Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RuethyIsHere
    Original poster 1 posts

my game will just crash at loading screen right after layla lies down into the machine i had no other problems with the game but this one i can start a new game just fine but really dont want to grind that all over again any idea to a fix?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Brundle_Fly76
    1 posts

Have the same problem. Tried redownloading and installing. Verified files with no errors. Anyone?

• Da_Djoker
    2 posts

Crashing on the Animus screen every single time I finish the cinematic of leaving Norway.
    Couple of friends went to England just fine! Is this GPU related?

I got a 1080Ti.. #FeelsBadMan

• Da_Djoker
    2 posts

I just got a workaround for this..
    Delete a small file from the game files.. Verify through Uplay..It will re-download the file saying "Multiple Files Corrupted".
    It worked for me immediately!
    @Brundle_Fly76 @RuethyIsHere

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

@da_djoker Thank you for sharing this workaround.

Can anyone confirm if this does not work for them?

Official Response
  • Dlsqueak1102
    1 posts

I have tried this a few times and can confirm this does not work for me. I did make some progress...before it would just show the loading screen with the icon on the bottom right then crash after 45 seconds or so. Now, after doing the workaround above, it shows my character in the loading environment where I can run around, but then crashes after about 15 seconds.

• rastaroket9
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins Yes, it is the same thing!!

• DJ.R3D
    4 posts

Hello guys,

did anyone got a fix now? because i encounter the same problem. right after i leave the animus for first time it is everthing alright, but if i go back into animus, to travel to new england, i hear just sounds, black screen and crash - once get the loading ac logo in the right lower corner with black screen and than crash.

i tried everthing from above. while i write this text, i uninstall ac valhalla and download / install it again, i hope this fix it for me, but if not, would be another fix for it very nice.

• DJ.R3D
    4 posts

@dj-r3d Nope, uninstall / new download install doesn't helped to solve this

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1228 posts

Hey @dj-r3d , thanks for reaching out about this. That's very unusual indeed!

It's great to hear you've already tried reinstalling, which we'd usually recommend doing by verifying the game files. There's a few other steps from our troubleshooting guide I'd like to invite you to try, if you didn't already. In particular, make sure your graphics drivers and operating system are fully updated, and make sure no background programs are causing conflicts.

If that doesn't help, In this case, we'll be able to troubleshoot further with the help of some system files - a DxDiag.txt and an MsInfo.txt. The article I've linked there will show you how to find each of them.

Once you have those files, you can reach out to us via any of the links below, to send them across, and we'll be able to use them to investigate the issue.

https://ubi.li/support
    https://ubi.li/twitter
    https://ubi.li/facebook

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps at all!

Official Response
  • DJ.R3D
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hey, i played until i need to leave to england without any problems and still without the newest patch for my nvidia gtx 980ti and were able to play on highest settings. After the first crash, i tried to go back to an older savegame i took manually and even older auto savegames - none of them are working anymore.

I backed them up now and deleted them ingame, started new game and voila, no problem. Seems like the savegame gone corrupt, even if i dont how the older ones gone corrupt too? Are they linked together somehow?

So, now i play little bit faster to get to this point again to see if this happens again or maybe sooner this time which i don't hope.

i let you know if the problem solved once and for all

• DJ.R3D
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney yes, my savegame corrupted somehow - with a fresh start of a new game no crash and i am now in england 🙂
    maybe the problem was, that i start to play half a year ago with the not updated game / savegame - and didnt played it for half a year till now. So a fresh new start was the best i think.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4185 posts

Thanks for the update, @DJ-R3D! I'm sorry to hear that your data was corrupted, and for any loss of progress caused. I'm happy to hear that you haven't encountered any further crashes after starting a new game, though 😄

If you encounter any further trouble during your viking adventures, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll gladly investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics