Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • cavveman
    Original poster 63 posts

The new forum are quite bulky and very confusing to read and use.
    Functions that are not really useful showing up also.

undefined

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• cavveman
    Original poster 63 posts

@UbiChem

Is there any mod team for this open beta forum?
    Too many posts in this subsection are posted wrong.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

I agree. This forum style is just bad.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

Honestly, I'm completely confused here.... & people are posting everything in what I believe are the wrong areas ?.
    It looks nice but it's very confusing - I'm still trying to figure this out the past 20 minutes.
    It would be great if the old forum was opened back up for use esp. so close to release day πŸ˜ƒ

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

Ok just adding that I'm still messing around the site and it's making more sense to me - it was very confusing at first (at least for me... and I admit I have a hard time picking up new things till I get used to them).

• N_O_M_A_D_S_K_Y
    5 posts

Yes... I mean I hate to drag these guys for their hard work but basically everything I try to click on with Mobile I have to Login again to do anything.

I think Mobile has the worst of it too, it seems the Mobile setup is just simply uncoordinated and not user friendly.

I click on replies on a post I made about Valhalla
    by the time I will have sent this reply I have probably logged in 5 times.

I mean I can’t even find the send button! It just took me 5 minutes to figure out how to hit send! Like why is it up there!

• DaelosTheCat
    162 posts

I don't like this at all. It lacks structure. Can we go back to forums please?

• cavveman
    Original poster 63 posts

Tried using Firefox mobile and while it looks good it's still somewhat glitchy. The bottom "forum toolbar" is not as a fixed position. Could be better if was either fixed to the bottom of the forum when browsing or top. Not floating.

• cavveman
    Original poster 63 posts

We should be allowed to edit our last post for more then 5 minutes. This way it feels like I'm bumping my own created thread.
    Either way. We shouldn't be need to see deleted topics or hidden ones.
    The new forum are larger than the old one. So deleted threads should not clutter the view for looking for actual topics.

Also, since when is .png format not allowed to upload?
    Got an message that it was wrong file format.

undefined

• cavveman
    Original poster 63 posts

@Ubi-Alien

I recommend that new topics in this subforum has to be approved by the mod team. Otherwise there will be to many topics that are not feedback for the actual forum.
    If a topic is not approved it get deleted immediately.
    Cause I think people see this message and think that this is the player support subforum.
    undefined

I recommend that message is removed or change what is written there. So it is more clear what this subforum is used for.

1 good thing have been implemented. Now it is 10 minute window to edit a post instead of the earlier limit of 5 minutes πŸ™‚

Edit 1: Found this huge empty space between two comments in a topic. Is it a deleted comment? It takes up a lot of space.
    I first thought it was a new topic opening up.

undefined

• Cell1e
    153 posts

Ok I dont mind the layout and stuff of the new forums but I use forefox and Im getting dreadful blackscreen flickering on the site itself whenver I scroll up and down to read posts. This happens randomly but often. Im not noticing it on Internet Explorer but as my preferred and usual browser is Firefox I'm wondering if its possible for your team to optimize this for Firefox. πŸ™‚

• cavveman
    Original poster 63 posts

@cell1e

Is it mobile or desktop you experience the flickering?
    Cause I only experience that in FF mobile for Android.

• Cell1e
    153 posts

@cavveman

Its my desktop pc. If I refresh the page the black disappears for a while and then I can read posts, but if I scroll down or up a little I can get the black page again, its really painful, the more information and longer the thread the worse it is.

• cavveman
    Original poster 63 posts

@cell1e

You could try to disable infinite scroll in forumsettings. You find it here https://discussions.ubisoft.com/user/> insert your username here</settings
    The setting in question is pagination.

• EggKnobble
    36 posts

What is it with Ubisoft and the "remember me" button to login places : (
    uPlay had a corrupt file, and now this forum needs me to login every time I close the browser.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm using Firefox?

Forum looks a bit better, with the setting of disabling the infinity scroll.
    But there is still so much unused space 😞

• igrvks
    5 posts

This forum overhaul is the very definition of "trying to fix something that isn't broken".

The fact that you cannot edit your posts after 10 minutes is probably the most ridiculous one, the confusing layout, nested replies and the chaotic UI are just plain bad design.

• Cell1e
    153 posts

@cavveman

Hi Caveeman!

I did as you suggested and haven't had any issues since! Thanks so much! That's made all the difference to me! 😊 😊😊😊

• Flanker1Six
    39 posts

@eggknobble Wow---what a hotπŸ–• up mess this forum is. If I'm lucky; I can actually log in maybe once in every 3 or 4 attempts. It's riddled with broken links (e.g. click on the "reply" link to a post and I get taken to the top of the Announcement Forum Page, or maybe a page of "Best Posts by Fill In the Blank Poster" instead of the reply box! It took me 4 attempts to get a reply box to your post) to get to this reply box.

Given all the log in troubles, and broken links; I haven't bother3ed to try and post anything substantive related to ACV.

And, why delete our previous post counts from the other Ubi Game Forums? Too much trouble to transfer it over?

Even though it's only a BETA; the state of this forum is a complete professional embarrassment, Ubi!

• jztemple7
    1 posts

Please let's go back to the old forum, it worked *so* much better.

• DaelosTheCat
    162 posts

I like how notifications work though.

Community details

Users
Topics