Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OPWAzraith
    Original poster 2 posts

I'm getting massive stuttering about every 30-40 seconds where my FPS essentially drops to zero and I get audio glitching whenever I use my XBox One wireless controller to play the game. I'm using it via bluetooth. Whenever I turn it off, or change the settings in the game to KBM, it works fine. Is this a known issue/any fixes for it at this time?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@opwazraith Hey opwazraith! I'm sorry to hear about these FPS drops and audio glitches you're experiencing on your PC while using a wireless Xbox One controller. Does this issue change at all when you use the same controller, but connected via cable?

Official Response
  • OPWAzraith
    Original poster 2 posts

Sorry about the late reply. No, when testing it via a USB cable after an initial stutter when it first connects it seems to play fine afterwards. The only heavy drops/stuttering I see is when I use my controller via bluetooth.

• Draeoth
    29 posts

If i connect my wireless xbox one controller before starting the game the save icon screen before the menu and after clicking continue the game takes 20-30 minutes to load. if i wait to connect my controller until after the game loads the the game loads quickly but shortly after the controller connects the game freezes.

• Phalandir
    13 posts

Take my Beer Bro... 😉
    I have the same thing.
    Play with keybord and mouse:
    PERFECTION
    Play with xbox one wireless controller:
    Game runs very slow in menus and freeze on screen with "saving icon". And i don't have sounds in menus.

• Richie_IGL
    7 posts

@draeoth Go into Options - controlls and change the input from Hybrid to your controller. I had the same issue, this fixed it for me.

• Phalandir
    13 posts

I tried change this option.

Nothing change.

• Draeoth
    29 posts

i tried changing to controller instead of hybrid and im still having the issue. i do appreciate u trying to help

• Phalandir
    13 posts

@draeoth
    We must find the same thing on your PC and Mine.
    Do you have Asus Aura?

• Draeoth
    29 posts

@phalandir i do not have asus aura

• Draeoth
    29 posts

i got a reply from ubisoft on another post i made about this. they recommended verifying the game files and try using the controller with a wired connection. neither fixed the issue for me but it may work for u if u want to try.

• UbiExcellent

@draeoth Hi folks! If you haven't already, please create a support ticket about this and include your system files. This should help us locate the cause of the issue and work towards a solution.

Official Response
  • Draeoth
    29 posts

below is the link to my other post about this issue and i no longer have the long load screens so id give these steps a try.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77818/can-t-reach-main-menu/3?_=1605313417164

• ratm301
    1 posts

@ubiexcellent I have the exactly same issue.
    I look like a common issue with xbox controller on PC when googling it. Please fix it asap.

• NightTimeHornet
    2 posts

Sorry for the necro but I just experienced a similar problem.
    For me it was the Bluetooth controller causing the issue, and in my case it was because of weak signal to the Bluetooth receiver. Playing with it wired was fine.
    Once I plugged in the antenna that came with my mobo it solved all audio stuttering issues.

• UbiExcellent

@nighttimehornet Thanks for sharing what resolved this issue for you!

Official Response
  • KyleOren
    1 posts

This fix worked for me from this post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-controller-causing-fps-lag/abc584cc-a5bb-4900-a54d-4a125074d401

The fix:

1. Install Steam
    2. Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings
    3. Check "xbox configuration support"
    4. Games > Add a non-steam game to my library
    5. Click Browse
    6. Browse to your UPlay folder and select the Trials Fusion executable
    7. Run the game from within Steam. Hold the controller behind your back. It runs at a solid framerate!

• JegalTheHuman
    1 posts

SOLVED

Settings > Xbox Game Bar > Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller: (Xbox button)

For any unfortunate souls who make it to these parts like I did. The setting above is the culprit. Uncheck this. Happy adventures.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @KyleOren and @JegalTheHuman!

Thank you for your updates!

We're glad that this issue has been resolved for you. Happy gaming and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics