ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2311 posts

@dawnbreakerrrr Sorry to hear that this is still happening. Can you submit your save files to us so we can investigate further?

You can find how to do this here.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Dawnbreakerrrr
    14 posts

@ubi-viral,

Ok I have upload those files with a reference to this thread.
    Hopefully there is a fix possible.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2311 posts

@dawnbreakerrrr Thank you! What is your case number?

Official Response
  • Dawnbreakerrrr
    14 posts

@ubi-viral
    My number is 15538397 🙂

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Thanks @dawnbreakerrrr. I see your case has been escalated so it can be looked into further and someone will get back to you once there's something else for you to try or to provide any new information.

Official Response
  • Dawnbreakerrrr
    14 posts

Still looking through a mailbox....I have a feeling this bug is here to stay......

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 861 posts

Hey @dawnbreakerrrr,

Thank you for your continued patience.

Any updates on the black bars will be posted in our announcements section of the forums.

Many thanks

Official Response
  • Dawnbreakerrrr
    14 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck

I have my Radeon RX6900XT back from rma and the black bars are still not fixed?!
    How can this be possible......I still can't play this game.

Borderless is no option, I loose quite a bit of perf this way.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2168 posts

Hello @dawnbreakerrrr,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

Have you tried any workarounds provided in this thread on page 1, by any chance?

Official Response
  • Dawnbreakerrrr
    14 posts

@ubi-mark
    Yes, but I loose too much performance in windowed mode with this program.

Why dont the devs fix this problem, I dont even see it mentioned in the bugslists or patchlists.
    This is a gamebreaking issue, a basic thing which even Indie games, old games do support perfectly.

I think they simply dont care.

Imagine if I pirate this game and run the iso
    , it would run perfect as the game did in the beginning.

I am extremely dissapointed and ashtonished about the lack of commitment to the userbase. This really unbelieveable.....

• Dawnbreakerrrr
    14 posts

It seems this is it then, as expected this bug is here to stay....
    This is a perfect example of very bad support.

• Dawnbreakerrrr
    14 posts

Was excited for the new update, I thought should it? But nah, black bars for ethernity, thanks for the update.....

• Steapper
    2 posts
    Thank you for sharing your account of your specific issue in such detail. I must first and foremost address that you are using Bootcamp to play the game, as Valhalla is not a supported game on an iMac. We are not able to provide effective troubleshooting for a system that is not natively supported to play the game, and because of using an unsupported system, it is also expected that graphical or other issues may occur. If you have been able to test the game on a supported system, and have been encountering the same issues, we'll be happy to assist further. If you have been able to resolve your issue in the meantime, please let me know as well.

Sorry but I can only disagree. An iMac running Bootcamp is an Intel platform computer running Windows, and is by definition a PC. It's not an Asus, an HP, a Lenovo, an Acer, a Dell, an Alien PC, but an Apple PC. So what ?

All the other games of all the other editors that can run on a PC are running fine on an Apple PC, but not Assassin's Creed Valhalla. So you clearly made something wrong in your code. Maybe you are not using correctly the API that returns the list of supported screen resolutions, or even worse maybe you have reinvented the wheel trying to implement this API by yourself, I don't care. But I do care on the fact that many customers have reported this massive black bars issue for more than one year, on different PC and monitor brands, and they simply don't get any support and any fix from you. This is just unacceptable.

I have this problem too. I've bought the game a few days ago for my daughter for Christmas. And she is very disappointed. So am I. So if you don't plan much attention to this problem or don't care fixing it, please allow me to have a refund so I can buy another game for my daughter. Thanks.

• Steapper
    2 posts

@zeleznastraka
    I have found an article on the Web that explains how to have the active signal resolution match the desktop resolution:
    Incorrect active signal resolution - Microsoft Community

Try using 3200 x 1800 or 3840 x 2160 in the List All Modes dialog. With these modes, the active signal resolution matches the desktop resolution. For some reason, that's not the case for the 4096 x 2304 and 5120 x 2880 modes.

Unfortunately it does not fix the problem. The massive black bars are still present. I feel like the game is getting some information from the monitor no matter what, and is wrongly using this information.

Suggested Topics