Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kormac67
    659 posts

@cavveman The "exclusive quest" was for preorder, not for ultimate.
    But yeah, ultimate is kind of useless, I agree.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. Following TU 1.2.0.1, the development team has marked this issue as resolved.

If you are still having trouble unlocking achievements on PC following this update, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which achievements are you unable to unlock?
    • Have you tried repeating actions, if able to (such as in "Silent Viking" and "Seahorse")?
    • Have you been able to try completing additional quests? Some players have reported that completing settlement quests, such as Petra's archery challenge, has allowed them to trigger story achievements to unlock.
    • If you're able to provide any images/video that shows you have met the criteria but the achievement hasn't unlocked, this would be helpful. This could be an image that shows your completed quest log and missing achievement, or a video that shows you completing an action and the achievement not unlocking.

We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

@Jackov15 & @Lidi_Melo - Are you still missing achievements in-game after meeting the requirements following TU 1.2.0.1? If so, please can you provide us with the information requested above.

@RedIndianRobin - We don't yet have any new information to share regarding the missing achievement pop-up in-game. We've reached out to the team to see if we can get any new updates to share with you all.

@Arthefran - We don't yet have any new updates to share about making a public API for achievements. I've reached out to the team to see if we can find out any additional information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • kwasowsky
    5 posts

@kormac67 Really? Because I bought pre-order of collector edition. In Ubisoft Connect I have to buy this quest for Ubi Points..
    So first of all they didn't give us achievements for Valhalla and then - supposed to be free for me quest I have to buy for points.

2 months after premiere - still didn't touched the game because lack of achievements. For me it's important that's why I'm still waiting. That was last pre-order.
    I wanted to play Far Cry 6 but now I know that I'm not gonna buy it before I know I'm not gonna be screwed by Ubi again.

• Kormac67
    659 posts

@kwasowsky
    Really. It was preorder bonus.
    Allowing you to buy the berserker quest for points is just another bug. You already have it. Which you would see if you actually played the game.
    Points are not "free" by the way. A 20% discount on a new game buy for 100 points is a real money value, I don't understand why people throw away their points for useless cosmetics.

If you preordered and didn't touch it because a minor feature is missing - your choice, your loss. Real money loss even since you could have got in on discount meanwhile.

• kwasowsky
    5 posts

@kormac67

Of course I used my points for 20% off. Is it my fault that was a waste of money? Maybe for you missing achievements are minor loss but not for me. Of course I could play and finish Valhalla and then wait for achievements to unlock them but why? It's not a short game I want to play again short time after finish it. I'm waiting for a full product I was hoping to recieve when I bought it. I had an option to refund it but I didn't want to. First of all it's a collector edition. If it was only digital I would refund it and wait for sale and finished product. Now I can only hope that they give a s*** a bout us and fix this soon. If I haven't got some faith in Ubisoft I would refund it and never be on this forum again. As you see - I'm still here. Waiting.

• Miedzianek6969
    26 posts

good that i have it for free from MSI promotion xD i didnt pay single cent for standard edition

• robthebob11
    8 posts

Has there been any indication that achievements will be awarded retroactively once they're added? Or will we need to start a new game in order to earn them?

• Miedzianek6969
    26 posts

@robthebob11

could go either way. no info from devs naturally...

• sty1on
    15 posts

I've been checking this site almost every day now since the game launched and in all honesty after almost 2 months I have finally accepted that this is just not happening. An appalling state of affairs, not least of which is the staggering lack of information provided. Coming on here stating 'no updates' just doesn't cut it. Has the mod even spoken to the devs to get an update or are they just reporting that they've heard nothing back from when they first raised the issue in November. Even something along the lines of 'we are working on it but it's a much bigger issue than we thought - it's going to take some time' would have been acceptable. To constantly repeat the same crap every time without any new info just beggars belief and reeks of insincerity. That U-turn was seemingly just empty words intended to get the gaming sites to update their negative articles and save face.

I work in IT support and if I'd been handling this ticket for 2 months without constant progress updates I'd be looking for another job. The worst thing you can do in these situations is leave the end user in the dark as they think you're ignoring the problem. People are usually very understanding if you explain what is going on and they appreciate being kept informed. We have been left well and truly in the dark at best and at worst lied to. I understand now - Ubisoft have my money and now they don't give a [censored]. They are far more interested in getting paid DLC out and working on other projects that generate more money rather than fixing their mistakes for something they've already been paid for.

Such a shame as Valhalla is a great game otherwise - I completed it to 92% once I heard achievements would come and hoped they would be retroactive. But I've not touched the game since CyberPunk came out... I finished the CyberPunk campaign before Christmas but I still keep going back to it every single day Ubisoft. You know why? Because of achievements.

