Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • arathad
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi,

I have flickering shadows issue with the game... I have the lastest nvidia drivers installed.

Specs : RTX 2070 Super, Core i7 8700, 16 gb ddr4 2400mhz

I had no issues with shadows on older, three months old drivers, but the game kept crashing so I installed the new ones. After installing them, the shadows completely disappeared - I have tried verifying the game files, also I have reinstalled the drivers by first using DDU (Displayer Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode and installed the newest ones again fresh. The issue now is that the shadows are there again, but flickering on/off almost all the time. The game is basically unplayable... I have already spent like 3 hours troubleshooting this....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• arathad
    Original poster 8 posts

I noticed that if I modify the Nvidia Control panel profile on Assassins creed valhalla, for example adding 16x AF or using half refresh v-sync, the game will have shadows completely turned off.

When I reset this profile to default, the game has shadows again, but they are turning off when looking towards the ground. I guess that's why some people think installing new drivers fixed it, because it reset their profiles. Still, they flicker when you look at the ground..

• arathad
    Original poster 8 posts

I noticed that if I modify the Nvidia Control panel profile on Assassins creed valhalla, for example adding 16x AF or using half refresh v-sync, the game will have shadows completely turned off.

When I reset this profile to default, the game has shadows again, but they are turning off when looking towards the ground. I guess that's why some people think installing new drivers fixed it, because it reset their profiles. Still, they flicker when you look at the ground..

• arathad
    Original poster 8 posts

I rolled back to drivers from august, shadows are completely fixed for me. There is another issue however.... the game crashes when using dynamic resolution scaling. Which is needed for me because that's the only way I can get 60 fps on 1440p monitor. Without it I have to play at 1080p if I want to use ultra preset..... I guess I have to wait for new drivers...

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 586 posts

Sorry for the late response, due to the high volume of contacts it has taken longer than usual to respond. 

As this is an old thread I have locked it. If you are still experiencing issues please try the troubleshooting steps in the support article here.
    If the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you. 

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics