Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ArcanusNocturn
    Original poster 3 posts

I am having graphics issues while playing the game, and running the benchmark. All grass and much of the other various green groundcover has black vertical lines running through it. I have updated to the latest Nvidia driver, and messed with all the in game settings and the issue still remains. This is on the pc version if that was not obvious.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@ArcanusNocturn

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear you've been encountering this.

The first thing we'd advise is verifying the game files, to check for missing or corrupt files and replace them. You can do this by clicking on the menu under the game icon in Uplay.

Could you also provide us with a screenshot of the issue?

Official Response
  • ArcanusNocturn
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-baron Here is a screenshot of the issue. It seems to only be happening when playing the game in ultra widescreen mode across multiple monitors. If I play one one screen in 1080 resolution it goes away.

• ArcanusNocturn
    Original poster 3 posts

The original photo was too large and I had to crop it down.undefined

• Ubi-Baron

@arcanusnocturn Apologies for our delayed response, thanks for providing that.

We'll pass that on to the team.

Official Response
  • esteady
    3 posts

I have the exact same issue.
    Clearly, it is related to nvidia surround triple monitor setup.

I realize we are a niche audience, but this game is outstanding in triple monitor.

The black lines glitch occurs whether windowed, borderless, or fullscreen.
    It occurs with bezel corrected and not bezel corrected resolutions.

Interestingly, I can change the pattern of the black lines by changing the "resolution percentage."

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that in triple monitor, the game does not display all the way to the end of the monitors. There is a small pillarbox on both left and right monitors.
    The pillarbox occurs whether windowed, borderless, or fullscreen.
    The pillarbox occurs with bezel corrected and not bezel corrected resolutions.

Uplay launcher version
    i9-9900ks
    RTX 3090, latest drivers
    32gb ram

• Ubi-Baron

@esteady Thank you for the added report.

Would you be able to provide a video of that occurring, showing for instance a video of the issues changing when you adjust the settings?

Official Response
  • sonnaee
    1 posts

Hello,

I've been experiencing a graphical bug with displaying grass and transparent foliage. As you can see in below images, some parts of the screen are covered with vertical lines.

I am playing on ultra settings with resolution 5760x1080 on Nvidia 1080Ti. The issue is visible on different graphics quality settings as well.

Please, suggest a solution

• lorf79
    2 posts

I'm having the same issue as you guys and I have tried a lot of different things to fix it. I am playing on 3 Dell U2412Mb 1920x1200 displays with nvidia surround. I have noticed that the problem only occurs when I have a high enough resolution. I can play the game in windowed mode with a resolution of 4400x1200 (100% resolution scale, antialiasing set to high), then I have almost no black lines appearing. Any resolution higher than that gives me the black lines in the grass. In a desperate attempt to fix the issue I even bought a completely new computer (yes, I am an AC addict), since I thought it was a problem with my old hardware, but to no avail. Fresh install on the new computer and the problem persists (DOH!). I kept my old screens and peripherals, but nothing in the new computer case is from my old computer. I have fiddled with all settings in nvidia control panel and all settings in the game. Changing resolution, resolution scale and antialiasing has an effect on the lines density, changing the Clutter setting in the game changes how much lines there are visible since they mainly appear on the "Clutter". Sadly I don't have access to other monitors to test with, otherwise I would have tested to change monitors to see if the problem persisted.

• CaptainCalm
    2 posts

I have the same problem, I have a single super ultrawide monitor (Odyssey G9) running it with an RTX 2080 with a resolution of 5120x1440. This problem does not occur in any other game that I have played (including AC Odyssey).

• CaptainCalm
    2 posts

undefined

Things to note about this attached image... Firstly, I was running in HDR which is why the screenshot looks blown-out. Secondly, I took this screenshot while going through a bush (one way to recreate the issue consistently). Thirdly, my apologies, but I had to scale down the image from 5140x1440 to 1280x360 in order to attach it to this thread (it wouldn't allow me to attach a bigger image). Anyway, as you can see, the lines on the image aren't always black lines, they are sometimes lighter. The lines on the left seem to be related to the colour of the sunlight. But the lines on the right are dark.

• xfgexo
    1 posts

Date Feb 27th 2021
    Having the same issue. Black and semi transparent vertical lines on grass, weeds.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2
    OS Build 19042.844

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070
    NVIDIA Drivers = 461.40

Triple Monitors = (3x) 2560x1440 Samsung C32JG5x
    HDCP Status Active = (3x) Display Port
    Surround Mode Resolution = 7680x1440
    Surround Mode Resolution with Bezel Correction 7770x1440
    Monitors Refresh Rate = (3x) 144Hz
    Bit Depth = 8bit
    Color Space = Standard Dynamic Range

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for taking the time to update this thread with your experience with this graphical issue, as well as sharing your own set ups. I've passed these reports to the development team to be used for further investigation. If you have been affected by this, please can you provide the following information:

• Details about your system set-up (such as CPU/GPU and the monitors you use, as well as graphical configurations. The more you can tell us, the more helpful this will be for the development team)
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have tried to try and resolve this issue yourself
    • An image or a video that shows the graphical issue you're encountering

We can then pass this information on to the development team for a closer look.

@lorf79 - Thank you for sharing what tests you carried out, as well as what was able to resolve the issue for you (even if this is not the ideal solution). This is useful information for the development team, so I've passed this along.

@CaptainCalm - Thanks for including an image to show what you're seeing in-game, and for letting us know what your set-up is. I've passed these along to the development team for a closer look.

@xfgexo - Thanks for letting us know what your build is. If possible, would you also be able to send an image or a video that shows the black bars appearing as you play? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • TheHylianLegend
    1 posts

I'm having the exact same issues that @captaincalm is having - except I'm running a 3090. Same res, same monitor.

• lorf79
    2 posts

Hi @Ubi-Borealis
    I am glad to help you in any way I can (I am a software developer myself, although of slightly more boring software 🙂 ).
    I have tested some more in windowed mode and it seems the problem always appears when the width of the game is more than 4000 pixels. The height doesn't seem to matter at all.
    Hope this helps in finding the solution.

My specs:
    First computer:
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19042.804
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751)
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
    RAM: 32GB DDR3 1600MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SuperClocked ACX 2.0+
    NVIDIA Drivers: 460.89
    Monitors: (3x) 1920x1200 Dell U2412m
    Surround Mode Resolution: 5760x1200
    Surround Mode Resolution with Bezel Correction: 6010x1200
    Monitors Refresh Rate = (3x) 60Hz

Second computer:
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) Build 19042.804 (20H2)
    Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE
    CPU: Intel Core i9-7900X
    RAM: 64GB DDR4 2066MHz
    GPU: ASUS DUAL RTX 2080 Ti OC
    NVIDIA Drivers: 461.72
    Monitors: (3x) 1920x1200 Dell U2412m
    Surround Mode Resolution: 5760x1200
    Surround Mode Resolution with Bezel Correction: 6010x1200
    Monitors Refresh Rate = (3x) 60Hz

I have found a suboptimal workaround by using Simple Runtime Window Editor. With this software I can set the window to 4000x1200 and remove the window borders. By hiding the taskbar and using Focus Assist I can fake full screen feeling without too much annoyance, except that I cannot use all my monitor real estate that I have come to love over the years.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@TheHylianLegend - Thanks for sharing your own specifications. Would you be able to let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve this issue yourself? Additionally, if you can provide an image or a video of the graphical issue you're encountering, this will be helpful for the investigation.

@lorf79 - Thanks for providing me with more information of your PC setup, as well as what you have found from your own investigations. I've pass on the information about this issue occuring when the width of the game is more than 4000 pixels, as this could be helpful to the development team!

Thanks for providing more information on the workaround you have found in the meantime as well. Even though this may not be optimal, it may help other players encountering this issue to achieve the full-screen feeling without encountering the black lines in-game.

If you have any images or videos showing the black lines you're encountering, please can you share them in this thread? We can then pass these along to the development team as part of the investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • esteady
    3 posts

Sorry, could not figure out how to upload the screenshots directly to this forum.

Here are screens of the same location at 5880x1080 100%, 90% and 7840x1440

https://imgur.com/a/tkB7fv6

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sending us those images, @esteady! I've added these to the report you submitted earlier so the development team can take a closer look at those 😊

Official Response
  • esteady
    3 posts

Unfortunately, not fixed in the latest patch😞

• ravndal15
    12 posts

Hello guys .
    Long time player 🙂 . Played many of these titles on my PC's over the years and love it always going for and completing 100% completion.
    Have an issue with this game at the moment . Just purchased a new pc with a 10900k and rtx 3080 in a brand new build . 32 gb memory 3600mhz 🙂 gaming at 3440x1440 130% resolution getting between 85 to 110 fps 🙂 ... Have my setting cranked up but have noticed some strange looking black line ghosting textures while running across the land on my horse . Will upload a 1 minute video to illustrate the issue . watch it through you will see the evidence and I am just wondering if you have any idea why this might be happening? Am guessing it might be a setting perhaps ?
    Thank you in advance .

You will need to watch in full screen with highest format available I believe to see what I am talking about 🙂

Suggested Topics