ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sodalyte8
    9 posts

I think its all about the new "Ubisoft Connect" thing, its just a matter of pushing a button to show/activate achivements on the PC new launcher.
    My guess is they just want their challanges to get all the focus instead, maybe kinda promoting their "new" challanges system..?
    I really wish the Uconnect team will realize their mistake as soon as possible and will bring the 'achivements' tab back, simply like the new 'Statistics' tab that was missing at launch in the game's page.
    Btw, I kinda liked the badges you could earn for some of the challanges in AC games, sad to see that feature is also gone now...

• MJnR_
    1 posts

Congratulations to everyone who kept supporting Ubi even after they left Steam - a move that clearly show their intentions of maximize profits within the PC market without giving a single care about PC players.

Now they found another way to show their "appreciation" for PC gaming by taking one of the most basic platform features since early last decade. This is, of course, after pushing bad ports for years.

Real talk, now - what's the difference of getting a game without achievements outside Steam and downloading a pirate copy? Maybe the latter will be slightly smaller, huh.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@swanronson33 My connect doesn't even look like this. There is no hours played either. It just looks like a 3rd class [censored] launcher.

• INMATEofARKHAM
    1 posts

@wilderdk Yup, just look at them going from Steam to Epic.

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

@inmateofarkham But even Epic has achievements now, so that can't be their reasoning.

• Sh8doWRunn3r
    8 posts
    This amount 31 of challenges is not enough for anything, it is such a disposable system, but the achievements increased the life of the game. And anyway, achievements are a big part of all games because they are a real challenge, and addictive.

• MrBlond9000
    38 posts

@redindianrobin Mine is howing the Statics

• Francisc546
    1 posts

@ubi-baron This doesn't make sense why would you have your ubisoft connect webpage with AC Valhalla including a achievements tab and then remove it on the launch of the game?

• Cadmann2013
    9 posts

@detroitin2019 People liking different things having different opinions...crazy innit ? How about supporting other people even if you don't care about it, or did the achievements being there hurt you ? did they kill your pets and torture your family ?
    Why do so many people always come along saying "Well I never cared about that so it's fine they take it away", why not "Well, despite not caring personally about this, many people seem to care so just bring it back" ? Would that be so hard ?

This would be fine if Ubisoft just said "No more achievements, period !" but just PC users while they still do it for consoles ? what is the point, they still need some guy thinking up the achievements and putting them in game, it is just a small API in Ubisoft connect that triggers them after that and that API clearly is in place since Watchdogs HAS achievements in Connect !
    THEY ARE NOT EVEN SAVING MONEY !

• Lockmort
    95 posts

@cadmann2013 The worst part is that all these achievements/trophies have already been made (for consoles). It makes no sense whatsoever to just scrap them for PC. Consoles also have the challenges. It's such a weird, dumbfounded move.

• HANSSON520
    14 posts

@lockmort
    You say it and SwanRonson33 have totally put the finger on something that prove ubisoft lying about this. So at least there is no true reason that justify we can't have achievements on ubisoft connect on pc or you just don't want to fix it anyway can ubisoft communicate with us seriously about this please. Im still hoping for achievement back maybe im wrong but i really hope for it.

• sendjes
    24 posts

@swanronson33
    I don't know where you got that image from, but it doesn'tt look like mine, this is mine:
    undefined

*EDIT* I misread, however, this doesn't change the fact, that our clients does not look like on the website, and I'm fine with that, sure it sucks without achivements, but that doesn't [censored] me off, I still enjoy the game.

• Vilemos
    64 posts

@sendjes That was some promo, probably from early access.

Edit: Well the point is that they just decided to cut out the content for PC players, literally.

• RohithkumarSp
    1 posts

This has got to be the dumbest decisions ever, first you remove the game from Steam, no reviews, no refunds, now this?

• sendjes
    24 posts

@vilemos
    I get it, but I still can't be arsed to act like that.

• Hypnotica128
    1 posts

Wow, I'm really dissapointed by this, it's not the most important feature in the world no, but it's still something I look forward to in the games I play, and the fact that achievements exist on console, yet PC Players get stuck with a much less interesting, and shorter "challenge" list is extremely dissapointing, and this definitely will make me check future Ubisoft releases for achievements before I purchase them.

• Vilemos
    64 posts

@hypnotica128 Mainly they deliberately decided not to incldue them for PC anymore, although they have them ready (as you can see from the screenshot, it's not that they didn't do it)....terrible doing.

• Strogggs
    1 posts

@ubi-baron Understanding? I didnt get english language in Valhalla, now you say I won't have achievements? Why would I pay you when I can get all that stuff for free and on English? What a....

• Porcupineskar
    14 posts

I don't think we will see any change on this. Ubisoft doesn't even recognize the problem. Its truly ridiculous.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@sendjes This entire Ubisoft connect transition is the reason for this debacle. It's basically a downgrade for Uplay.

Suggested Topics