Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MythicPancakes
    Original poster 4 posts

I preloaded the game yesterday and experienced the game at launch, and played for about 5 hours. Went to sleep and as soon as I woke up I got a 16GB update!

Is it just me and my files are corrupted, or for real we have a 16GB day one update on Ubisoft Connect? I read the day one was gonna be a small sized one. WTH!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MythicPancakes
    Original poster 4 posts

Edit: Im able to play in offline mode tho. Don't know what those 16GB are for. Ubisoft, can you answer, please?

• MythicPancakes
    Original poster 4 posts

Thanks Odin I'm a very cautious man. I made a backup of the files due to my Internet connection being slow af.
    If you are having this same problem:

If you have fast internet: re-redownload

If your internet is garbage (like mine):

1. Be sure to have a backup file (your saves will be stored in the cloud so no worries)
    2. Completely close Ubisoft Connect
    3. Go to your folder where AC Valhalla is and delete all the files. ONLY THE FILES NOT THE FOLDER
    4. Copy your backup files and paste them into the AC Valhalla folder.
    5. Open Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) and go to your games libraries
    6. Click on AC Valhalla
    7. The "Play" button should be available and it no longer should say "Update"
    8. During this step you would be able to "enjoy"...

sadly AC Valhalla is very poorly optimized. I'm unable to get somewhat decent framerates, the game partnered with Ryzen cause the experience is supposed to be "better" but Why the hell would you need a Ryzen CPU when your GPU is taking the whole processing. My 1050ti is at 68-98% under stress and my CPU is working at 13%! [censored] Ubisoft, my CPU should be the one carrying the game.

Specs:

• Ryzen 7 3700X
    • GTX 1050ti
    • Asus B450-F Strix
    • 16GB Corsair RGB PRO
    • WD 1TB 7200 rpm

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1515 posts

Sorry for the late response, due to the high volume of contacts it has taken longer than usual to respond. 

As this is an old thread I have locked it. I am unsure what the 16GB update was for, it may have been related to the day one patch update.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics