Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Daegan87
    16 posts

I have this on ps4 and have all sorts of issues.

Combat is wonky
    PS4 has had corruption issues since playing the game (never had the issue prior)
    Getting error ce-34878-0 as well
    Flying ships (which I can deal with)
    Poor map details
    No previews when purchasing items from merchants
    Winky controls in general at times when climbing

Don't get me wrong. I love the story but I def feel like they rushed the game.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

1. Increase in Draw Distance (LOD)
    2. One Handed Swords
    3. Fix to the over-inflated double handed weapons when in the players hand.. the size of them are perfect when on the players back. 
    4. Transmog.
    5. Replayable raids.
    6. 4k Textures.
    7. More songs for boat travel.

The DRAW DISTANCE is MAJORLY bad on high end PC's. literally the grass 15 feet from you disappears... Odyssey is waaaaay better for LOD. Valhalla, you just can't admire how beautiful it should be with the draw distance so poorly done.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@chevy_man2010

Its a shame you didnt get that on film, that would sure be a funny bug, when you got flung to the other side of the map. Takes me back to the skyrim glitches and bugs, some hilarious ones there.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@souldrinkerlp

Oh my goodness yes! I was glad I wasnt able to save on that ladder then, I was tempted to try because I had just looted a chestpice and I didnt want to loose so much progress before I had a chance to try it on. I didn't think at the time it might have been a bad place to save. 🙂

• guiwhiz
    10 posts

@rumenrs Good Christ almighty! This is one of the worse Beta test....oh.... wait... this is supposed to be the finished game!!! You have GOT to be kidding me. I have an Xbox One X with a OLED 4k TV and made sure HDR mode was enabled. Didn't help. The hair effects... seriously? In 2020? Mass Effect 2 had better hair effects and that game is almost 15 years old.

(BUMP)

• guiwhiz
    10 posts

@saephire For a 2020 game? The water effects are atrocious. Check out RDR2, Subnautica, hell AC Black Flag and they were all better graphics for water effects.

• guiwhiz
    10 posts

@mayc_ I assume that is the PC version? When you enable HDR (4k graphics for games) in the Xbox One X you don't have any other controls other than brightness basically.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

@guiwhiz Odyssey's was perfect

• SwedishElk
    3 posts

@rumenrs I agree, this is the worst AC so far, sure the graphics is great, but the story, battles... It has nothing in common with previous AC games. And still issues with the store, I paid €119 and I have not received my bonus items yet. And refunds are not possible since you start the game, unless of course as for me living in Europe (EU) can use Going to court: EU Small Claims Procedure & Payment Order - Your Europe (europa.eu) But I hope that they will fix this ASAP.

• TORFINR
    351 posts

@swedishelk This.
    And the game has nothing to keep us playing in the long run. Nothing.
    It's a one time shot.
    You play the main story arc, you enjoy it, and you quit.
    The game is EMPTY when finished.
    Odyssey had hundreds if not thousands of hours of content after the main story arc: skill leveling (1700+ skills... taking 2x more time to earn /skill than the 400 skills we have now...), contracts on boards in each region, ...
    In Valhalla you meet a good old "game over" à la 80s at the end of the main story arc. How is it even possible???!

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

@torfinr Plus, Odyssey had the Story Creator Mode, where peeps could make their own and share them. I do lots of those missions. Some are dumb, but some are very entertaining.

I'm only 25 hours in to Valhalla and it's already boring.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

Valhalla is a joke. Unless Ubisoft makes some major changes to this & adds alot of content to make this game worth what I paid; I will not be investing in anymore Ubisoft games or reserving anymore of their games.
    I paid $130 for this game for Ultimate Edition to include Season Pass & Game. So far this crap wasn't worth $10. Its incomplete/buggy/glitchy/& gameplay is horrible.

• TORFINR
    351 posts

@chevy_man2010 the problem is that we're not talking about "bugs" here, or about things that can be changed easily. It's the core of the game which is broken.
    The whole game has to be reworked, and I doubt it is possible.
    the funny (or less funny) thing is that they try to sell us "content" for the next year to come, when in fact Valhalla has at most 3 or 4 weeks of content.
    they really think that players will be there after Xmas???? Whats the point of playing this game after? Odyssey had it right. They tried to reinvent the wheel, and they failed at it.
    Once more when the main story arc is done, I think Tetris in the 90s had more content than Valhalla now.
    A pity as Valhalla's graphics are astonishing, and the story is good. But the rest is .... not there. Valhalla is a beautiful empty shell.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

@torfinr

Thats what I was saying. You just said it better than I did. I've got other multiple post in this thread & others listing multiple problems.
    This game has potential & I hope they can salvage this cause it has great potential but I am skeptical. Odyssey was amazing & was done right. They need to reimplement alot of things done in Odyssey.

• TORFINR
    351 posts

@chevy_man2010 fully agree drengr, I feel more "viking" in Odyssey than in Valhalla, it needed to be said 😠

• pepacotera
    2 posts

Very unfinished is kindness of you!! Valhalla looks like alpha version!

• SwedishElk
    3 posts

@torfinr I agree on that, I spent several months with Odyssey and now on new game+, the story is rich, and it has some meaning. Valhalla feels like a pure ARPG slaughter game, bland characters and a very week story. I have played AC since the first one and own everyone for PC, and this is just pure crap.

• Alake314
    12 posts

@guiwhiz When the braid is pixel-pushed *through* the shoulder fur of the cape! In the frigging CINEMATICS! Like, GOD is it really SO hard to get the collision physic effects and the textures right??

• Alake314
    12 posts

@torfinr I feel like a viking *in* Odyssey, with all the Roman-Greek sheet.

• bhk3yx
    4 posts

@rumenrs

I agree on all of this. I'm created this account just to make a comment here. Thought Origins and Odyssey were fantastic. Never could I have imagined how much of a waste I feel the $65 I spent was. After having my game crash over 75-100 times on PS4, experiencing multiple quests that simply cannot be finished to progress in the story because of terminal bugs and dealing with the constant glitching disappearing items, floating characters....I could go on forever. I'm shocked that the developers considers this a product worthy of charging people money for, its insulting. The writing is also terrible and I set a very low bar for feasible plots. No coherent story-line, and a complete drop off of any meaningful activity or story leaving you to play errand boy for over 20-30 hours to finish the game is just a joke. May post more fleshed out examples of what Im talking about in a few days but Im done thinking about this game for now, I've finally just hit a point where it's unplayable for me. With that said I feel the least I can do is let others know to avoid the mistake I made wasting money on a half baked broken game.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics