Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sodermat
    2 posts

@cnnryng guess they want to make sure people don’t confuse nudity with nudity like they often do.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@elearon liberals get offended by a lot of stuff, they trying to avoid being cancelled

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@karloz1995 You obviously weren't around in the 1980's ..... The Religious Right Republicans invented the Cancel Culture over 40 years ago .... For cripes sakes they even wanted to cancel Teletubbies because they thought one of them was Gay .... It was a cartoon for cripes sakes .... Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson built their entire careers around Cancel Culture

Just look at today's GOP they are Cancel Culturing each other left and right because a handful voted to Impeach and convict Donald Trump ..... Before this it was the Tea Party Cancel Culturing other Republicans because they didn't think they were Conservative enough and they are getting set to do it all over again in 2022

Gamergate was all about Cancel Culturing women in Gaming ....

• longjohn119
    716 posts

Most likely the reason they dropped nude NPCs is so people could stream the game on Twitch and YouTube without accidentally getting banned because they forgot to turn the filter on .... They could get away with it in Odyssey because the only nudity was reproductions of statutes and art, none of the NPCs in the game were nude ....

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

It's weird how some humans think nakedness is *worse* than graphic violence, and that includes streaming on Twitch and YT. 😄

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

They even cover up / censor international art.
    Canada and the US are known for their double standards and prudes so don't be surprised at such medieval notions😂 😂

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kreutzgang
    635 posts

@karloz1995 Aside from small groups of very vocal people who bring politics into everything (like you are doing currently, I might add), most gamers' attitudes to games are unrelated to their political views, and you are simplifying things to a ridiculous degree. Sure society changes with time to hopefully be more inclusive, and that's reflected in fiction, including video games. Right wingers rant constantly about how games make people violent and there's also no scarcity of right-wingers who are up in arms about nudity, sex etc in games; I could go on but I cannot be bothered. Also, political rantings of this kind are better off in 4chan, reddit, or in the comments section of Youtubers. Finally, I think you mean libertarians, not "the far right", at least I hope so!

• bitebug2003
    Original poster 106 posts

This thread has been derailed and not what I desired when I created the thread

Adding a Nudity filter for a two second flash of breasts in one location is quite laughable.

Nudists at a nudist camps are covered up

Violence, gore and beheadings is perfectly acceptable but Nudity isn't

Personally I find it insulting

Nothing to do with politics or whatever agenda people might have

This is censorship and for a Mature / 18 rated game is unacceptable

This will be my final post in this thread.

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@bitebug2003 It's only censorship if a government agency forces it on Ubisoft ..... Ubisoft did this of their own free will and as I mentioned before most likely so the game would be streamable on Twitch, YouTube and other streaming platforms which all ban nudity except in the case of classic art (non-gratuitous nudity)

You have no right to force Ubisoft to put nudity into their games, THAT would actually be a form of censorship

If you want nudity go download Skyrim and mod it ..... Plenty of those mods on Nexus just don't try streaming or uploading videos with nudity in it because you will get banned on most **privately owned** platforms .... It's their property so it's their rules .... You have no rights to free speech on someone else's private property including privately owned servers .... Your rights cannot supersede someone else's rights .... It just amazes me how many people who think they are entitled don't understand that concept

• LordRaven4430
    18 posts

@longjohn119: Well some of us don't have PC so modding is out of the question.... Hell Conan Exiles has a Nudity filter that works. You want to see boobs then you see them, if you don't then they are covered.

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@lordraven4430 With all the problems this game has a lack of nudity at a nudist colony doesn't even make my Top 100 List .... It's pretty much irrelevant to the gameplay

• Photokrow
    10 posts

Kind of reviving a dead topic here but I noticed that Goneril (swamp witch boss on the Isle of Ely) had her breasts visible. I just saw no one mention it. Maybe guys don't really notice boobs unless they're sexually gratifying and not shrouded in green fog attached to a person trying to murder them.

Of course with all the problems this game has "lack of nudity" doesn't even register on my radar. I just saw the feature having started the game recently and was just wondering "how much are we talking and should I keep it on or turn it off because there is such a thing as "too much gratuitous nudity" for me.

And I'm not even going to engage with Mr. "Gamer-Gate never happened" because that PoS is completely drunk on the right-wing kool-aid.

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

@longjohn119
    I'd say it is much older than that. Ever heard of the Catholic church? 😈

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

... as for the nudist colony, if they weren't going have naked NPCs, why even have it n the game to begin with? They could as easily make sun bathers worshiping the Sun, or instead of a pond make it a mud pit or something similar... or just not add it.

• Emberskyes
    1 posts

@bitebug2003 I’m clearly way late to this party and to be honest I don’t much care about the people but the seashells on the Roman statues make me mental. It pulls me right out of the moment every time I see one.

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@emberskyes During the final development Ubisoft was mired in a sexual harassment scandal so management probably thought nudity wouldn't be a very good look for a company claiming they were trying to get their act together ..... It's a lot easier to just slap a new texture on everyone nude than it is to rewrite the code controlling the nudity filter

Suggested Topics