Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SinfulDanTheMan
    57 posts

@gensui-musashi

I just noticed, this game takes place in what is basically a big wet swamp. but you dont even LEAVE ANY FOOTPRINTS in the mud. Also you never get any MUD ON YOUR BOOTS.
    This completely blows my mind. Leaving footprints has been basically a shoe-in (pun) in any decent game from the last 5 years. That's just one more example of what seems like an incomplete, rushed game that is very last-gen in many of its graphical features. 😕

undefined

• Ganossa_
    58 posts

@cnrjay don't bother. At this point people are just trolling. They cannot accept that Ubisoft is the company that just released a game with the to date best open world graphics. To be honest, it came to a surprise for me too when I started up the game for the first time, but all of us who actually played the game (on PC), know this for a fact.

I mean, look at this LOD. It is literally like a painting.
    undefined

And the detail in just one picture like in no other game.
    undefined

undefined

• dbgager
    158 posts

@sinfuldantheman What game do you leave footprints in mud. NO game for the last 5 years that I know of.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

@gcc1984 well some of dont play on PC. Graphics are pretty good. Outside animus looks more realistic than in animus but my opinion but still looks good.

I dont normally get on forums. I still play on console currently.
    Finding glitches but outside that & overall problems with changes in game. Its ok.

• SinfulDanTheMan
    57 posts

@dbgager

Not sure where you've been, mate. It's pretty common for AAA games. Two big ones for starters: Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn. The latter of which looks WAY better that Valhalla, especially in the woods. It even has ants crawling on fallen logs.

• Ganossa_
    58 posts

@sinfuldantheman Valhalla leaves foot prints in some of the mud by the way but we anyway already established that you are trolling.

Just keep lying to yourself.

undefined

undefined

please remind me when you saw these type of realistic graphics in any other game?
    ---------------

@Chevy_man2010 I didn't mean any disrespect to console players, its just that I can only speak for PC as that is the only experience I have in Valhalla.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@sinfuldantheman WItcher 3 has no footprints in mud. Neither does Horizon Zero Dawn.

• Mayc_
    3 posts

the graphics are great, what happens is that the antialising produces a lot of blur. I thought at first that it looked worse than oddysei, try to put the nvidia sharpness filter and change the game completely. I do not know why the developers have not put the sharpness filter in the settings

• SinfulDanTheMan
    57 posts

@sinfuldantheman

1) super repetitive textures, especially at medium distance. all the vegetation looks like place-holders for the actual design that never implemented. They're all the exact same size! It's very odd.

undefined

2) lazy design as in this instance, all these "farmers" literally just stand motionless in their fields. in previous AC games, people would be doing things. this looks like a zombie apocalypse undefined

ill try and get footprint in mud examples later. i'm not trolling, these are my real thoughts, and many people agree with me

• PierreAngelique
    28 posts

@mayc_ Yes good point I think that is it, the AA is really blurry. Similar to RDR2 on pc, that game hurt my eyes because of how blurry the AA was.

• martygod12
    237 posts

@gcc1984 As a counterpoint to that, look at this

https://ibb.co/ZSChyZG

what it that ridiculous draw distance? In a 2020 next gen game really?

Capturet on PC at Ultra setting, so I dont know, game sometimes looks amazing, but then you see someting like this and you are like really? In 2020 such ugly draw distance and LOD textures.

But your pics are looking amazing my game just dont look that good, what are you playing at? How come your LOD detail is so great?

• ToffeeRS
    1 posts

@ehllfhire1 I am playing at 3090 in 4k, all maximum, scaling at 130%, and in most cases the graphics look very bad for 2020. Vegetation is drawn at a distance of 20 meters, animation of birds 2 fps. I hope the developers will fix this garbage, the game has a lot of potential.

• kmansp31
    45 posts

It does seem like sometimes the graphics downgrade on their own. It's almost like adaptive AA is enabled even though its not, and the graphics occasionally downgrade to the point where they look like a lower resoultution. It's odd.

• Ebonzone
    26 posts

@sodda This, increase the distance to which the hair starts going to valhalla, or disable it for the hair completely.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

I like how this game looks. This is mostly due to world design. Indeed, the world is stunning. But technically it does have issues I don't like. Character models (faces in particular) look dated. Grass render distance is too short (at least for a modern PC) and there should be an option to increase that. Also, as I mentioned in THIS POST, Eivor's LOD distance is way too short resulting in model looking noticeably different depending on camera distance.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • I_Am_David_
    10 posts

@toffeers I've noticed that things like doors and a lot of small detail stuff which makes a virtual world feel alive are incredibly bad, something as trivial as a door literally look like it's from minecraft.

• LUCIEN_AUS
    11 posts

Maybe it’s your monitor or GPU?
    I just went out and bought a new 43 inch 4K 120hz monitor with the 3090 and the graphics look stunning

• kmansp31
    45 posts

@gcc1984 I think these photos are spot on and a fair reflection of how incredible the game can look. I've noticed distance shots look absolutely amazing.

Some parts of the game however- usually up close- look almost like a lower resolution. And when I got to vinland, it almost seemed like there was a graphics downgrade compared to england.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

Some more amazing photos 🙂 Of course the game doesn't ALWAYS look like this but RDR2 and Odyssey didn't either

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics