Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WolfKissed82
    21 posts

@ghostsniper6 *30FPS ( Typo Error )

• WolfKissed82
    21 posts

@redw0lfalpha I love the game but I have raised 3 issues that I feel needs to be addressed from which I am certain the development team will address as them

• Patricia81994
    113 posts

Yeah i hate to admit this but this game should not be out now i feel more or less like a beta tester and i'm quite disappointed. 😞

• DevilzCrest216
    2 posts

Game is great but its got way too many quest braking glitches the most recent on for me is that Randvis The Taken for granted questline has dissappeared out of my completed quests and now i no longer have an option to romance randvi ive dealt with about 6 to 7 glitches that have lost me hrs of game time really wish they'd patch soon

• Cygnifick
    4 posts
    @drboness

Haha, don't even mention combat! I even have issues just by smashing boxes for loot. My character simply cannot hit a basket in 3 swings, because I just slashing the wall and/or the empty air around it! Who tested this?

Yes indeed, it's ridiculus how bad hitting items can be. Your character keeps moving forward is another annoyance. With the graphics being just okay, it's one of my least favorite AC games sofar.

• martygod12
    237 posts

You know I am gonna write here just one last post.

I am really sad how Valhalla turned out, and it is because I generally love Ubisoft games. Yes I know that it is somehow controversial company, which many players dont like, I would even say many players hate. But I am not one of those people.

Yes their games being criticised for being repetitive and shallow and the story being only average etc. etc. Yes somehow it is true, Ubi games are very simillar, whenewer it is AC or Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Division or Ghost Recon and others, yes they are all adapting the simillar pattern and gameplay, yes they games tend to be repetivie and somehow only average, but there is some big plus some big upside and big selling point those game has, and that is the open world element. Their worlds are beuatiful, large, detailed, and full of possibilities, options, rewards and customization. Doesnt matter if it is a latest AC games, Ghost Recon, Division, Watch Dogs or others. their games always had this one big thing which kept you playing them and enjoy them to the fullest even though their stories and gameplay was somehow average. You know they always managed to make their games in a way that even if the story, gameplay or mechanichs wasnt something new or groundbreaking, the game was always a big fun and you can easily spend tens even hundrets hours in their games, especially their lates AC games. And it was that their games were rewarding and fun to explore.

But sadly this is not the feeling I have with Valhalla, I am woried and I think that the game was stripped of its core mechanics of the thing what makes Ubi games so great and fun, and it is the general feeling from the world, from its exploration and design. You know they alway manage to somehow make the world and its exploration meaninfull and rewarding, there was always enough weapons/armors or general loot to make the game exciting and fun even when you did the same thing 30th time over again. And that is something what Valhalla really misses. Because if you want it or not after the while even their side activities which tend to be uniqe and diverse at first becomes really repetitive and boring, but instead of other Ubi games in Valhalla you dont have that "loot factor" if I say it like that, you know that thing what keeps you excited even though you are doing basically the same thing over and over again. That was the thing what made Ubi games always so great in past few years.

In Valhalla they went with minimum almost none loot or rewards and they thought that they can drag the game heavily on the story. But it just dont work, sadly the story and generally all the side stories are just ok, they are not bad, but they are also not great enough for story being the only reward you get for exploration and playing the game. And when the game lacks the Ubi core game design which was always a plenty of items/gear/rewards for playing the game, it makes Valhalla somehow a drop out game. A game which you wont even finish or maybe only the main story just to know how it played out, but not the game what you play multiple times, or the game where you explore every corner of the map and spend hundrets of hours in it, because the world and the content outside the story is basically empty and not interesting enough to play. You just dont get that vibe that joy or drive which makes you explore and play the game even after the story is finished,

I wrote a lot of criticism about this game here, and its because I am a big fan of Ubi games, especially the AC games, which is one of my most favourite gaming series of all time. And because of that I am really sad, angry, and dissapointed how this game turned out, because it breaks all the things and misses all the things whats great about Ubi games, seriously I think it is their worst game they made in last five years maybe even more, and it pains me really much because after Origins and Odyssey I was so sure that Valhalla will be perfect that it will be THE next step you know, the greatest of the series, but I am nothing but dissapointed, and that comes from a big fan of Ubi games,I am so sorry if I was overreacting or being too critic in previous posts, but it is mostly because I am really dissapointed and angy, I sadly have to say that I was never that dissapointed with Ubisoft game ever 😞 Thats all.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@martygod12

Im guessing you were really looking forward to this game a lot, I was too. I have very simialr concerns to you marty and if being able to post your worries here help you as it does me then you shouldnt apologise or worry about that. All feedback is important for deveopers, its great that we all take the time to post here even when we don't all agree.

I hope Valhalla will improve for us with age and updates and in the meantime there are some more nice looking games coming up to look forward too. 🙂

• JERADTHEJUICE
    12 posts

@rumenrs
    I am disappointed so far with this game. It seems as though ubisoft went backwards with this one. I am not impressed with the HDR settings no matter how I setup the game or tv it is like I am playing in the fog.
    Ubisoft please try and fix the poor graphics. Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Assassin's Creed Origins were amazing, & that is what we expected.undefinedundefinedundefined

• TORFINR
    351 posts

The more I try to understand what feels "downgraded" compared to Odyssey, the more I think that it's the lack of real secondary quests.
    Ok, sure, we have the little "mini quests" all over the map. And the idea is good. But it would have been good in addition of real quests. Here we have only them, and for me at least, they dont bring as much immersion than an Origins/Odyssey secondary quest.
    In fact, even worse, some of them bring less immersion than Odyssey's "kill 10 Athenian archers". (at least for that one, I had sometimes to travel to more than one location).
    At the end of the day, the map feels empty because of that.

As a comparison, I played 2 hours of Origins on Saturday, and I was really surprised to find one secondary quest near the zone of my main quest. I did the secondary quest and it took me 40 mins, and while doing it I had to liberate prisoners in a camp (and was rewarded for doing so), I accepted and did the quest to avenge a real player (was also rewarded for doing so) and I even helped rebels who were attacking the camp at the same time (same thing: reward here). All that gave a feeling of immersion and that the world was really populated and alive.
    Sadly, no such things in Valhalla.

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

@martygod12 i want to make my apologize.
    Of course you have every right to write down your issues and thoughts about this game.
    And i'm really sorry you feel this dissapointed in Valhalla. Again your experience is not my experience but i do admit this game has issues. As a matter of fact the game crashed yesterday and i noticed a few freezing problems. But you were talking about the game itself mostly. And again you have every right to do that.
    So if i was a little annoying i'm sorry. 😁

• martygod12
    237 posts

@redw0lfalpha No problem, and I am sorry too. I am glad you like the game 🙂

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@redw0lfalpha It freezed and crashed for me yesterday too. Weird that we both had them around the same time. I played days without these errors and wondered why this happened. Can it be, that there is something wrong with their online services and this results in these freezes (and crashes)? That would explain why we both experienced them yesterday. I wonder how many more people experienced them yesterday.

• TheOutsider-NL-
    4 posts

@rumenrs Yes, the game looks awful and unfinished. I don't know the story, I just arrived in England. And especially the water looks the worst (see video) But I will stop with this game for now. I'm going to restart it if there are 4 or 5 major patches. Probably after Cyberpunk.

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

@souldrinkerlp did you got the error code ce-34878-0? I did and it crashed hard to desktop. It never crashed before.
    I was in the middle of a raid when the crash happend. I don't know what's goin on. Seems more and more people experience more and more new and old issues.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@redw0lfalpha Nah, no error code. Yesterday I started the game, went to a camp, looted stuff => Freeze. Had to close with task manager. Start again, do the same stuff again => Freeze. Open the game, do the same stuff again => Crash. Open the game, do the same stuff again but way faster, quickly save. Game worked then.

Edit: But I saw the "Corrupted savedata" Name for a savegame the first time after that. Luckily I saw it while saving so I made some backup save files.

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

@souldrinkerlp i had to start over 3 times while doing a raid and the freezing was terrible. So i quit and walked away with the tail between my legs. .Lucky for me i had no corrupt save after the crash.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@redw0lfalpha

For me I got freezes and crashes only when I was in the Lunden area. Its froze and crashed a lot over that evening until I got quests finished and left. My husband did something to my pc to help me get through to the end of that area but in other areas all I get are little freezes often but no crashes.

• geoage095
    39 posts

I just finished the game,took me 80 hours. By far the buggiest and most clunky AC i've played. I'm done with the game for now until they fix it and add a new game + . SPOILERS AHEAD!!!. The bugs that mostly did it for me was not being able to pick up Gugnir after finishing the game,and the last animus anomaly not completing in order to get the secret ending. !!END OF SPOILERS!!!

Also the most unrewarding game i've seen.This game has close to 80 boss fights!!! 80!!!! And a very small number of them reward you with something cool!!!
    Other than that the story was good and a lot of the characters where interesting.

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

Thanks guys for reporting me. Because i have a different opinion. And reporting me for spamming? Some of you sammed this thread with endless posts. Day in day out. Reporting me behind my back and doing the exact same thing as i was doin defending your opinion. Did i report your a..?No. How childish.

• Redw0lfAlpha
    57 posts

They did the exact same thing with S Tanner on the Watch Dogs legion forum. In my opinion the guy did nothing wrong. He was defending his opinions and thoughts about the game and got banned for it.

But you know what's funny? Some of you guys were right all along.
    Yes Valhalla is a utter mess. There you have it. Bye now.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics