Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • pc 3430
    technical issue 2774
    0 Likes/16 Replies/150 Views
    predater543
    Original poster 1 posts

I am unable to collect thistle after countless times of starting over on saves and resets. Is there something I able to do to progress further the questline. Also, since the update the Sky box is flickering and clouds too.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hello all, I am sorry to hear that the number of thistles you have collected has not been updating.

Are any of you able to provide us with a short video demonstrating this?

Official Response
  • SystemUpdate2.0
    1 posts

Hi just wanted to know if anybody else is able to collect thistles. Whenever I go to collect one, the 0/5 doesn’t change. In other words, even though I’m able to collect thistles the quest objective doesn’t update.

• mordicai052
    2 posts

The same thing is happening to me in the questline "In Dreams" I have no video and I am not going to roll it back a couple hours to get one. Sorry.

• MADMANhuber
    1 posts

the quest says to collect 5 thistle plants but it stays at 0/5. even after collecting every thistle plant around the pond. i've tried reloading several different saves from before i obtained the quest as well as fast traveling out of the area and coming back but nothing i do changes the objective of the quest. the only thing i haven't done is restart the playthrough completely but i'm almost 7 hours in and don't want to do that.

• Kultowy97
    20 posts

same here 😕 I am over 13H and I am not going to start over

• BobaJaga
    5 posts

same here i picked up all of them now there is nothing left and im still at 0

• BobaJaga
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • patzke147
    4 posts

@madmanhuber
    Same here, also 13hrs playtime and don't want to restart the game.

• IamElvie
    1 posts

I have experienced something similar. In my inventory, it shows 4/5 thistle. The fifth thistle is actually right next to it with a blank black box with no picture and says 1 thistle. No way to combine them. Cannot pick more thistles and I've searched a great many areas around water to find more as well as every merchant I've discovered, but so far no luck and the thistles around the pond will not regenerate. So, like you all, I can't progress in the quest.

• Kultowy97
    20 posts

sacrifice yesterday and made a new game, the problem is gone 🙂

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 135 posts

Hello everyone,

I've merged all of your threads on this issue together to form a megathread - sorry if your previous conversations have become a little disjointed because of this!

As my colleague Ubi-Swaggins requested, a video demonstrating this issue would be very helpful to us, so that we can pass it to the devs and hopefully get the issue reproduced on their end. I've submitted a report of the issue as is, but it is likely they'll need some images or video clips to fully understand what is going on, so any that could be provided would be gratefully received!

Please continue to update us here if you find any workarounds or manage to progress in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Bartholomeu2020
    3 posts

I have exactly the same issue, i can collect thistles but it doesn't ad up to 5, tried reloading etc, but nothing works, very annoying.

• BobaJaga
    5 posts

can you prgress in game if you leave this quest out?i don't really want to keep going if at some point i will have to do this quest

@ubi-woofer https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmfrZ3aNTALdhvU5U-WdK23FGYRMiA?e=MtnVXu Here is video of that bug

• BobaJaga
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 135 posts

@BobaJaga I believe "In Dreams" is a main quest within the Ravensthorpe line. You'll need to complete it in order to advance the story. Thank you for the video, I'll pass that onto the team now, and will update you all if I receive an update!

Official Response

Community details

Users
Topics