Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ruijin_2019
    Original poster 1 posts

Screen flickers every half a second, becoming completely black or white before changing back to normal, during which fps drops to 0.

I have updated my graphics driver and motherboard drivers to the newest, also with the newest version of DirectX.

Below is my benchmark information.

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Jezzryn
    7 posts

My Problem looks exactly like this, if you find a fix, please share. It's very frustrating.

• DragginUp
    3 posts

I'm having same problem. Contacted support and they had no fix either.

• KingFinkk
    1 posts

Sadly, I'm also experiencing this issue. I've tried (what feels like) everything to fix this, but haven't been successful.

• Jezzryn
    7 posts

I really hope they look into this and fix it. I tried everything you normally do, to bugfix, reinstalling drivers, tweaking settings, etc. and nothing makes it even remotely better. I probably spend too much time in game for a refund, beside I really, honestly want to play this. *sigh*

• vahndaar
    64 posts

I had horrible flickering and tracked it down eventually to NVIDIA control panel settings causing conflicts, notably sharpening. Haven't had the same issues for a day or so now.

• DragginUp
    3 posts

@vahndaar What all did you change in NVIDIA panel? I have sharpening off and still getting flickering. (Still no word from ubi support either)

• atBrenthor
    9 posts

The fix for this is to DISABLE sharpening in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I actually had to disable it globally AND uncheck 'GPU Scaling'. Also if you have set texture filtering to PERMORMANCE put it back to QUALITY. This game simply does not play well with the nvidia control panel so basically anything other than vsync causes issues.

Further to that, remove any frame cap set in the control panel as well. To get a smoother frame-pacing experience I recommend using frame cap in RivaTuner Statistics Server and enabling Vsync in Nvidia control panel.

• Jezzryn
    7 posts

Nvidia Panel didn't fix anything for me. I reinstalled my driver also like 7 times, tweaked every setting, turned all that can be turned in the panel off, nothing works. I even uninstalled the annoying thing.

I made clean starts, no backroung programms, uninstalled my virussoftware, nothing makes this better so far. At least not for me.

• atBrenthor
    9 posts

@jezzryn That sucks!

Maybe a dumb suggestion but have you ruled out the display port/hdmi cable by trying it with a different one, or in a different slot on the GPU and Display?

Other than that, and it's an extreme longshot, but check the BIOS and make sure the PCIe slot config is set to auto and isn't configured to something specific that may be causing issues. Does it happen at all with any other games?

The only other thing I can think of is failing power supply or possibly SSD.

It's a weird one for sure.

• Jezzryn
    7 posts

Sry, postet double.

• Jezzryn
    7 posts

I don't have that problem with any other game I own. It's not the storing, I tried it on 2 different ones. I guess I can try a different display port cable... the display only has one port fot dp and hdmi, but I also just bought that. And like I said, no other game with that problem.

I will check bios, but at this point I have not much hope...

• atBrenthor
    9 posts

@jezzryn Good luck! Honestly, let me know.

Also try a different port in your GPU too sometimes they can get a bit screwy after a while.

• DragginUp
    3 posts

@ruijin_2019 @Jezzryn So I'm not sure if there was a game update or if this is what did it, but my motherboard driver was not up to date. I completely spaced it.. Although during benchmark I do still get fps spikes, but the game is now actually playable. Hopefully that was all I needed. I will update later if the flickers come back!

• Jezzryn
    7 posts

So, my final update.

After I checked every port and tweaked and twisted, nothing seemed to help.
    Then my Pc wouldn't start, so I got my Computerguy to come over check the power supply, which had very mixed results. It may have a defect or the machine that checked had a glitch. So, okay. I ordered a new power supply and just didn't completely power down my PC.
    Then Windows didn't start anymore and I guess in my Quest to get the game to work, I wrecked something, so I got my Windows CD and reset the system to a previous point (at which the game did not work) and well... My PC does start again everytime again and even though it runs on settings it previously rejected the game... works... (even before update 1.0.4) I have no clue why. Or how, when it didn't before. I decided not to try and figure it out further as I am pretty sure, that way lies a one way ticket to complete and utter madness.

I will still change out the Powersupply, since I can't remember how old it is. But for now everything works and I hope it stays that way. I dread a little when I have to reinstall windows (new storage), but I hope a fresh install won't have the problem again.

Thanks for all your help here 🙂

Suggested Topics