• ariha2804
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ariha2804
    3 posts

Does anybody got in game statistics count? I played about 20 hours and still got no information about it in ubisoft connect. Also i can't get count of other progress and no achievements counted. Please help.undefinedundefined

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

I have unlocked all fast travel location in England, yet the achievement for that doesnt unlock.
    I am halfway done with the winchester story arc, but the achievement for visiting this town isnt unlocking either...

is this a known bug or?

• Barthez86
    11 posts

@sty1on
    I fully agree with U. Personally I stopped to play Valhalla right after I realize that it doesnt have achievements. I have 1% game completed and it seems it will be all I do there. I own all AC games on pc and finished all of them. Valhalla will be first I wont play/finish and last of AC game I bought. Im done with w8ting cause as U say there is no point... achievements wont be fixed... Ubi was just talking [censored] about fixing achievements so it would look good in popular game sites articles. Now when all noise about it is over and ppl losing last parts of hope Ubi will just move on like nothing ever happend. GJ Ubi u made it! Im done with it... U successfully kill love to AC in me...

• BrunoEzio90
    2 posts

I saw they confirmed on this post that the achievements would be available for PC, but so far, nothing happened, we still have no achievements so far. As the bugs and glitches were not enough, they don't even keep what they say they're going to do. No, the achievements aren't an essential part of any game, but they bring a bit more fun, making the players tring to get them all and have a certain aesthetic to the player's profile.

• robthebob11
    8 posts

Ubi-Woofer's post seems to indicate that fixing achievements would require a coordinated effort between the AC: Valhalla team and the Ubisoft Connect team, and since both teams are tied up with either post-launch content (Valhalla) and/or bug-fixing a brand new platform (Connect. After all it's been months and they still haven't fixed the missing notifications for challenges and achievements in other games), it may genuinely be a while before they can get on the same page and collaborate to add this missing feature. Or it'll be added in the very next update! Fingers crossed.

Personally, I've begun to form the theory that the initial staff update that achievements were not planned was actually correct in a way, that the AC: Valhalla team actually was initially informed by Ubi management that achievements would be discontinued on PC, and therefore they never planned to implement them to begin with and are now left scrambling to do so. I could see Ubi briefly entertaining the thought to abandon achievements with the launch of Connect all together and drive players towards challenges, since timed challenges can be used to drive ongoing engagement (and therefore ongoing revenue). That position at some point got reversed but never discussed with the Valhalla team for whatever reason, and the Valhalla team was left hanging with a missing feature they thought they would never need. Now it's just one more thing to add to the pile of future updates and they'll get to achievements when they can.

That's just me putting on the tinfoil hat, though. Just seems like something a little more complicated must have happened behind the scenes than a simple implementation bug.

• BliNkEr
    36 posts

Don't care anymore at this point.
    Lots of people will have finished Valhalla, feel bad for those who wait to play for achievements to this day... think you will be waiting again.
    Somewhere I saw a list for the upcoming update and the bugs which will apparently be addressed. Guess what? Nothing about achievements, again.

I do agree @robthebob11 that there is some serious miscommunication between Valhalla and Ubiconnect team.
    I will play Valhalla again when the first DLC is out (got the Ultimate anyway) and maybe, just maybe, achievements will be there. Do I count on it? nah...

• piperprinx
    1 posts

First Assassin's creed I didn't buy. No Steam, no cheevos, lot of bugs.Maybe I'll come back when it will have achievements, at least. Ubi is now in my personal bad list. So sorry.

• Matty_svk
    3 posts

"I work in IT support and if I'd been handling this ticket for 2 months without constant progress updates I'd be looking for another job"

This is correct, i don´t get it too. It may not be true, but from an outside point of view it sure seems the Ubisoft didn´t care for PC players at all. It´s like they are completely unimportant. I am really sad about this, because i like Ubisoft games overall - but this is wrong on so many levels.

• BrunoEzio90
    2 posts

I'm completely disappointed with Ubisoft. I'm a big fan of the AC franchise, I own pretty much the entire collection, except for Rogue and AC1, AC Valhalla was expensive such like any AAA game, but Ubisoft's complete disregard for PC players is totally disrespectful. I was considering to purchase Far Cry 6, which is another franchise I'm a big fan of, but the way things are going, I've changed my mind and I won't buy any more games from Ubisoft. There are stiil lots of bugs and as this weren't enough, not a single simple thing as achievements are available and they don't even keep us updated, it's kinda like "wait if you want, if don't, we don't give a damn". 

Even ubisoft support is poor, the regular one is unavailable because of the coronavirus and the chat is messy, making the support pretty much innexistent.

Apologies for my lousy english, I'm a bit rusty , I'm not practising often these last years...

• cavveman
    84 posts

@sty1on

One thing is certain though. Ubisoft definitely need more staff in their customer support group.
    I had a ticket opened. It took one month for them to answer. And naturally I had moved on from my issue.

• WilderDK
    14 posts

This is so darn poor UBISOFT u dont care a [censored] for us pcplayers, shame on you....and even lie.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics