Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• colbcob
    Original poster 9 posts

My game starts up with pretty low frames, and crashes or stops responding before I can interact with any part of the story. I find this odd since even though I don't have the beefiest computer, I can run Watch Dogs: Legion and AC Odyssey very well on low-medium settings. But it must be a different problem seeing as even the game menu will start up and run very poorly. I have also installed the day one update and nothing changed.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Misfire551
    2 posts

I've just got my Xbox Series X and copy of Valhalla today and the game keeps crashing immediately following the opening cinematic. 

The seer stops talking and the camera zooms through the glowing hole in the wall. I get a white screen with the auto save logo in the corner, the sound of people talking in the background and a door or chest being opened, then the game crashes. It either crashes to the home screen, or it shuts down the Xbox in a way that leaves the controller still going.

If I go back into the game and reload the auto save that's been created, I might get a view of a lamp sitting on a table before it freezes and crashes again.

I have reinstalled the game three times and factory reset my Xbox once and it hasn't resolved the issue. Has anyone else reported this issue, or should I be concerned there's a problem with either the game disc or the console?

• plebeianbandit
    1 posts

I have the same issue on pc every single time without fail it crashes in the same spot.

• meokolie
    1 posts

Same issue for me as he axes the wolf, can't play the game

• walterkopatz
    7 posts

Same issue for me as he axes the wolf, can't play the game

> Same issue for me, same place, Xbox One

• colbcob
    Original poster 9 posts

@colbcob I took a clip but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to share it. The game crashed 9/10 times on the white screen right before you get to play as young Eivor and when it does get to that point it runs terribly before freezing after a few seconds. I can see many other people are having similar problems and I hope they all get fixed because I was very excited for this game.

• packmanblack2
    13 posts

@colbcob i almost have the same problem i get stuck at the same screen but my game dont crash it just get stuck loading for ever so i hope they fix this isue fast bc i am starting to get pretty mad about this

• packmanblack2
    13 posts

@Ubi-Spud this is a video of the problem i have

• pekousek
    4 posts

@packmanblack2 I have same problem...

• frolama
    1 posts

@packmanblack2 Have exactly same problem . Also game crash when entering shop from main menu.

• packmanblack2
    13 posts

@Ubi-Frons
    @Ubi-Cuddles
    @Ubi-Woofer
    @Ubi-Fractal
    @Ubi-AtomicMan
    @Ubi-Litten

sombody help with this problem

• Monster-1973
    4 posts

@packmanblack2 by me us also the same

• johanvdh
    5 posts

@packmanblack2 have exactly the same issue - have to ctrl/alt/del out - have tried from Epic store and Ubisoft connect - small difference in the white screen, but same problem

• packmanblack2
    13 posts

@monster-1973 like this post so we can upvote it
    @johanvdh

• colbcob
    Original poster 9 posts

@packmanblack2 yes this is exactly what happened to me thanks for the video

• Thodwrass
    2 posts

@misfire551 same issue on series x. Thinking about a refund.

• colbcob
    Original poster 9 posts

@colbcob I'm trying to be patient but it's pretty infuriating that so many people are having issues post launch, we just want to play. It would be great if there was at least some kind of compensation.

• Lundkvist14
    1 posts

have the same problem..

• Arne_Ma
    2 posts

Same here (white freeze like in the video)

Suggested Topics