Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Scooch111
    18 posts

@martygod12 the “base building” was terrible. I could understand not being able to pick the location you wanted because of dialogue, level and story reasons just like Fallout 4 and Sanctuary. But the game doesn’t even let you pick locations to build stuff or even the design. Despite being pushed as this new feature. A feature that was done all the way back in AC2, 3, and 4 with the town building (AC3 being the best and most in-depth with it). At least the towns on those games made you an income and wasn’t pushed as a major feature. I don’t get how this was pushed and people looked at it and said “wooooow” and not “They did this several times already!”.

• Mirmidonas74
    22 posts

@scooch111 The company mislead many viewers with the cheesy and unrealistic trailers and marketing campaigns. Now it comes the time of truth and many players are [censored] off. Specially the loyal AC players. So far in Google over 2890 ratings still 3.8 score for Valhalla. Dissaster.

• martygod12
    237 posts

@scooch111 I am back at playing Odyssey already actually 😄 ... I will try Valhalla again maybe in half a year to see if they managed to fix at least some of its problem, but I doubt it 😞

• IkelWood
    2 posts

I'm sorry... But to be completely honest, I feel like I'm playing an early access title... The story is fine and all, but... As an example without trying to spoil anything... Just finished a certain celebration and the "chatter" from NPCs that is just the on the background overflowed through the entirety of the cutscene, there was no music, the characters in the scene hasn't spoken until confirming that they wanted to do what they were doing. Then 2 or 3 voices cheered... The voice over is CONSTANTLY hanging anywhere from 1 - 5 seconds leaving the next piece of conversation to be a humble of multiple people talking over each other, there are so many bugs, I'm amazed that people aren't outraged. I love assassin's creed just as much as the biggest fanboy out there, but... I feel like we should demand more from game production than this, stop selling 4 different "versions" of the same game, stop withholding game content behind pay walls (this isn't a free title that you include microtransactions to keep going), and put the effort in to finish the product, nearly every aspect that I've seen to this point has felt half finished... The "bugs are to be expected" argument isn't an assignment to say that you'll just finish everything later, it literally means the small amount of problems can be overlooked. But when you come to the first boss fight and have no idea what stupid thing he stays before he dies due to a laundry list of problems in the game, you shouldn't be charging $120 for your full "version" of the game.
    Alright, rant over...
    WAIT!!! I'm [censored] that the jomsvikings are all men... When if they LOOK like women. Seriously, that's like basic if/then trash work right there. 2 thumbs WAY up on that one.

Rant over again.

• martygod12
    237 posts

@mirmidonas74 Yeah they tricked us really good on this one, all the pre release gameplay videos and all the information about the game before it was released looked great. So I can understand the massive dissapoinment of many players with the final product. I am one of them.

• Scooch111
    18 posts

@mirmidonas74 I was only really looking forward to the “raiding”, “better combat” which wasn’t really broken on odyssey. Enemies were just spongy. And the assassinations being added back. The first two being incredibly disappointing. I will finish this, cancel my Ubi+ sub and go back to Origins or Odyssey after this. Maybe come back if they manage to fix it.

• Mirmidonas74
    22 posts

@scooch111 Very good choice mate.

• Spicy_Manatee
    4 posts

The story, world, combat, and looting has been amazing so far but I'm just annoyed with the models and the animations. There is so much clipping with armor and weapons on the NPCs and especially Eivor. The weapons clip through your cloak and your hood clips through you cloak. There is clipping all over the place if you look a little closer and it really pulls me out of the game.
    Second the animations meaning the stun kills, assassination's, and dismemberment. The stuns kills looks great, when they work properly. Sometimes when I'm killing a goliath Eivor wont grab his neck but instead will grab the top of his helmet which somehow snaps his neck. The worst part about these animations is they dont sustain the impact. For instance the spear stun kills looks awesome! But when it's over he slides down the spear a bit and the he just ragdolls and goes limp. WHY!? Just leave him slumped on the spear! It shows the impact and the brutality of the attack while the rag-doll just removes all of it and makes u feel like the attack had no force. Assassination's animations are lazy and glitchy. I'd say nine times out of ten Eivor doesn't even connect with the person she is stabbing and then the attack loses all impact. Oh and what the hell is with the [censored] animation where she just gently slashes at an enemy to kill them? What!? U can't make enough animations that don't glitch out so instead you make it so she just cuts at them like a piece of bread!? Or when an NPC is sitting or sleeping there is no special animation for it. Why!? You could have done something cool. But instead you were lazy and went with the easiest option. Finally dismemberment. Sounds awesome on paper but the execution is trash. The open combat dismemberment is the worst part. It seems the body part that is cut off gets randomized regardless of where the player hits the enemy. Like earlier I hit a guy in the arm with an axe and his legs came off. Why would you not just instead give us smaller shorter animations that emphasize the dismemberment and show the blade connecting and make them a bit more rare rather than just give us this bs which makes the dismemberment so forgettable. I'm not even talking big stylish animations that pull you out of combat, I just want small ones that show Eivor cutting the enemy's arm or leg off and then returning to normal combat similar to the animations from the older AC games.
    Ubisoft you have an incredible amount of resources and amazing developers who could have made an amazing game if you weren't so focused on just making money. We don't need a new game every 1 or 2 years if that new game is going to be half-[censored]. Instead take the time to make your game amazing, rather making it as quick as possible to make quick money. It's like giving candy to a child, if you give the kid candy that he only kind of likes but you give it to him every day, at first he will be happy but eventually he will get tired of it and move on. But if you give the kid his favorite candy once a week he will be super excited and patient because he knows that the candy is going to be good. Dont just keep pumping out sub-par games that you dont really care about. Make a game that you truly love, and put all your time and effort into making sure that every part of the game is given the same amount of attention and development. Whether it's fighting, traversal, world building, story, exploration, dialogue, or animations every part is important to us. We understand that making a great game takes time and we are capable of waiting. We have seen first hand what you guys can create when you're allowed to create something that you truly care about and not something that you had to make just to bring in money. I know I am only one voice in an ocean of people but I hope someone sees this and takes it to heart. Thank you for reading.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@souldrinkerlp

Hi Souldrinker and everyone,

Id happily have 1000 pices of armour/skins in my inventory. One can never have too many styles to choose from especially when roleplaying. I hated seeing my charcter attending wedding and feasts and being the only one wearing heavy and ugly black armour. 10 armours mostly heavy style is just not enough for me perosnally. 🙂

There is a middle ground between 10 and 1000 one that Ubisoft seems to have ignored.

• SinfulDanTheMan
    57 posts

@cell1e agreed. The witcher had got it mostly right. you can look off enemies, but they'll usually be lower quality. or you can go on quests are exploring dangers areas to find better ones. and the most special armor you can upgrade throughout the game. it really is a good system (but takes a lot of development effort and time)

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@sinfuldantheman

Oh gosh yes, I went out of my way to collect all the armours, Geralt had some lovely gear, the mix of fabric, leather, chain and plate and gorgeous textures too. Now they did a great job on their gear and loot system. I loved that game and last time I played I got every single set. Ubisoft should take note.

Also have you seen the mods in skyrim nexus of those amours? Whenever I make a charcter (female) I always download the Triss and Yenefer armour mods as they are second to none in design and functionality.

If only this game was moddable, Id be so excited waiting for the modders to fix things up 😄

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

Well ya'll Valhalla has officially ticked me off. I'm done with it. I'm over 80 hrs in & its utter trash. I quit.
    I dont know if they can fix this. I've been gaming for years & never been on a forum until this game, usually just rolled with it.

Mostly I see people arguing points about opinions about how some like it & some dont.

My opinion is the game is trash & Ubisoft is not responding to the forum or letting gamers know anything.
    I may come back to Valhalla at some point but I'm done for now.
    And closing the forum too. Nice meeting yall.

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

@mirmidonas74 Kidding? NOTHING is wrong with the horse. Exept what LongJohn mentioned earlier. But with the actual horse itself is nothing wrong.

So what isn't right with the horse according to you?

• Netspook
    261 posts
    Well ya'll Valhalla has officially ticked me off. I'm done with it. I'm over 80 hrs in & its utter trash. I quit.

@Chevy_man2010
    Yeah, I'm done too. And I've played less than half of your playtime.

Currently, I'm in Asgard, in a boss fight where every possible bug has hit me, so I can barely do anything, and I'm even more than halfdead before the game has finished loading. And all other saves has magically disappeared so I can't do anything about it.

And at this time, I will NOT start over, because:

• Worst combat system I've ever seen
    • Stealth is mostly completely meaningless. For this and several other reasons, I'm not considering this an AC game, far from it.
    • Worst itemisation I've ever seen
    • "Rewarding exploration" is about getting chests with leathers and metals, barely anything else
    • Garbage upgrading system which forces us to "explore" more to get those mats
    • Raids. Neverending waves of enemies. A boring and annoying mandatory grind to get the mats for your settlement.
    • No tracking of side quests. Not important for most of them, but for some it would be REALLY useful.
    • Side quests/activities are probably mandatory, else you'll be both underleveled and undergeared.
    • No level scaling option, therefore you are forced to do zones in order.
    • So far, England has ZERO variation. Boring as hell.
    • Absolutely INSANE amount of bugs. Combined with the save files bugs, it's likely the game will break again. Seems they fired the QA team.

And quite a few more issues...

Think I'll replay Odyssey instead.

• bitebug2003
    89 posts

@chevy_man2010 it took you 80 hours to find out the game is 'utter trash?

Okay.....

• martygod12
    237 posts

@netspook Yes same here, done with the game for now, back at Odyssey until Cyberpunk comes (hopefully it will be released at some point 😄 )

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Scooch111
    18 posts

@redw0lfalpha lol right?! Knew this game was trash before leaving the Norway map.

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

@scooch111 well that's just your opinion. I'm having a blast with Valhalla 😊

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics