87
    16 posts

well thats sad news 😕

• hdl.exe
    1 posts

Same bug here, really hurts my eyes and makes the game unplayable.
    Windows OS and graphical drivers are up to date.

Can't find any solution.

This is... yeah... annoying.

• Cashperr
    2 posts

I've fixed it on my computer.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
    2. Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you'd like to update.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. Select Update Driver.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Hey everyone! I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. I'm also incredibly sorry to see that you all were experiencing this glitch in Assassin's Creed Valhalla! Can you please let me know if this is still occurring at this time? If so, can you please check to see if Windows has any updates waiting to be installed? Thanks!

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@aerkfeed Hey there! I deeply apologize for the delayed response and for the inconvenience that this bug may have caused you in-game. Are you still experiencing this at this time? If so, have you tried completing our technical troubleshooting guide? Those quick steps are helpful to complete as they can actually help to resolve bugs!

Official Response
  • Thanhvu96
    7 posts

@cashperr
    what exactly did you update?

• Ice_breaker007
    1 posts

Ich habe mit den Bäumen diesen Texturfehler. Habe schon alles versucht, selbst fenster neu. rtx 3070, gewinn10 20H2

• Josua54
    3 posts

@ubikoality

Please note that the thread at https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77171/bug-with-fire-and-smoke?lang=en-US discusses the exact same issue. There are more than 150 replies in that thread of unhappy users who experienced the same problem.

If you read through the thread, you will see that a suggested fix was to update windows. This has worked for some players. However, it is abundantly clear that the fix is not guaranteed, since a number of players have also reported that they updated windows to no avail. Furthermore, you will also see that there are some users who cannot update windows due to work restrictions on their computer and conflicting software. However, despite this, Ubi-Baron has advocated that Windows be updated since this has worked "for a good number of players." I would very much like to know what you define as "a good number of players," because if only 50% of users are happy with this fix, and you are satisfied with losing 50% of your customers, then I strongly question your business model. The thread is apparently being kept open for those "on the latest version of windows." So then, in other words, those who cannot upgrade windows will receive no further assistance? You will also see that users have started to request refunds following Ubi-Barons blatant disregard for customers in unique situations.

I, for one, am one of those who cannot upgrade my version of Windows at this time. Hence, the game is unplayable and Ubisoft has decided that clients such as myself are not worth helping. I have therefore also requested a refund to the game. I hope you realize that PC users who have purchased the game within the first few days, such as myself, are the users who have supported you for years. They are also the customers who are willing to pay the full price for the game, rather than waiting a year for the price to come down or for some special to make it worth their while. I have purchased and played every single AC game since Assassins Creed II, including Assassins Creed Unity which received an incredibly poor review. Assassins Creed Valhalla is already being compared to that mess following a number of glitches ranging from audio, to saved games to graphics.

As I said, I have already requested my refund for Assassins Creed Valhalla and you have officially lost my support. This will be the last AC game that I purchase. Thank you very much for your "screw you" attitude towards loyal customers.

• Josua54
    3 posts

Following the @Ubi-Baron response, I too have now requested a refund.

I would like to point out a couple of things:

Firstly, the claim is made that the upgrade to the latest version of windows has worked "for a good number of players." I would like to counter that argument by pointing out that it has also NOT worked for a good number of players. In other words, for users who are very reluctant to upgrade windows due to, for instance, conflicting software on their work computer, the fix is not guaranteed and this is a risk which is probably not worth taking. I have also not counted the number of users for whom this solution has worked, but a quick scan of the responses leaves me with the impression that the probability of success feels 50-50. In my mind, a solution that only works for 50% of users is no solution at all. Imagine an engineer building a bridge and concluding that 50% of people will not survive crossing it, but... well... tough luck for them. Or visiting a surgeon who has a record that only 50% of his patients make it out of theater.

Secondly, the post concludes by stating that the thread is being left open for users who are "on the latest version of windows." In other words, those users who do not have the luxury of upgrading to the latest version of windows are now being completely ignored from here on out? I believe that some users have given legitimate reasons for not being able to upgrade windows and those users should be assisted as well, especially considering the poor success rate of the initially proposed solution. I, for one, am one of those users that cannot upgrade my version of Windows.

Finally, I would also like to point out that Assassins Creed Valhalla only became available on Epic Games on the 10th of November. I would then like to remind Ubisoft that those users who have purchased the game within these first 8 days are loyal customers who have supported them for many years and who have anxiously awaited the arrival of Valhalla. These are the customers who are such loyal supporters that they are willing to pay the full price for the game, rather than waiting a year for the price to drop or for some festive sale to ease the burden. I have purchased and played every Assassins Creed game since Assassins Creed II, including Assassins Creed Unity, which received a very poor review. Valhalla is already being compared to that mess thanks to multiple bugs ranging from audio, to lost save games, to glitchy missions, and of course, this horrible graphic episode.

I have, therefore, requested my refund for the game and Ubisoft has now lost my support. This is the last Assassins Creed game that I will have purchased. Thank your very much for your "screw you" attitude towards loyal customers.

• Nagru87
    16 posts

well i suspend my ubi+ 😕 game is unplayable sadness

• Vadaa87
    5 posts

Well, I´m _really_ not saying tghat this is a viable solution.. at all really... but installing a fresh copy of windows on my machine fixed the issue, just so those people that can, know how to fix it

• Cashperr
    2 posts

@Thanhvu96 Graphics card driver. first i tried on nvidas website but that didnt solve the problem. Then i tried this method and it worked

• Thanhvu96
    7 posts

@cashperr
    Yeah I just did that but it say I already have the latest driver the problem still unsolve sadly

• OlafsOsh
    10 posts

No, no, no, @Ubi-Baron, the case is not closed! Many people with this bug yet still!! Keep this thread and problem alive!!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics