Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 26 Likes/903 Replies/34126 Views
    detroitin2019
    99 posts

@cadmann2013
    why do I need to support someone else for something I don’t care about? I’m not against it, but as much as their opinion is for it, mine is indifferent, not even against it. You didn’t show support for my opinion yet rambled on. If it is different people wanting different things in games, how bout supporting a different opinion? I stated mine in a simple manner, not attacking or discrediting anyone else’s. And no, my family is ok. Thanks for asking.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2207 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. Following TU 1.2.0.1, the development team has marked this issue as resolved.

If you are still having trouble unlocking achievements on PC following this update, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which achievements are you unable to unlock?
    • Have you tried repeating actions, if able to (such as in "Silent Viking" and "Seahorse")?
    • Have you been able to try completing additional quests? Some players have reported that completing settlement quests, such as Petra's archery challenge, has allowed them to trigger story achievements to unlock.
    • If you're able to provide any images/video that shows you have met the criteria but the achievement hasn't unlocked, this would be helpful. This could be an image that shows your completed quest log and missing achievement, or a video that shows you completing an action and the achievement not unlocking.

We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

@Jackov15 & @Lidi_Melo - Are you still missing achievements in-game after meeting the requirements following TU 1.2.0.1? If so, please can you provide us with the information requested above.

@RedIndianRobin - We don't yet have any new information to share regarding the missing achievement pop-up in-game. We've reached out to the team to see if we can get any new updates to share with you all.

@Arthefran - We don't yet have any new updates to share about making a public API for achievements. I've reached out to the team to see if we can find out any additional information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ambatozavavy
    1 posts

@ubi-baron definitively bye Ubisoft until it goes achievement go back on your game. And bring them back to steam also.

• diiorio
    40 posts

There are achievements on the dailies and tasks and other things. IT will be listed in your ubisoft option with progress bars. You will also see them pop up during the game.

• flohejack
    1 posts

Sorry, but those are not "achievements" but rather "challenges" (i made a rough translation since i have the launcher in my native language).

Few articles are popping out on web (eg PC Gamer ) but it "only" sums up what have been said on this thread.

It would be great if Ubisoft make a clear statement/communication about this whole affair, for it is not in their favour.

• Lockmort
    95 posts

@flohejack Good! I'm glad to see this post and that Reddit thread got so much attention. Hopefully Ubisoft changes things back to the way they were, although I don't have high hopes for it.

• HANSSON520
    13 posts

@bmrmorph

Yes Ubisoft have to hear us at some point not only here on this forum but on reddit and others chats and discussions. I really hope they will communicate to us properly and bring back achievements its nothing to do for them ands its for the greater good.

• Gihan_Sampath
    1 posts

I thouhgt it ia a server issue but why ubi doing this to pc?

• Lukensen87
    15 posts

I don't know how anyone expected like this will be a good change? Maybe for once take something from console players and see how they react? You're making such stupid decision and expect things to go unnoticed and PC players will accept cuz they're PC players?!

First aggresive Denuvo politics damaging mostly loyal fans who purchase your games anyway, then going with Epic deal and leaving Steam, now removing achiviements on your own platform...Wow just wow...

• Sosoo27
    1 posts

Oh, another bad move from Ubisoft ... What's the purpose of getting rid of a working feature that players like ? It may sound strange to you but achievements nowadays take a great part in completing a game. Actually, it's even great for you since players will spent more time on the game. I really don't understand your move on this point and I won't support you here.

What is even not fair from you is letting people pre ordering a game without letting them know that achievements won't be a part of the final product. How can you ask people to understand your change by acting this way ? What's the next plan ? Getting rid of another PC feature and hoping that players won't notice it ? I really hope that you will roll back this change and bring achievements back otherwise AC Odyssey will mark the end of my AC journey. I can't support a company that can't communicate properly on features they plan to remove for unknown reason. A good communication is key in a good relationship so before taking this kind of decision you could at least ask your players what they think about it.

• Azthian
    5 posts

Good. Ubisoft did not justify this decision. I saw no argument. I only see a lack of consideration for their PC customers, who nevertheless pay for their games like console players.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Please allow me to apologise for the confusion and miscommunication on this topic! I would like to draw your attention to the amendment made to my colleague Baron's post:

ERRATUM DATED 14/11/2020
    Previous response above was inaccurate.
    We are aware that achievements are not available for Assassin's Creed Valhalla players on PC - this was unintended. We are actively working to enable achievements and will keep you updated when more information is available.

I can confirm that achievements will be coming to Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC as such. Please rest assured that all of your feedback on this matter has been carefully taken into consideration. We will update you all as soon as we have more information to share. Thank you.

Official Response
  • halcyonrift
    19 posts

@ubi-woofer Mistakes happen but that doesn't make it alright for players who weren't notified of the change before their purchase, and who may still think this is a bug as it was said "we are actively working to enable achievements", the fact that console players alone are able to enjoy the achievement system but not PC players is saying a lot. By now, many of us have compared an achievement system to the surprise, "challenges" and didn't find it sufficient. If it was part of the game's design, there should have been some sort of disclaimer before PC players purchased this title, and there shouldn't have been misinformation spread that the team was actively working on it.

I would highly appreciate you taking a look at my support ticket.

• Ubi-Woofer

@halcyonrift Just to clarify, the misunderstanding on our part was that achievements had been discontinued - they haven't! The original information was correct, and they are indeed being worked on. Achievements are coming!

If you'd like me to take a look at an open support case you have, please quote the number here so I can take a look into it for you.

Official Response
  • halcyonrift
    19 posts

@ubi-woofer I'm sorry, I misunderstood and this is great news. PC players do appreciate achievements and I'm glad they're coming. There is however, one issue that really needs to be addressed, and it's the low quality sound. This shouldn't be something happening in with AAA titles in 2020. Unless it's a known issue and being worked on, there are many of us who are losing out on the immersive experience we were expecting.

My case number is 13262209.

Cheers!

• Vilemos
    58 posts

@ubi-woofer Great new...one question tho. If the achievments are already "accomplished", will we get them retroactively? I am about 15 hours into the game and don't fancy starting the game again from scratch.

• Ubi-Woofer

@halcyonrift I've just sent you an email with a request for some additional information that the devs asked for - I'm afraid I can't confirm what the outcome of this investigation will be, but if you'd be happy to contribute and provide the needed details, that would be awesome 🙂 The player experience is very important to us, so we'll do what we can in this regard.

@Vilemos I'm afraid I don't have the answer to this question at this time. I'll try to find out and update the thread again, however this may be knowledge that only becomes available closer to the release of the achievements. I'm sorry that I don't have more to share right now!

Official Response
  • Vilemos
    58 posts

@halcyonrift In your case, if you didn't, try verifying game files.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics