Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ur_mate
    Original poster 4 posts

I have an i7700k @ 4.2 Ghz CPU with a 1070 GTX graphics card and 16 Gb of ram and Assassins' creed Valhalla will not launch. I have tried run as administrator and verify files. Nothing has worked.
    Please assist

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SinnerTV
    7 posts

SO typical Ubisoft not having their [censored] together when launching a new game. There is always something wrong.

Btw. i Bought the game and i cant get through the launcher staret either. it just opens then stops loading. Whin i got into taskmanager i can se that the startup dosn't even use any CPU. It's lie it just had a seizure and stopped loading.

• dukyyyy
    7 posts

@sinnertv yeah is for a lot of people.
    Now i can see an update by 1,66gb but nothing resolved the issue.

• ur_mate
    Original poster 4 posts

Okay at least I am not alone

• SinnerTV
    7 posts

@dukyyyy Yeah it's unbelieveablel. You should think that with such a big game company they would know how to make a game start up without bugs.

• ur_mate
    Original poster 4 posts

@sinnertv. It is weird becuase my mate has it on xbox with no issues. PC version cost $20 more in Australia and doesnt even load

• Kalbsfleisch
    1 posts

Yeah same here, just the picture with the two axes and nothing more, even after the Update and everything you can do for troubleshooting

• SinnerTV
    7 posts

@ur_mate It's wierd and i think it willt ake Ubisoft a long time to troubleshoot, because so many people got problems with the launcher start up acting differently.

• Snowkevke
    4 posts

Hi Guys,

I had the same issue and i use a MSI gaming taptop.
    I closed Dragon Center, and that resolved the issue for me.
    I've read another post where they told you to shut down afterburner if you use that.

Hope it helps for you.

• uriah256
    3 posts

Same here on PC. Pre-downloaded but still won't launch, says it is not available until 11/10/2020 - well it's 7AM, so it should have unlocked seven hours ago. Guess I'll have to try again after work, but it's going to be a looooong day waiting. Game companies should understand that people get excited for their games and pre-order them because want to play them when they release. I might only have an hour or two before work, but it would have been nice to set up the game, start a first mission, and look at it running a bit before having to head out.

• K4tadiope
    3 posts

@ur_mate I had the same issue. I checked the game files no problem detected but it won't launch.

I desinstalled Ubi Connect and the game
    I force the reinstallation of the last NVIDIA drivers (the one for this game)
    I reinstalled Ubi Connect as an admin and reinstalled the game
    I launched it and now it works !!

Hope it helps

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz  3.00 GHz
    32,0 Go
    NVIDAI RTX 2070 SUPER

• EfeTozan
    6 posts

if you have ssd and game location is in hdd then it won't work. i had same trouble but i fixed it. transfer to ssd, select locate game in ubisoft connect, locate game in your ssd and play.

• CoachSlippy0010
    1 posts

It keeps saying thats its not available for me until 11/10/20 and I cant even get to the load screen, never had this problem with Steam what a freaking joke right now

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering crashes when trying to launch the game.

Can you raise a support ticket on our website with your MSinfo and DXDiag, so we can look into this further?

Official Response
  • Dx2.LFT
    38 posts

ubisoft is doing release stream on ubisoft nordic in twitch, all go to spam there mby they start to take this issue seriously and trying to even fix it

• SinnerTV
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins IF you read what we say, ti is not a CRASH. It is a loading problem. It simply just stops loading the game, and freezes. therefore we do not have any crash logs to submit.

• Chay_mo
    3 posts

@ur_mate $20 more and absolutely no chance of a refund 😐

• Sir_Aonarch
    2 posts

My game isn't loading either.

I tried adding a Windows Defender exception for the .exe and installed the newest C visual drivers.

• SinnerTV
    7 posts

@efetozan Insane that it actually makes a difference. But you are completly right. It now works for me. Thx!

• SinnerTV
    7 posts

@ur_mate Look at EfeTozan post. This might fix your problem.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics