Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CODERED2204
    2 posts

@mrblond9000 It appears they're included in Ubisoft Connect overlay, I've just noticed that. So you can check your game progression and something similar to achievements. Hope they will change it, though...

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

Any updates on this? Would be great, if it would be fixed before the weekend.

• Izi_
    45 posts

Ubisoft, what the hell? 👎 😠 🖕 🖕

• xrayspex_73
    155 posts

Ubi, I would even be okay with it if they were not retroactive as long as it is fixed soon. I won't mind starting fresh if it is fixed this week but if it takes weeks and I am dozens of hours into the campaign... that would make me a very sad panda.

• xrayspex_73
    155 posts

@ubi-baron

NoOOoOoooo....

😞

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

@xrayspex_73 Yeah it would be great if we could at least know if it will be fixed and in which timeframe. Does it take days or weeks?
    Based on that we can decide to either wait or go forward or start a new game in a few days.

• xrayspex_73
    155 posts

@porcupineskar

They just updated their post above...

There will be NO achievements for AC:V on PC... just challenges (which I don't think are anywhere close to the same thing).

Sad day...

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

Hey guys,

Apologies for some of the misinformation I provided earlier in the thread, this was due to a miscommunication.

Achievements are not not available for this title on PC, and this is an intended change.

Instead of Achievements for new games on Ubisoft Connect, instead we have expanded the Challenges, which provide XP and other rewards in Ubisoft Connect.

We know that this is a big change for a lot of you, and we appreciate your understanding in the matter

ERRATUM DATED 14/11/2020
    Previous response above was inaccurate.

We are aware that achievements are not available for Assassin's Creed Valhalla players on PC - this was unintended. We are actively working to enable achievements and will keep you updated when more information is available.

Official Response
  • Porcupineskar
    14 posts

@ubi-baron I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Why would you get rid of achievements? Why can't challenges be the same tasks like the achievements?
    I mean there are even sites out there for achievement guides and achievement hunters, so it was and will be a big part of games like AC, why would you get rid of this feature for a dedicated plattform?
    Doesn't make sense any sense at all.

• xrayspex_73
    155 posts

@porcupineskar

Especially since Watchdogs Legion has BOTH achievements and challenges.

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

@ubi-baron
    Why should we have understanding in this matter?
    Achievements have and always will be a big part of those games, it's a big part of console gaming as well.
    I don't care if it is called achievements or challenges but why aren't the challenges the same as the achievements?
    Why do you get rid of a feature for a dedicated plattform, when it's still on console?

• sty1on
    15 posts

Edited due to no longer being relevant...

• Lockmort
    95 posts

@ubi-baron [censored]? Glad I didn't buy it and used Ubisoft+ instead, but I'll definitely not buy any other games in the future either. Absolutely ridiculous. I know it's not your fault, but this is so stupid. What the hell is Ubisoft thinking? Ubisoft Connect? More like Ubisoft Wrekt. Should've never gone with Epic, it ruins PC gaming. Again: not your fault, but still incredibly stupid of Ubisoft.

• Vilemos
    64 posts

@ubi-baron That's just [censored] [censored]. No we won't udnerstand, why other platforms have achievments and PC DOESN'T!

I am paying for the game, I want everything that is supposed to be there!! Not some cut down version!

IDIOTISM

• xrayspex_73
    155 posts

@porcupineskar

I know right? If the challenges on Ubisoft Connect were the same as the achievements on the consoles, I would be fine as that is just semantics around the name. But the challenges here are much simpler than the achievements on console (also 30 challenges vs 50 achievements).

This makes me pretty sad as I like chasing achievements...

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

@xrayspex_73 I'm so glad I'm on Ubisoft+, because I will just cancel. Maybe some day I will get this game for a few bucks on PS5, at least they will have achievements.
    Great way to position your PC platfform Ubisoft.

• xxpdmxxblood
    10 posts

That's a terrible choice. If I knew that I would not buy this game. It just does not make any sense. Why treat PC gamers different? 😠

• sty1on
    15 posts

This stinks. Nobody was made aware of this fundamental change before purchasing (I purchased directly from the Ubisoft store too). Achievements are an expected part of the gaming experience now, to strip them away from the the PC gaming platform makes no sense.

Why didn't they remove them from WD Legion then which only released a couple of weeks ago?

If they are only going to have Challenges then at least make them the same as other platforms achievements/trophies!

Thanks for ruining my day Ubisoft.

• xrayspex_73
    155 posts

It's so strange looking at all of my games in Uplay/Ubisoft connect. They ALL have achievements... now they will no longer ever have achievements for any future games on PC.

Why treat us as lesser customers vs your console players? Is our money not as valued? Is it really that hard to simply copy the same achievements over to the PC platform too?

Either Ubisoft under-estimated how much people like achievements in games or they really don't care about the PC players enough to implement them.

I really wish I understood the logic/thought process behind this.

• sty1on
    15 posts

@xrayspex_73 We will just have to hope that they get enough negative feedback from this that they reconsider before releasing their next game.

Suggested Topics