Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zoneon18
    Original poster 3 posts

So I've been waiting for over 5 months after preordering this game and it wont even launch. When i start the game from uplay it shows the small valhalla logo for like 3 minutes, then the game starts and when it reaches the screen where it warns you if you suffer from epilepsy and such, it just freezes there. It has been on that screen for over 15 minutes. I have tried restarting, verifying game files, running the thing under support files and running as administrator. Nothing works.
    Im playing on a laptop with rtx 2060 and intel core i7 9th gen.

Thanks.

Edit: i forgot to add, in the previous 2 games (AC:Origins and AC:Odyssey) you could skip this screen by clicking anywhere, the cursor doesnt even show up.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Azzygale
    2 posts

@zoneon18 I'v managed to get passed that bit... I managed to start the game but as soon as it loads it's lagging and then the first part when "your a young lad" it's just a black screen. I either sit there just hearing people talk on a black screen or it crashes and closes down. I've read a lot today and still don't know if it's my laptop or Ubisoft that's the problem.... I'm hoping it's Ubisoft. I didn't have any problems with watchdog. I can't help you with you're problem but just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one having problems.

• Zoneon18
    Original poster 3 posts

@azzygale
    I see. We'll I sure too am hoping that the issue is on Ubisofts part. Can I ask you, how did you get past the warning screen part?

• Azzygale
    2 posts

@zoneon18 I've not had that problem. The game has always loaded up as normal to the main menu. Many of times may I add as I've been trying to sort out how to get pass my black screen changing graphics etc for a good few hours

• Zoneon18
    Original poster 3 posts

@azzygale
    Oh sorry I misunderstood your reply.
    I've also trying to fix this for a while. Maybe the servers are overflowed.

• robin-play4
    1 posts

Do you still have this problem to this day because i just bought it and I am having the same trouble where it gets stuck on the "warning: read before playing" screen?

• pitas430
    4 posts

@zoneon18 have exacly same as you

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

I had similar problems getting the game to run. Ubisoft Connect is installed in the default C : location on my NVME boot drive, Windows 10 Pro 20H2, latest Radeon Software drivers 20.11.1, latest BIOS and other drivers, kb/m and DS4. I haven't used the service since a fresh windows install a few weeks back. I subbed to Ubi+ and downloaded and installed ACV onto a data SSD that contains Odyssey, my D : drive. I launched the game and caught a quick blurb about some redistributable software being installed. The teal ACV logo screen seemed to be stuck for maybe 30s but then the splash screens all loaded and game setup began. I made it to the 3rd setup screen and the game froze with audio playing allowing me to ALT-TAB out and then requiring a force close in Task Manager. I had the Radeon Performance Overlay open in the top right corner and could see GPU utilization disappeared back to desktop settings; FPS dropped from 60 to none when the crash happened and the GPU quieted down. I tried again a few times including a reboot, reverting from my normally stable 5700XT OC/UV settings to factory GPU settings and had the same problem, sometimes freezing sooner but never going beyond the 3rd setup screen, the game did launch quicker now to splash and setup and the AC logo screen lasted maybe 10s now. A quick search lead to some users moving the install to their C : boot drive AND removing the apostrophe " ' " to get the game to run so I did this, moving the game folder into the Ubisoft Connect /games folder and renaming the folder to ACV, but now Ubisoft Connect would not show my Games or show settings or anything from the 3-line hamburger menu so I couldn't run the verify new game location routine. I uninstalled Ubisoft Connect, rebooted, reinstalled Ubisoft Connect and was now able to select the new C : boot drive location, without needing to re-download, and run the file verification routine for added measure which came back fine. I launched the game, the redistributable software blurb again appeared, and now I was able to get through all setup screens to the main start screen with Options, New Game and Benchmark appearing. I messed around with graphic settings and ran benchmarks for a half hour and played the game for a couple hours before saving and ending for the night with no more problems. The game ran fine now even using my OC/UV 5700 XT settings.

TL:DR: My fix to get to the actual start screen to access options, benchmark and new game and finally play the game was to uninstall and reinstall Ubisoft Connect, install the game on the C : OS boot drive in the default Ubisoft Connect location while also renaming the game's folder from "Asassin's Creed Valhalla" to "ACV" as some users claim the apostrophe can cause problems, not sure if true. Also, I am in online mode, not offline.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics