ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SachaBurelle
    Original poster 9 posts

I play on pc but I have my ps4 controller plugged in for this game. It works on the Ubisoft Connect menu but I can't change input modes in game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hail! Are you trying via Bluetooth or directly connecting to your PC? Are you using any sort of 3rd party input software?

Official Response
  • RevoWution
    4 posts

@ubi-spud

I'm experiencing the same issue too. The controller works fine in the Ubisoft Connect overlay, but not in the actual game itself. The game doesn't detect my controller.

I'm using it via Bluetooth with no third party software. Just Windows 10's built in Bluetooth controller support.

Interestingly, the controller works fine with AC: Syndicate, which I also launch through Ubisoft Connect 😕

• SachaBurelle
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-spud I have tried both ways and the issue remains the same.

• RevoWution
    4 posts

Quick update. The game recognises the controller when it's connected via USB cable, and I'm able to play with no issues while it's connected this way.

Still no joy with Bluetooth though 😞

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 437 posts

@revowution Thanks for confirming that your controller works via USB. Are you also using a PS4 controller?
    @SachaBurelle Are you using any third party software to connect your controller or are you also just using standard Windows Bluetooth?

Official Response
  • SachaBurelle
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-swaggins I'm using standart windows bluetooth

• SachaBurelle
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-swaggins This morning I tried again after the update and it seems to work via usb for me as well but still no luck using bluetooth

• RevoWution
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Yep, I'm using a genuine PS4 controller. The game even recognises it's a PS4 controller with the correct PS4 buttons in-game. It just refuses to work via Bluetooth.

FYI, Bluetooth works fine with AC: Syndicate launched via Ubisoft Connect, albeit the game thinks its an Xbox One controller (the game shows ABXY, etc.)

• Santiago5uk
    1 posts

@sachaburelle

I also have the same issue, I've got a genuine PS4 controller connected via bluetooth. I've confirmed it is connected to the PC and working because Steam Big Picture is able to pick it up and I have tested several games using it, it works fine there via bluetooth.

It doesn't work however with anything in Ubisoft Connect. This is also strange because a few days ago, I had it working with WatchDogs: Legion. Since the release of Valhalla, it hasn't worked via bluetooth.

It is also fine when connected via USB.

• JasonML94
    2 posts

xbox serie x controller work via usb but wont via the bluetooth built in my motherboard but it usually works with every other game

• JasonML94
    2 posts

i tried odyssey and it look like since uplay became uplay connect there is some bad input related to the auto switch between wired keyboard and bluetooth controller and there is no mod to put only controler like there is in valhalla but still there is that mod in valhalla it wont accept my command via controller.

• robhaza
    1 posts

@santiago5uk @SachaBurelle

Exactly the same issue.

Can play every other game, even AC: Origins, with my controller via Bluetooth, but cannot play AC: Odyssey (only if I connect it via USB). Don't know how to fix this, it was a very frustrating 2 hours until I realized I could just plug it (lol). I would like to use it via Bluetooth, I hope this can be fixed soon.

I use a PS5 controller.

• DL_Drill.NB
    1 posts

I'll +1 this discussion, since I've started getting issues with my PS4 controller since updating to 1.3.1.

I played the entire game with this controller, no 3rd party software needed. As mentioned above, I can also use the controller in the Ubisoft Connect overlay (I can even use it on the "Press any button" prompt when starting the game), but I can't it for any gameplay, it just doesn't detect it. I use the included PS4 USB charging cord to connect my controller.

Weird thing is, even if I try to use DS4Windows, it still doesn't detect it. I have no issues with my controller in other games.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3008 posts

Hello dl_drill-nb thank you for your post.

Are you using the official PS4 controller?

The officially supported controllers for the game on PC are >
    Xbox One Controller (wired)
    DualSense Controller (wired)
    Dualshock 4 Controller (wired)

Sometimes if my controller is disconnected and I have used bluetooth, or another launcher with the controller, the settings in the game can change back to Keyboard and Mouse by accident, which stops me from being able to use the controller.

Could you check your settings in the game by navigating there with keyboard and mouse, then changing this to your controller if not selected?

Official Response

Suggested Topics