Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • DreadGrrl
    Original poster 163 posts

I can't fathom how this could be an issue . . . am I a total moron? I can't select Eivor.

I'm trying with controller and mouse . . . and I tried all three. I tried all buttons on the controller and all buttons on the mouse.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Lavender_Gooms
    16 posts

Same. Quit and reloaded and it happened again. Neither controller nor mouse work, this is the Uplay version.

• DreadGrrl

@lavender_gooms

Uplay for me, too.

I've tried it a couple of times. I'm trying driver updates now.

The upside to this is that I didn't get hours into the game before being able to progress. That's an upside, right???

• DreadGrrl

@dreadgrrl

Adding my system info as an FYI to Ubi:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name STORMTROOPER
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU SKU
    Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1407, 4/1/2020
    SMBIOS Version 3.2
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    BaseBoard Product TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
    BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume6
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
    User Name STORMTROOPER\?????
    Time Zone Mountain Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 25.5 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 27.6 GB
    Page File Space 4.75 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Interesting that "locale" shows up as the US. It isn't.

• Lavender_Gooms
    16 posts

I found the answer. Or at least a workaround.

I had selected Hold Alternative in the options. Changing that to off let me select here and proceed.

• DreadGrrl

@lavender_gooms
    I'll check this and report back.

• DreadGrrl

@lavender_gooms

This solved the issue. Thank you!

• Schoujagd
    3 posts

@lavender_gooms
    This worked for me.
    Thank you a lot!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts

Hey there guys! Sorry for the delayed response.

Lavender_Gooms was able to find the right workaround. We have a support article that goes into this in more detail, that you can find here.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics