Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheLittleTomato
    13 posts

@aerkfeed
    I have a fully updated version of Windows that shows no errors with a scan and an updated Graphics card.
    I have done everything I can think of. I updated literally every program on my PC. I even tried through multiple settings of my Graphics card.
    I can't do more and I know I'm not the only one.
    There is an issue with the game. It should be in the known issues post as long as people have problems with it.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2929 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

Following the release of TU 1.2.2, this issue has been marked as resolved.

If you are still encountering these multicoloured artefacts in-game, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. When sharing your report, please include all of the following information:

• Was the behavior encountered after you just launched the game for the first time? Or did it begin mid-playthrough?
    • Where have you encountered this behaviour? Please specify the location/mission where you noticed these graphical issues.
    • Please can you provide us with a video that shows the issue happening in-game?

Additionally, could you open a support ticket and submit your MSinfo and DxDiag, as these will be helpful for further investigation. Once you've opened a ticket, please share your ticket number with us so we can ensure these files are passed on to the development team.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Yarvius
    2 posts

@thelittletomato I agree. I'll wait a couple of days. If there is no information about a solution to this problem, I will ask for my money back.

• dollar601
    3 posts

I tried updating my windows 10 but it gives me an error and undoes the whole update process. It gives me a bunch of errors when trying to update to windows 10 version 1703 (2018) and version 1903. "service.msc" cannot even be found by windows, do I have to reinstall my windows at this point? System file checker would also get stuck and give me an error... This just seems like a nightmare to deal with and a lot of hassle just to be able to play a game. Any advice would be great...

• sparda1012
    5 posts

Asking users to update their Windows should not even be a solution, clearly this does not work for everyone and I am not updating my windows for a solution that might not even work... This can easily be patched and it should definitely be in the known issues section... none of the previous games asked for a specific Windows 10 build and this should not either

• EfeTozan
    6 posts

I bought a new card rtx 2070 super, and this issue gone. now i don't see those lights. and also i updated my windows before new card. maybe that solved my problem i don't know.

• sparda1012
    5 posts

@ubi-baron

Asking users to update their Windows should not even be a solution.

*90% of the people reporting this issue got a 9x series or a 10x series nvidia card
    *Most of the people that tried to update their Windows still got the issue.

Clearly updating Windows does not work for everyone and this seems to be an issue with the 9x, 10x series cards or the drivers... None of the previous games asked for a specific Windows 10 build and this should not either.

This can easily be patched and it should definitely be in the "Known Issues" section, please add it so a patch can be released soon, this is not an Operating System issue!

• vivekdr261
    2 posts

The same problem for me too. Please fix this asap. Totally ruins the game!

• TyberiusKurk
    5 posts

Third day, still not able te use the product i pay for. i tried all the possible solution ( again, but an error could have come from me, who know ? ) and still have the acid trip smoke. I don't even want a refund, i just want to play the goddam game and i'm sick of waiting for it.

• gmantis78
    2 posts

Is Ubisoft support even going to reply further than the Win 10 update non solution?.Come on Ubisoft a lot of paying enthusiasts left in limbo unable to play their game properly...knowing if there is going to be a fix at least would be nice playing like this is not the experience I got excited about...

• TheSasKun
    5 posts

@ubi-baron when will our problem be added to the list of known issues at least? Will we get a fix in the next patch?

• Starcadian
    7 posts

Any news or acknowledgement of this from the dev team?

• heksbr
    1 posts

@Ubi-Baron many people here are demanding an answer since we spend money for a broken game. at least a reply will be polite.

• Pierogi.Warrior
    1 posts

Same here. I have very bright flashes occuring randomly where shadows or light reflections on water are supposed to be. It varies in the flashing speed. Also it seems all the spider webs are glowing with this very bright white light.

• vahndaar
    14 posts

So after much frustration I can confirm that fire and smoke effects are destroying framerates. Pulling out a torch alone drops fps by around 5, so when in settlements with lots of torches, smoke, fire or other particle effects then the framerate absolutely tanks. I have a sneaking suspicion cloth physics for flags and banners might be an issue as well. Basically anything with physics. Performance is worse at night than during the day for this very reason. This is the same problem that existed in Origins, Odyssey never had this issue. In Origins torches would tank framerate and it was fixed in a patch I think. This framerate drop is exponentially higher when antialiasing is turned up, again exactly the same behaviour from Origins. I have no idea what the game is doing with particle effects but it is simply eating GPUs and processing power on PC. In areas with no particle effects, everything runs fine. We're talking about going from 80-85 fps in areas with lots of particle effects down to about 45 - half frame rate almost. The GPU is spending huge amounts of time doing nothing but chewing cycles on this stuff.

For those struggling with performance, turning down antialiasing is the biggest benefit until this is fixed as it currently just compounds the problem.

Also for those having issues with flickering and just wierd graphical corruption and stuttering try a clean driver install and/or resetting nvidia control panel to default settings. I was getting massive graphical issues and conflicts which turned out to be a conflict with nvidia control panel settings. Personally, forcing sharpening through nVidia control panel definitely caused graphical corruption. Might not solve all problems but definitely helped on my setup.

• OlafsOsh
    10 posts

@vahndaar so, are you saying, that tinkering with Nvidia setup you got eid of those fog and smoke glitches?

• nafninja23
    1 posts

Yep I am still getting this a lot - see here for examples: https://imgur.com/gallery/mrMbM92

Restarting the game seems to sometimes fix it for a whole session. Sometimes the "glitches" get worse as the game continues.

I believe I have the latest windows updates.

I am playing of widescreen. GPU: RTX 2070 Super.

• need4mirrors
    3 posts

I'm getting similar lighting/graphics glitches on Xbox Series X, I made a post here with a quick screencapture: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78931/very-distracting-lighting-shadow-bugs-on-xbox-series-x?lang=en-US

• Nagru87
    16 posts

oh boy even on console? 0_0

• vahndaar
    14 posts

Fiddling with Nvidia control panel got rid of the massive flickering I was getting, don't know if it is exactly the same I was getting huge flashes of black and white and a wierd border around the screen. Shadows were glitching and everything would just go really bright then dark. Really wierd.

• Cyctemshock
    1 posts

Same bug happened on my PC,
    with nvidia newest driver 457.30,windows10 updated to newest version and no corrupted files.
    Graphics card :Titan X (same generations as GTX 980).

Should we just ask for the refund now?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics