Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kau_adh96
    12 posts

I'm close to 20 hours, and I'm afraid that I'll have to replay the game again for unlocking achievements.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. Following TU 1.2.0.1, the development team has marked this issue as resolved.

If you are still having trouble unlocking achievements on PC following this update, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which achievements are you unable to unlock?
    • Have you tried repeating actions, if able to (such as in "Silent Viking" and "Seahorse")?
    • Have you been able to try completing additional quests? Some players have reported that completing settlement quests, such as Petra's archery challenge, has allowed them to trigger story achievements to unlock.
    • If you're able to provide any images/video that shows you have met the criteria but the achievement hasn't unlocked, this would be helpful. This could be an image that shows your completed quest log and missing achievement, or a video that shows you completing an action and the achievement not unlocking.

We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

@Jackov15 & @Lidi_Melo - Are you still missing achievements in-game after meeting the requirements following TU 1.2.0.1? If so, please can you provide us with the information requested above.

@RedIndianRobin - We don't yet have any new information to share regarding the missing achievement pop-up in-game. We've reached out to the team to see if we can get any new updates to share with you all.

@Arthefran - We don't yet have any new updates to share about making a public API for achievements. I've reached out to the team to see if we can find out any additional information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • GirlWood1
    6 posts

There is no achievement tab on Ubisoft Connect, this is still inactive since launch. How long will it take until will we see a fix for this? Will the game track the achievements without having them pop up and when a fix does come they will just unlock the achievements that we would have gotten through prolonged playtime. Please address this issue, a lot of people don't want to start playing out of fear of having to restart from the beginning.

• xrayspex_73
    140 posts

@kau_adh96

That's IF they even add achievements to the PC...

Which they haven't really confirmed.

• deagle_475
    18 posts

@deagle_475 still nothing about achievements, jesus. Do we really have to wait until next week ?

• Lockmort
    95 posts

@deagle_475 It's starting to look like it, especially since there's a ton of other problems, like the game not showing up in people's library and such. They didn't give an ETA and didn't put it on the list of known issues, so I'm guessing this won't be fixed for the next couple of weeks, but hopefully I'm wrong.

• deagle_475
    18 posts

@lockmort omg 😞

• MrBlond9000
    38 posts

@betheb Totally agree

• MrBlond9000
    38 posts

@lockmort Hope you are a wrong.. I have taking the weekend off to play.. 😞

• xrayspex_73
    140 posts

@mrblond9000

😞

We are all waiting. I am holding off from really diving into the game because of this.

• Lockmort
    95 posts

@mrblond9000 I hope I'm wrong as well

• CODERED2204
    2 posts

@mrblond9000 It appears they're included in Ubisoft Connect overlay, I've just noticed that. So you can check your game progression and something similar to achievements. Hope they will change it, though...

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

Any updates on this? Would be great, if it would be fixed before the weekend.

• I.z.i.
    24 posts

Ubisoft, what the hell? 👎 😠 🖕 🖕

• xrayspex_73
    140 posts

Ubi, I would even be okay with it if they were not retroactive as long as it is fixed soon. I won't mind starting fresh if it is fixed this week but if it takes weeks and I am dozens of hours into the campaign... that would make me a very sad panda.

• xrayspex_73
    140 posts

@ubi-baron

NoOOoOoooo....

😞

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

@xrayspex_73 Yeah it would be great if we could at least know if it will be fixed and in which timeframe. Does it take days or weeks?
    Based on that we can decide to either wait or go forward or start a new game in a few days.

• xrayspex_73
    140 posts

@porcupineskar

They just updated their post above...

There will be NO achievements for AC:V on PC... just challenges (which I don't think are anywhere close to the same thing).

Sad day...

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Hey guys,

Apologies for some of the misinformation I provided earlier in the thread, this was due to a miscommunication.

Achievements are not not available for this title on PC, and this is an intended change.

Instead of Achievements for new games on Ubisoft Connect, instead we have expanded the Challenges, which provide XP and other rewards in Ubisoft Connect.

We know that this is a big change for a lot of you, and we appreciate your understanding in the matter

ERRATUM DATED 14/11/2020
    Previous response above was inaccurate.

We are aware that achievements are not available for Assassin's Creed Valhalla players on PC - this was unintended. We are actively working to enable achievements and will keep you updated when more information is available.

Official Response
  • Porcupineskar
    14 posts

@ubi-baron I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Why would you get rid of achievements? Why can't challenges be the same tasks like the achievements?
    I mean there are even sites out there for achievement guides and achievement hunters, so it was and will be a big part of games like AC, why would you get rid of this feature for a dedicated plattform?
    Doesn't make sense any sense at all.

• xrayspex_73
    140 posts

@porcupineskar

Especially since Watchdogs Legion has BOTH achievements and challenges.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics