Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 26 Likes/923 Replies/36986 Views
    kwasowsky
    5 posts

Hello guys.

I'm following this topic since the beginning but didn't want to join this discussion. I logged in to correct some of the facts that you're saying or just say my opinion.
    First of all I want to say that I am a fan of Assassin's Creed series and played all of them. I'm also a achievement hunter like some of you so this matter is also very important to me and I'm very disappointed like you.
    I pre-ordered collector edition of Valhalla and I was hoping to play after the premiere. When I found out that Valhalla doesn't have achievements I researched this online and found this topic (thanks to Reddit if I remember correctly). I started the app only to run benchmark - never started a game. Meanwhile hopefully waiting for the achievements I played other games to kill my free time. And the reason I'm bringing this up is:

I have never played Far Cry series although I own them for a while (some Steam sale). As some of you know Far Cry 3 and newer games in the series has achievements (on uPlay - not on Steam!).
    Like all of us I'm using Ubisoft Connect right now, and that's a fact:
    Achievements are unlocking without any problems. Achievements pop-ups also work on overlay (pop-up without screenshot - just believe me). Proof -

Challenges for older games are disabled - no exp or coins - but all rewards are unlocked. Proof -

I own 36 games from Ubisoft and all of them (that supported achievements) besides Valhalla have achievements tab.

I'm guessing that this is not Ubisoft Connect issue because if that was true, other games wouldn't have working achievements.
    I'm very dissapointed like all of you and I'm waiting for the fix. Hopefully they will fix this when I finish my journey with the Far Cry.
    Ubisoft made great money on players like me and you. Especially on players that buys collector editions for high price. I don't think they want to loose us as supporters - it's not financial responsible.

Please try to be calm and not fight in this section, we are all on the same side.
    Have a nice day. 🙂

• Vilemos
    58 posts

@costasdr I think those are actually challenges.

• UnbiasedVirus1
    4 posts

@kwasowsky Yes, and I also noticed that achievements popup works well for what they called now 'legacy games', for example I saw it works for AC Origins. But in AC Odyssey - there is no popup, though the achievements tab for Odyssey is still there. Looks like the issue with 'no popup' is connected somehow to the new overlay mode.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@unbiasedvirus1 Yes that's because the new overlay doesn't support pop up of achievements yet. I say we go to ubisoft connect forums and make individual posts about it bringing it into attention.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@costasdr Those are challenges not achievements lol.

• Costasdr
    3 posts

@redindianrobin You are right. I was mislead by my joy when I saw them 😛

• Sodalyte8
    9 posts

@kwasowsky
    Ubisoft created a new launcher expirience, and kinda rebranded its name to Ubisoft Connect. 
    In the process of upgrading to the new system, they are implamenting a new overlay with new games with hope to bring it to all of their old games. 
    So if you see a game with the old Uplay overlay, it means it's not yet supported with that new Connect overlay wich now doesn't support achievements. 
    The pop-ups are belong to the old Uplay system. Ubi did release some kind of a list with games that are expected to receive the new overlay soon. 

So to my understanding, the new overlay is a downgrade - missing achievement support. 
    AC Valhalla didn't even get the achievements tab on the client itself, wich makes me think the problem is part of the new launcher and not the game. (and cross-platform achievements confirmed here so...)

I'm wishing you a great time with the Far Cry franchise, I loved the games. 
    Enjoy its old overlay as long as you can.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@sodalyte8 Yup. Thing is we need update from Valhalla itself to enable achievements to show up in client AND we need connect team to display pop up of achievements with the new overlay. AC devs will add the achievements to the client eventually and call it a day but connect team is completely unaware of the issue that achievements doesn't pop up in the new overlay so we may not properly get full fledged achievements system unless it is escalated to the top level of connect team management.

Also BTW the next title update is slated to release by mid of December as per Montreal devs.

• kwasowsky
    5 posts

@sodalyte8
    I get it and I will. I hope I will finish FC with the old overlay. And you're right - it looks exactly the same as uPlay before.

• Lockmort
    95 posts

It's almost the weekend, so there goes another week without a fix, a word, or even an ETA. It'll be at least 4 weeks, and almost a month since launch, before we possibly hear anything. Truly incredible. Cyberpunk launches in 5 days, so I'm officially done with Valhalla (even though I'm only at 20% completion), this whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth. I can't stress enough that I've never seen this much incompetence and willful negligence from such a huge studio. There are AA-developers consisting of 2-person teams that are more capable than this mess. What still annoys me the most is the complete misinformation, or lack thereof, that the official Ubisoft mods have. Both here and in the Fenyx Rising forum, normal players had to find solutions, workarounds, fixes and actual answers that mods should've easily come up with, as it's literally their job. I don't know if they're getting paid for it, but if they are, shame on them. Almost a full month. "A minor Ubisoft Connect problem". Embarrassing.

• Miedzianek6969
    26 posts

@costasdr what is this site?

@lockmort never preorder and never buy seconds after release. Wait for opinions, metacritics, eventual patches and then consider. Thats why im waiting for CP to launch and at least 1 day for reviews

• Miedzianek6969
    26 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xrayspex_73
    144 posts

@costasdr

Those are the challenges. Not the achievements.

• Si_W
    29 posts

We're not getting achievements on PC, are we?

It's been nearly a month now so pretty sure it would've been resolved by now if they had any intention of doing this.

And what's with the scroll bar in this forum, it's awful and keeps resetting my position in a thread.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@si_w Support guy says next patch is coming mid of December, however achievements are unlikely to come with it. May change last moment though.

• Vilemos
    58 posts

Well...as was said before, achievments in game are implemented fine, but supreme amazing Ubi Connect is the problem...so there is no point in thinking any patch for Valhalla would solve the problem.
    Change in achievments display must solely come from patch to Ubi Connect, correcting whatever they screwed up in there.

As Lockmort said before, there were, for a while, no achievments in Immortal fenyx either, and that was not corrected by patching the game.

• BliNkEr
    36 posts

Yeah, it is a Ubiconnect problem only... doubt the patch coming mid-december will fix this.
    I don't know what the team behind this launcher is doing or what they are thinking about Valhalla's PC-Community?!

It's really sad and someone should really intervene. But what am I saying, this should have been fixed day 1 or a few days after release.
    It's just incredible!

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@blinker The ubisoft connect team are one of the worst and lazy devs out there. It took them almost a month to fix the FPS counter issue after the transition. Now calculate how long would it take for them to fix achievements and pop up of the same.

• Vilemos
    58 posts

@redindianrobin At this point, ubi connect makes even origin look better.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics