Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • timewarper205
    Original poster 1 posts

I play on the Xbox series X. I cannot hear any voices at all. I can hear all background voices and such. Just cannot hear any voices. The subtitles don’t even show up. I go to my voice settings in game and try to download the audio language pack for English but it comes up saying “this pack has been suspended, please try again later”. How do I fix this problem?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• necromancer129
    1 posts

Same here, I'm on the Series X and I have English as the default voice over language, as well as subtitle language. The subtitles show up and the background music is there, but there is no voice over at all. The only suggestions I've seen so far are for PC.

• F34RTH15P41N
    6 posts

I'm having this exact problem on both Valhalla and Legion... Xbox Series X...

Both games are unplayable with this issue... Every other game works fine, just the Ubisoft stuff having the problem...

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 672 posts

Hey folks! I'm very sorry that you guys are having this issue. I'll get this up to the developers - could you provide a video if possible? Also, a screenshot showing the "suspended" message?

Official Response
  • KickAssCop
    2 posts

I also got this game on Xbox Series X and went through 47 GB upgrade only to find that I have no dialog audio. Background music is on but can't hear any dialog or effects such as swords etc.
    Please post a fix soon.

• F34RTH15P41N
    6 posts

@kickasscop

It's a joke... Pay $170 (which is actually way too much even if it worked to be honest) only to have to sideline it anyway because it's unplayable...

If this is the standard of Ubisoft games now, then I don't see any reason to pay full price for one again...

By the time they work, they're on sale... Might as well just wait from now on...

• F34RTH15P41N
    6 posts

@ubi-spud

Happening on Watch Dogs: Legion as well...

Exact same issue...

From what i can tell... Play it on a Series X and you'll see for yourself... Myself and 3 friends are all having the exact same issue on both games... Not to mention those that have posted here as well...

It's a story driven game, with dialogue that doesn't work... Might wanna have it fixed before the social media dumpster fire begins...

• KickAssCop
    2 posts

I only tried AC Valhalla and it doesn't work. This is absolutely ridiculous. Let's hope Ubi can patch it fast.

• BozoHarry
    1 posts

Change HDMI Audio to Stereo Uncompressed in console settings. It had incorrectly defaulted to 7.1 uncompressed for me

• jjfrizz2
    7 posts

@ubi-spud I'm having the exact same problems on Xbox One

• TeccaNina0917
    1 posts

@bozoharry thank you! Same here. Go to xbox settings and check audio.

• jjfrizz2
    7 posts

@teccanina0917 I did and still no sound for voices

• danmciver
    2 posts

I'm having the same problem was so looking forward to seeing what my xbox series x could do and spent 80 on a game I can't play =(

• arax1982
    1 posts

exactly the same issue here. X-box one , no audio from characters or subtitles. tried the download for audio packs for English and all i get is "the download of the audio pack has been suspended. please try again later". looked at the audio settings on console they are the uncompressed settings as well. Really disappointed by this been looking forward to playing as well.

• danmciver
    2 posts

I did with the last and never had a problem wish I did it this time as the sale i got the 90 pound game all add ons and it only cost me 20

• jjfrizz2
    7 posts

@ubi-spud how can I upload a screenshot to you

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

Audio stuttering on ps4. Anyone else?

• ottered
    3 posts

Same issue on Xbox series x. Fixed by changing Xbox settings->general->volume & audio output->hdmi audio from “7.1 uncompressed” to “Stereo uncompressed”.

• riddles191
    9 posts

@ubi-spud
    I can’t send a video due to thisundefined

• riddles191
    9 posts

@ubi-spud this is the error message thoughundefined

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics