Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CaptKShea13
    Original poster 6 posts

I opened the game, it did an update, went through the whole opening scenes, got to where Laila was talking and the Xbox cut off completely. When I go to continue now it just keep cutting off. Any solutions?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sukmadeek
    1 posts

I am also experiencing this exact same issue at this exact same spot. It appears something about this scene is triggering the X-box One's overheating protection protocol and shutting down the Xbox. Has anyone else seen this happening or heard of a solution being worked on?

• vandewar
    4 posts

Same here, but in a different spot. Happens when he is on the ice with the wolf, almost at the beginning. I can faithful recreate at the exact same spot, over and over. Shuts the Xbox down and suggests it is overheating ( it is not)

• nightassasin182
    1 posts

Same here bought the game earlier and just got home to play it from work and doing the same thing at the same spot

• wkheath
    1 posts

I am also experiencing this bug. Xbox is definitely not overheated. Tried deleting and re-installing but it crashes in the exact same spot every time.

• walterkopatz
    7 posts

@vandewar

same here, same spot on xbox one x

• Optimuspayn3
    1 posts

Yup, same thing is happening to me on Xbox one X. I get to the wolf on ice/gender selection scene at the very beginning, and the Xbox just cuts off every single time. I’ve redwnloaded the game, deleted my save data and started fresh, with no fix in site.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 420 posts

Hey folks,

I am sorry to hear you are encountering this crashing error.

Do you get the specific pop-up that your Xbox shut to prevent overheating? Are you all playing on Xbox One X?

Official Response
  • CaptKShea13
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-swaggins Yes I get the screen about over heating each time I have to reboot the Xbox One X. Now when I go in and continue the game it shows an adult man, that changes to a child and then crashes again.

• vandewar
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins

yes, Xbox One X. It completely shuts down the box. When the Xbox is restarted, the overheating explanation comes up (This is why your Xbox shut down, etc, click to continue)

• walterkopatz
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    yes xbox one and overheating pop-up

• walterkopatz
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins

by reading other posts, the exact same problem seems to appear on the new Xbox Series X as well

• CaptKShea13
    Original poster 6 posts

@walterkopatz Crazy!!! I spent a lot of money on this game and not being able to play at all sucks.

• destinywaste1
    5 posts

Same issue at the same time in the game for me. The game is literally unplayable and I'm very disappointed. I took two days off from work to play it on launch day.

EDIT: Wanted to include that I pre-ordered this game on the Xbox live store and am playing on xbox one x. I reinstalled and the game crashes the exact same moment.

• CaptKShea13
    Original poster 6 posts

@destinywaste1 Same with me, however I have two Xbox One x’s in the house. Granted one is my spouses and they were able to download it from the shared library and is able to play with no issue. So odd!!

• Bothanman
    1 posts

I'm on Xbox Series X, and this happens to me right at the start.

Got the game today, installed from disc with the patch, and I always crash as the kid in either the first or second room after the intro cutscene.

• destinywaste1
    5 posts

Does anyone have a workaround for this? The system turning off has happened before to me with a couple games, but changing the visual settings has helped get past it. I don't see any options in AC:V.

• jaesima
    1 posts

<SOLUTION>

Was having the same issue for the past few days. If hold alternative was on when starting the opening sequence, my xbox one x would crash and turn off. When turn the console back on, it was giving me an overheating message. If hold alternative was turned on when starting the sequence it would get to the gender selection but would not except any inputs.

<TL;DR> Seem to have found a work around. Before starting the opening scene, make sure the hold alternative is ON. Right before the animus glitches, a wide shot of the kid on the ice pause, the game and change hold alternative to OFF. This has to be done at the last possible moment. If the Animus glitch effect show up it's too late. A real pain in the [censored], but I'm now in the main game.

• walterkopatz
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins

I focused on the overheating issue .. took the Xbox out of the TV cabinet and placed it on the floor .. now I can play the game without any problems. Maybe it's really about a few degrees more or less that make the difference

• CaptKShea13
    Original poster 6 posts

@jaesima What is the hold alternative?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics