Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SOLVED [RESOLVED] [PC] Fire / Smoke / Dust effects causing multicoloured graphical artefacts | POST HERE

26 Likes/262 Replies/7449 Views
    Vektxd
    3 posts

@ubi-baron
    First encountered as child Elvor (didn't go further than that) and very similar issue happens in performance test too, first save ever created and verifying files does not detect any problems.
    DxDiag:

spoiler

• TaimurZafar
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-baron
    The problem happened from my first save file. Started right at the beginning as child Eivor and continues throughout. Any particle like dust, mist, smoke etc all have the same light effect and also generally flicker and glitch a lot. Verifying files doesn't change anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling too with that making no difference.

DxDiag:

spoiler

• Vadaa87
    5 posts

happened both as child and as adult, tried verifying,. didnt work

• Patsthlm
    7 posts

@ubi-baron

• It was first encountered for me when doing a benchmark, all the fires and smokes had weird EFX. Then as I started the game you could see it immidietely in the child Eivor scenes and further on in the game as adult Eivor. picture 1 picture 2
    • Verifying the game files did nothing. Reinstalling the game did not work.  I have the lasted driver installed, I tried going back to older drivers.

Some redditor experiencing the same issue with a video example
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/jrk9tj/wierd_dust_or_smoke_texture_issues_anyone_know/

DxDiag

spoiler

• Patsthlm
    7 posts

@ubi-baron

• It was first encountered for me when doing a benchmark, all the fires and smokes had weird EFX. Then as I started the game you could see it immidietely in the child Eivor scenes and further on in the game as adult Eivor. picture 1 picture 2
    • Verifying the game files did nothing. Reinstalling the game did not work.  I have the lasted driver installed, I tried going back to older drivers.

Some redditor experiencing the same issue with a video example
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/jrk9tj/wierd_dust_or_smoke_texture_issues_anyone_know/

DxDiag

spoiler

• Nagru87
    16 posts

how to add dxdiag?

• Myriis
    3 posts

Updating windows fixed it for me

• Teeeward
    2 posts

My windows update was down, so i used the "service.msc" commande with WINDOWS+R to relaunch it.
    I had a big Windows update and now it work

• lefthorse
    10 posts

@ubi-baron

GTX 1060, latest driver; I rolled back to the previous version but the problem persisted.

The behavior began immediately when Eivor was a child and continued; I tried to play through it but it is so incredibly trippy (and not the good kind) it is utterly unplayable.

This was my first save slot; first time running the game. I have verified file integrity twice.

DxDiag:
    ------------------

spoiler

• lefthorse
    10 posts

@masterlav98 You can just copy paste the info from the DxDiag here if you want to. Here's hoping they get this sorted quickly.

• Nagru87
    16 posts

it seems problems with older version of windows 😕 i hope they fix that i dont want to update windows ;/

• TheLittleTomato
    13 posts

Well, my Windows is fully updated and I still have the issue... So that's not a fix for everyone, unfortunately ☹

• makeo7
    2 posts

I hope there is another solution because I don't want to upgrade my windows. My OS respects the specifications (W10 64 bits). It should be enouth to run the game.

• OlafsOsh
    10 posts

Same here.

Since it's my first Ubisoft game I have bought, I am very displeased.. 60euros, guys...

• nbgbxysqybr
    2 posts

Same problem Win10 (last_up KB4586830) 1080ti 457.30

• TaimurZafar
    Original poster 6 posts

Originally upgrading my windows didn't fix it, but I reinstalled windows changing from an enterprise version to windows 10 pro with the latest update which seems to have fixed it. Obviously this is a hassle and not worth it for everyone. Maybe that's the only option for now.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

Thank you for the details guys.

We would advise that anyone on a older version of Windows should try updating their OS, as not being on the latest update can cause issues.

Anyone on the latest version of Windows, please try running the System File checker to see if anything needs to be repaired and see if it makes a different to the issue. You can see steps for this here.

Official Response
  • nbgbxysqybr
    2 posts

@ubi-baron
    But how can I solve this problem without updating Windows? The system requirements for this game do not specify the latest patch for Windows 10

• OlafsOsh
    10 posts

There should be a non Win update option. Looks like those particle systems have some checkmark unticked during import of assets into engine (but I totally can be wrong). In that case it should be easy fix.

Sad, though.

• TyberiusKurk
    5 posts

@Ubi-Baron

I did exactly as you said and it didn't do anything. not gonna lie, i'm pretty bothered to have payed 60 Euro for a game i can't even play with a computer that can make him turn easily. Please, do you have any other possible solution ?

Suggested Topics