Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• martygod12
    237 posts

Completely agree with everything in this video, this game sadly sucks so hard, it is not worth playing as it is now 😞

• Clambaker206
    1 posts

I completely agree. I don’t like the graphics. I hate the battle mechanics. Somehow I feel like even black flag felt more real than this. I keep trying to pick the game back up because I paid for it, but I don’t find it very enjoyable. I really wish I would’ve bought a hardcopy instead of a digital version because I would definitely be selling it. I did like the scenery though, but it still doesn’t make me wanna play this game.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

They should Stop the Sale, give us Our Money Back, apologize to us, release it in Goldstatus in a few months and prey we give the Game another Chance.

• onurxrevenant
    1 posts

@grundged I agree

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts

@onurxrevenant ubisoft is now worse than bethesda putting out btoken garbage.

• KeepItValhalla
    11 posts

Game has such great potential, but unfortunately Ubisoft (publisher) clearly doesnt give any fucks if their games are broken at launch. I thought Ghost Recon: Breakpoint was supposed to be a "turn around" for this company. Oh boy, was I dead wrong.

The sales may have been good, but I dont believe they understand how much they've stained the reputation of AC with this disastrous launch. It makes AC Unity look like a game straight out of CDPR...

• LaMOi
    77 posts

The game looks last gen in places. I mean seriously!

Some of the cutscenes I was watching today, it’s the first time you get to the modern day section. I was thinking wow this looks really [censored]. This looks like resident evil 4 cutscenes. Poor looking character models stiff looking animation.

The game definitely looks unfinished it’s filled with graphical glitches on PlayStation 4 that really take you out of the experience — its definitely quite an unpolished game.

I mean I honestly never thought I’d say this, But I find myself wanting to load up assassins Creed Odyssey, just because it was that much more polished. And that game was a bit .... janky.

it’s a real shame to be honest because Valhalla out of all three of the the last AC games, I was most into the setting. I was ready to love this game. But so far it’s been really underwhelming. I’m pressing on with the game, but it’s all a bit MEH........

• dubbillionaire
    9 posts

I decided to wait until they patch it to oblivion before I finish my playthrough. Right now I'm thouroughly enjoying Persona 5 Royal more than any other "new" release. Haven't even touched Demon's souls or spider-man

• RPGFiend2139
    29 posts

@chevy_man2010 I haven't been with a prossy before but $130 sounds like the going rate for getting f*****! 😄

• kaleygh
    3 posts

The game is a buggy mess. I have lost a lot of items, items that i have spent a lot of time to upgrade. All gone, together with the runes i slotted in. But now i have a lot of duplicates of the Hunters armor chest that i cannot delete, or remove in any way. Each time i log in, some random item in my inventory is being downgraded to a lower quality. It seems to be random, sometimes it is the Carolingian sword, sometimes the Soldiers Flail (i think that is what it is called).
    The bird is useless.
    Combat is very weird at times, especially when using a spear. It seems spears have trouble hitting enemies that are very close to my character sometimes.
    Assassination animations are laughable. Some are very slow and weird, some are actually amusing.
    Some of the finishers need to be deleted from the game. For example the one where you strangle the big guys, then yell at them, it just looks childish and should not be present in a game that claims to be AAA.
    No one handed swords - what were you thinking ? You add flails that were not even used in that period, but not 1h swords ?
    The lack of variety in sets and various weapons - Odyssey had an amazing loot system, why not use that instead ? You chose the lazy solution.
    There are huge wild areas where no wildlife seems to be present. Not even a rabbit. Why?
    The fish seem to often just vanish. There are plenty of rivers and sea shores where no fish can be found. Also, please fix the way fish behave, in a lot of places they seem to swim straight through rocks or under the shore. Looks very weird.
    The general story is weak, the way Eivor gets the hidden blade, and many, MANY other such things ruin the story for me. When you get to the end and find the truth about the "gods" is kinda ruining the whole game for me. The way Christianity is represented in the game is laughable. Ubisoft seems to be ok with making a game where you burn churches and ridicule people for their faith as long as the target is some form of Christianity. If the game would have taken place in, say, the Middle East during the same period, i bet they would not have included burning mosques and ridiculing their faith.
    Basim seems to be afraid that drinking any form of alcohol will "damn his eternal soul" (during the discussion with Eivor by the fire), but he seems to be just fine with torturing and killing people.
    The way you take over kingdoms and other areas is a lot worse than in Odyssey. You do a usually simple, linear quest and voila, the whole area is on your side. The quests seem to imply that you have a say in how the story ends, but in the majority of cases, what you chose to do doesn't really matter much in the end.
    The ship you use in the game is not something the Norse used, or anyone would use to cross an ocean. It is more like a glorified fishing boat with shields on the side.

