Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• l0stw0lf
    29 posts

Ubisoft Connect updated for me, but still no ACV achievements yet

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@l0stw0lf The game has no achievements yet hence Connect update won't solve this issue. The game itself needs an update.

• Lockmort
    95 posts

@redindianrobin they stated before that it didn't have anything to do with the game itself, but that the issue was with Ubisoft Connect. They said the game has achievements, but Ubisoft Connect has a minor bug. The longer it takes, the less likely that seems to be true.

• xxpdmxxblood
    10 posts

One more day without achievements and I can't even ask for refund. Do something, fix it, RESPECT your customers!!

• Vilemos
    64 posts

@redindianrobin If game didn't have achievments, then consoles wouldn't have achievments. Plus if you roll up, there were screens from (what I assume) early builds of the game, where achievments where present.

This is just lazy from them no to put them there. Either that or they are [censored] with us.

• Vilemos
    64 posts

Also, tha game is 2 weeks out and no major update is even announced...that's what kinda scares me.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@vilemos Yup. The game desperately needs a massive update. I wonder will title update 1.0.3 will bring in achievements or do we need to wait even more months! The silent communication from the devs isn't helping at all.

• Lockmort
    95 posts

@redindianrobin what baffles me the most is that they still don't know if they're retroactive or not. It's such a simple question.

• Tik3r-
    5 posts

@lockmort
    This, I only want to know if i can continue playing the game normally or wait until achievement release.

• HANSSON520
    13 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    Still nothing from the devs team to you, have no information or communication for us ? Anything even a little ?

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@lockmort I am already 70 hours in. At this point, I hope the achievements are read and unlocked retroactively from our save files. Support guy says a massive update is coming by the end of this week, but he's not sure whether it'll bring achievements or not.

• MrBlond9000
    38 posts

@redindianrobin That's great News!! but did i miss something? a big update get rolled out end of the week?? 🙂
    And if right i think the Achievements finally wil come.

• JeffMorgan1983
    32 posts

This has been such a crappy experience. I'll tell you what though, I'll never be pre-ordering another Ubisoft game ever again!

• halcyonrift
    25 posts

@jeffmorgan1983

I certainly don't want to be the "entitled" guy, but I'm starting to feel you on this one. I'm close to throwing in the towel with this game.

Origins and Odyssey's launch weren't without issue, but I had no regrets buying either. I understand Valhalla was just launched, but I've been hesitant to progress my game any further not only because I'm waiting for the PC achievements, but because there are many here on the forum and the subreddit reporting that their saves are becoming corrupted and being told to start the game over when they open support tickets. I'm afraid to trigger anything that would destroy my save file.

The audio sounds terrible for me, apparently it's fine for others, so I guess that one's on me. None of the rewards I was supposed to receive have unlocked. I'm just very frustrated and to be honest, I do regret buying the gold edition with the season pass because I don't know where the game will be at then. I put way too much faith in Ubisoft this time around because I was overall content with the previous two installments.

I really hope they start to address some of the major issues folks are having with clear answers but I've lost most of my excitement for the game as a whole. 😞

• mickaccardo
    8 posts

I should have asked for a refund. Two weeks, no more news, this is ridiculous.

• HANSSON520
    13 posts

@redindianrobin
    Where you see that about the support guy said please ?

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@hansson520 It's not in the forums. It's a live chat with support agent.

• BliNkEr
    36 posts

I've been reading and following this thread since it was started and was of course very confused in the beginning as well about the lack of achievements.
    Been waiting patiently to receive any news soon and, most of all, get the clarity if the achievements are retroactive or not...

It's just unbelievable that we heard nothing for almost a week now! How this is taking so long is beyond me...

Of course I've been playing Valhalla nevertheless, because I really like the game!
    If I have to restart so be it... but I assume many many players who already put tons of hours into the PC-Version would be upset.

This isn't how you communicate Ubi, I am sorry. Especially for such a big company like yours.

I do really hope that this "megapatch" (looking at the Issues-megathread gives me the creeps), is coming by the end of the week!
    Otherwise I just don't know if they actually care about the PC-Community... (especially achievements should be in the game already, how this tiny issue is so hard to solve is just insane)!

Let's hope for the best.

• Lockmort
    95 posts

It's now been 2 weeks since launch. First you say it's a minor bug in Ubisoft Connect that should be fixed very shortly. Then you say achievements are gone forever, and it was intended. Huge Reddit threads go up, and articles get written about it with a lot of backlash. Then you suddenly say that the previous information was wrong, and that achievements are coming! Then, when people ask the very normal, reasonable question: "do achievements work retroactively", so they can at least start playing without having to worry about needing to start over, you disappear and ignore everything and everyone for over a week. How unprofessional is this? Just tell us what's going on. It's not that hard. Even if you don't know how to fix it, which is probably the case, just tell us. That way people can either move on, or start playing. I don't know if it's incompetence, negligence, or just laziness, but I do know that it's ridiculous.

• sty1on
    15 posts

@lockmort Totally agree with all of this. I pre-ordered from the Ubisoft store so I could play the minute it went live. I played for a couple of hours before realising there was a problem and then stumbled onto this thread which I've been checking daily.

Initially I made the decision to stop playing and wait and see what developed. After they announced achievements were gone I resigned myself to this fact and got stuck in and took comfort in the fact that at least I could collect the challenges instead.

When they did a U-turn I was already 20 hours into the game and past the point of no return (for me). I only get a few hours in the evening to play so my time is precious and re-starting is no longer an option for me. Come December 10th I will be playing CyberPunk and had planned to complete Valhalla by this time regardless.

I'm just pinning my hopes on the achievements being retroactive as they are on the Xbox (assuming they have actually been coded into the game already and are not being shoe-horned back in from scratch). If you play an Xbox game offline (similar to Ubi Connect being achievement unaware I assume) then when you go online they all pop at once. This is my ideal scenario. Of course I'm also now resigned to the scenario where I finish the game and get none of the achievements which will suck big time.

I guess this is what happens when you are developer, publisher and platform holder... there's nobody to crack the whip over you but yourself. If this had happened on the Xbox you can bet your life Microsoft would be whipping their [censored] on an hourly basis until it was fixed.

A very disappointing display of total ineptitude on Ubisoft's part whichever way you look at things. I will definitely be wary of buying another Ubisoft game on day one in future. When Far Cry 6 releases I'll be checking the status of achievements before purchase that's for sure. Pre-order bonuses be damned!­­

Suggested Topics