Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RealBleada
    Original poster 1 posts
    Hello everyone, it's already the second time I download the game but it keeps giving me the same error when starting: "unable to start the program because d3d12.dll is not present"
    I downloaded the game via Ubisoft + and tried to download the game first on one hard drive and then on the other but the error remains.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ucazz81
    1 posts

ME TOOOOO
    SAME

• dominiqeffect
    3 posts

@realbleada
    Same problem. WD: Legion work properly but AC Vall. not.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been occurring.

The first thing we'd advise, if you haven't already, please try reinstalling the Supporting Software via the steps here.

Additionally what GPUs are you guys using?

Official Response
  • dominiqeffect
    3 posts

@ubi-baron GTX 1070
    WD Legion and all other AC works with no problems, only AC:Vall have it 😞

• dominiqeffect
    3 posts
  • Ubi-Baron

@dominiqeffect Thank you for getting back to us.

To help us take a look into this further for you, please speak with the Support Agent through one of the channels below:

Official Response
  • mrfiber80
    1 posts

Same issue for me.

• Cristi351
    10 posts

Same problem DD3d12.dll is missing , i reinstal all and for nothing ... what is the solution ?? Oddyssey , origins and all running only valhala don t start ...

• Ubi-Baron

@cristi351 As mentioned we'd advise getting in touch through one of the channels linked above, so we can look into this with your system files.

Official Response
  • Apollon313
    1 posts

Hey Guys,

same problem here.
    Could someone of you already fix the issue?
    And which system are you using? Also Win7 I guess?

Best,
    Apollon

• Ubi-Baron

@apollon313 We're sorry to hear you've been seeing that.

As mentioned above, we would advise getting in touch with a Support Agent directly so we can look into this with your system files.

Official Response
  • Melvin73081
    1 posts

i have also the same orror
    use win 8.1

how can i fix it

• zomby_juju
    1 posts

Hello, d3d12.dll is coming with DirectX 12 which is not supported by Windows 7 and 8.1.
    You'll have to upgrade to Windows 10 if you want to play to this game.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/missing-dll-d3d12dll/a11cca24-47f6-462d-b5a4-e7e28ee1bd18

• Ubi-Baron

@melvin73081 As helpfully mentioned by zomby_juju, AC Valhalla does not support Operating Systems below Windows 10.

Official Response
  • drakmiere
    1 posts

Well seems to be that blizzard got this directx12 updated for their users of warcraft who where using win 7 etc, so its about time ubisoft did the same for its users of ACV or we could all just return you're product and get our money back, I for one will not be forced onto the spyware platform known as win10 especially as I do not like win 10 in the slightest.

• ceanacraig
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ceanacraig
    3 posts

I just discovered that Win 8.1, even 64 bit, does not support DirectX 12. Those are the files that are missing. That is the actual answer to this problem, unless people have Win 10 on their computer. Thanks!

• ceanacraig
    3 posts

@drakmiere I'm with you. I'm not keen on upgrading. I would love to know how Blizzard made DX 12 compatible with Win 7. That sounds like it is some heavy OS architectural changes.... I'm a bit skeptical. I'm installing this on my son's computer. I need to build myself a new tower this year. I'll keep this laptop at Win 8.1, and install Win 10 on the new tower. We found that the new hardware isn't compatible with Win 7, which my son used to have. I'll just not use an MS account and not build-in a camera function, plus disable my microphone, as I always do, and not use any cloud services, OneDrive, etc. When I was young, the computer was the safest place for your data. Now, it's your desk drawer. LOL

Suggested Topics