I don`t know about you, but after playing this, I feel like i miss Kassandra and ancient Greece, or even the dunes of ancient Egypt.

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

On my PS4, some of the cutscenes either have dialog out of synch with the video, or just completely silent altogether. This shouldn't be that challenging a thing to get right. These issues are why I didn't pre-order Fenyx Rising like I planned to. It's not a good look when they can't get cutscenes working on their biggest game of the year.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@thecosmicbob Had not many out of sync on PC but if you pause the game during cutscenes the cutscene becomes out of sync every time.

• Max18400
    400 posts

The game is certainly unfinished. I think they rushed to get it out on time with the new console release. They clearly obsessed with programming new features and not polishing the old.
    Ngl, I loved Odyssey. Found it really engaging and there was so much to do, and each time do differently. I've completed Vahalla (I always do a speed run) and am trying to redo it doing all the extra stuff, and I'm already bored. I do enjoy the combat, especially when you unlock the right skills when it works (so.many.bugs) but the lack of actual, meaningful side quests, no rewards for killing bosses, no one handed swords (I'm going to keep bringing that up until its patched in...) buggy movements, weird graphical errors/delayed rendering, mess of a skill tree, no real investment in the hidden ones/order of ancients conflict, no reward for killing bosses, boring raids, no mass field battles (odyssey's conquest battles would have been really fun here), weird bow aiming, oversized weapons and lack of gear (they've gone from one extreme to another) . Most insulting of all actually, is the lack of inclusivity for player choice. I've mentioned this in another post, but while playing as a male Eivor, I have maanny times now been referred to as a women. It's immersion breaking, and kinda a slap in the face. Like I get there's a 'Canon' gender, but it was the same with Odyssey with Kassandra being the 'Canon' option, but they at least made an effort to make sure when playing thy game, you couldn't tell. Valhalla is supposed to build on odyssey's rpg mechanics and it just doesn't. Like in Oddysey, when playing as Alexios, no one called you she, or her, and vice versa. Its really immersion breaking. Like think about how annoying it'd be if it was the other way round?
    And to ubisoft's credit, they have acknowledged a lot of issues. Lack of one handed swords for one and the weird misgender pieces of dialogue for another. They have said they will add/fix these features, but they shouldn't be an issue when a game launches? We shouldn't be paying for a game, only for it to be finished months after release through patches.
    Like the ubisoft dev team has my sympathy as they likely were rushed by the producers, but still...

• gentester
    64 posts

my issues with the game playing on PC

So many bugs, I've lost count of the times I have had to save and reload to get something to complete and still several things are completely borked in my game as the quest has stalled for no apparent reason (in latest one killed the person i was supposed to kill, body has vanished, area can't be cleared from being cursed because game doesn't recognise protagonist is dead in spite of me getting the quest reward, so I can't complete the mysteries for that area and am having to reload a save from nearly 10 hours previous to give it another go) .

My bird is a complete waste of time, no idea why its even there any more. I loved the system in both Origin and Odyssey where you could send your bird to scout - properly scout not just take a quick glance in the appropriate direction - and then mark your enemy, work out your routes to get from a to b in full stealth hit your target and vanish into the mist. Completely impossible in Valhalla. Far as I can see the raven might just as well be a bit of jewellery.

The sound is awful, most esp in snow. Stealth in snow sounds like you are stomping around in army boots and jumping up and down on crisp packets and bubble wrap. Boat songs are dire, so many really good viking/norse folk/rock groups out there and we get what sounds like 2 maybe 3 fairly generic dirgy things that all sound much the same compared to Odyssey where some proper research and proper music were evident. In fact the entire sound track for anything other than ambient is poor quality and underwhelming.

Collision is dire. I keep seeing NPC's happily standing 5 feet above ground. 
    They still haven't fixed the half hour pee, I assume bladder issues must have been endemic in Anglo Saxon times? Or the bandy legs, apparently the entire world suffered from bad knees back then, who knew?

And something that completely baffles me, you stealth your way into a place for a quest and run across prisoners. Locked behind wicker doors you can basically breathe heavily on to demolish - and all of these poor prisoners are still fully armed with two handed and one handed axes etc.
    Erm Right... Does no one at Ubi think there might be something wrong there? You found prisoners in Origins/Odyssey and when you released them they went off to ostensibly find weapons or they ran away they didn't have them in the cages. 

Valhalla smacks of a lot of lazy and rushed programming
    Now I get it, they wanted to rush it out to beat CDPR to the punch, they wanted to take advantage of everyone being stuck in various stages of lockdown but really the game needed several more months of polish, what we have now is nowhere near as good at Odyssey was on release day.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

@swedishelk The graphics are not great at all... the textures are very low detailed unless its the character models and tree's... and the Draw Distance is diabolical, the ground has no depth, it's all flat, the rocks are squared and unnatural looking.. this is 1000% Alpha...... looking into the distance in Valhalla is like looking at a ps1 game.. veeery low pixel and no grass or detail... but they hide it with fog

• Raski0611
    107 posts

Ubisoft made big mistake hiring the devs who created face animation and story in mass effect andromeda and put them in charge for audio and quality control in ac valhalla.

• guest-udh6e0GF
    2 posts

I agree this is an absolute horrible game in general and probably the worst in the series, full of bugs to the point it's not fun to play at all, the map and scenery is extremely boring, gameplay action is horrible the fighting is horrible the story is horrible the side missions are horrible. Anyone who says they enjoy this game I think are in denial because they sont want to admit they just wasted atleast 60$

Compared to odyssey it is an embarrassment in every aspect, lol even just the climbing is garbage

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@guest-udh6e0gf Can't share your opinion.

Landscapes are awesome, I love the fighting, Parkour oppurtunities are back (mechanics are broken since Origins and still not fixed), story is extremly superior to Odysseys. I had to stop playing Odyssey and come back a year later to finish it. Enjoyed Valhalla from beginning to end. Side missions are nearly non existant but what's there is way better than anything you can find in Odyssey. (Randvi date, Petra mushroom trip etc., side quest unlocking "Mans best friend" ability)

I am so much looking forward for the DLCs 🙂

Edit: The problem at hand is more that you can't imagine that other people enjoy the game. This is a you problem.

• Max18400
    400 posts

@souldrinkerlp gotta disagree with you there.
    Story falls short in Vahalla. It's disappointing and ends on such a anti-climax. Especially the historical ending.
    I felt that Odyssey's ending (not including dlc) was far more satisfying and enjoyable and made a lot more sense. Vahalla literally ends before a massive event happens that changes the entire political structure of England-game wise it would have been a good place to end it as it set up a status quo in England that lasted for years. Odyssey's main story when there was peace for a few years between Athens and sparta, so it made sense for the narrative to end there. I've not been invested in the modern story of assassin creed for a while, but still didn't really like how they ended it.
    Obviously this does come down to opinion, but just narrative-wise and historically, where it ends does not make sense nor is it satisfying
    Some of the side quests in vahalla aren't great, besides a few exceptions.
    I do enjoy the game, but it needs a lot of work and it needs improvement.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@max18400 There are only 5 side quests in total...

And story isn't just about the ending. The ending is in modern time. The story started with Layla going into the animus spoiler

Compare it to AC2. Ezios story wasn't finished obviously. Same with Altair in AC1. The reason why we go back in history isn't to get a satisfactory historical ending but to get something in modern time we expect there to be.

Of course I would wish for a second game with Eivor or a 2nd Season Pass. I like Eivor. But I don't need to see where his/her story ends to be satisfied. As the story is connected and that's exactly what I expect from an AC game. I would be fine with "the Ezio Treatment" for Eivor.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics