Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eibbor828
    1 posts

Has there been any progression with this? I've seen acknowledgements of other issues by the devs but nothing mentioning the Mild Hunt bug. This thread is about the only place! Please help! I don't want to restart with so many hours in!

@Ubi-Woofer any news??

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences of this issue here in this thread. I haven't heard anything further from the developers since my last update of my report, but I've given them a nudge now to hopefully get some news or at least know what information they need to look further into this! I'll post an update as soon as I know more. 🙂

@CoziestTiger For your specific issue with Extended Family, please refer to and post in this thread. Do not derail other threads like this one discussing an unrelated issue. Thank you.

@Jkuehnert The developers are still looking into this so I'm afraid I can't comment on whether reloading a previous save would be necessary in order to proceed later. 😞 As IFrike mentioned on the previous page, this mini quest does not appear in the quest log, so I am not aware of it being tied to 100% completion of the game. I'll ask about this though to be sure, as I certainly want to go for that 100% myself!

@sportnicky I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with Assassin's Creed Valhalla. As mentioned above the developers are looking into this issue, and I'll keep everyone updated here in this thread as and when I receive news. The issue is when you begin The Seas of Fate that the task itself cannot be handed in, rather than the Legendary Elk, do the developers' understanding. So, if you try to hand in the antlers before starting that final quest in Norway, you should be fine. 🙂 If you have any extended feedback you'd like to share about the game, please do so over in our General Discussion area. 🙂

@maxkenji2 As above, the developers believe that the issue arises only when starting The Seas of Fate, rather than being caused by killing the Legendary Elk. It's something they're still looking into at the moment however, and I'll update everyone when I know more.

Official Response
  • Wyo307Ray82
    1 posts

Reindeer are at the peak above fornburg near Valka's hut. The lady in fornburg then tells you of the great elk hunt. I had to talk to her multiple times.

• EggKnobble
    36 posts

I had started the quest, but could not find much.
    So i stopped, continued with the story, killed and collected the last antler. Did not go to England.

Now the lady is gone to compleet the quest.
    Can you bring her back?

• Ubi-Woofer

@wyo307ray82 Thanks for helping out and advising where reindeer can be found for those still collecting the antlers! 🙂

To everyone - I'm still waiting on more information from the developers at the moment regarding this issue. As soon as I hear more about whether this behaviour is intended or planned to be fixed, I'll advise you.

To add to my personal experience of the issue - in my recent return to Norway (after 100+ hours of play) I've noticed the NPC has returned to being stood outside the house, but still cannot be spoken to. I'm keeping a close eye on her to see whether she ever becomes interactable again, and will keep you all updated on that as well. 👀

Official Response
  • Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@ubi-woofer can we expect payment for all the troubleshooting and testing we're doing? Or is this the price we pay for unwittingly signing up for free beta testing?
    2 months in and still the list of issues is bigger than what has been fixed.

• Psydswipe
    1 posts

After playing more than 130 hours I've finally encountered my first antler drop. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Yuletide event ending as that seemed to cause a lot of problems and my first two reindeer kills after the event ended both dropped antlers. Not positive which region of England I was in though it was somewhere around the middle west side of the map.

• Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@psydswipe And the best bit is that you can't hand the quest in now because you progressed the story too far 😄
    Just progressing as far as leaving norway is enough to break it. You know that point where a player might think "oh now is the time to mop up all those side quests in this region" .. yeah.
    Month 3 and not much progress..
    What really grinds my gears is the bad press cyperpunk2077 got, and this was given the all clear. While OK CP2077 has crashed a few times on the PS4... I have not yet encountered a single quest that was in some way broken or incompletable.
    Go figure....

• nightwalker88
    1 posts

completed the quest cant turn it in what is going on ubisoft do your job fix the game plz come on people payed hard money for this we didn't pay for a broken game

• Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@nightwalker88 We payed to beta test this game for them. I would kind of understand if this was a bizarre bug 15 hours deep in the game with a really obscure trigger.
    But this is THE VERY FIRST SIDEQUEST... and is broken by progressing the story to a point where you're about to leave the starting area and naturally think "lets go tidy up them side quests".
    The. mind. boggles.
    No words for it.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@eggknobble I have the same problem, although I only collected enough antlers after going to England. Now every time when I return to Fornburg (and I tried many times), the shopkeeper is nowhere to be found, although the shop icon is still there. Several patches (now 1.1.1) have not fixed this.

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

There's a point of no return in the main quest that'll block progression with that quest giver. It's a junk minor side quest that was supposed to give you a location of the Legendary Animal in the region which you can find by just being in the area on your own. The antlers were also a high price that early on to pay as they could be difficult to find, but do spawn near Seer's Hut. Once in England, there's a legit spawn place that'll have like 10-15 Reindeer at a time.

Truly a pointless quest with poor implementation. I believe the quest giver ends up in the longhouse during a cutscene on main quest before leaving for England, but she never returns to her hut nor leaves with you. Just ignore the quest and move on.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@bushwickedly I do know I can safely ignore this quest, but as the shop is still indicated as being a shop, there is still a bug to fix one way or the other. Why suggest something is (still) a shop when you can't go there to buy or sell stuff? It's not gamebreaking, but a bug is a bug.

• Kormac67
    584 posts

@hroozenbeek Do you still have this quest in your log? Mine vanished ages ago. Probably after traveling to England.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kormac67 It's not a full quest. It's a note named 'A Mild Hunt' in your inventory (section Quest Items). It is still there. I know that many items remain in your inventory even if you complete the associated quest (such as the 'Pending Deliveries'-note, also a Quest Item without it being a full quest; and I have five Order medallions in the 'Collectibles'-section even though I have finished the associated quests long ago), but I am quite certain that I never completed the delivery of the antlers.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2247 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update, following Ubi-Woofer's last post.

At this moment in time, I'm afraid we have no further information to share regarding this issue. The development team are still looking into this further. Once we have an update to share, it will be posted within the forums, so please keep an eye out. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this, and appreciate your ongoing patience as the team look into this further. In the meantime, please feel free to continue updating this thread with your experiences and any new information you think will be helpful to the investigation.

@Tink-Tank - I apologies that you've had this experience. If any compensation is to be offered to players, this will be shared on our official platforms and you should receive a notification in-game. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and will pass your feedback on.

@Psydswipe - I had trouble myself with collecting antlers in-game. I've recently noticed a sudden reindeer surge in England (notably near Rouecistre blockade in Cent and at the large lake south of Readingham Abbey in Hamtunscire. I'd recommend checking out these locations for more reindeer, as I was able to collect a good few antlers here!

Official Response
  • Font81
    19 posts

Why is this issue never in the Known list?

I bought the game 2 months ago and it was already a reported problem. I only started this quest by the time the story was at the mission "The seas of fate" I got the Antlers but t cannot interact with the woman at her house to turn in the Antlers.

Also the fast travel point near Valkas House is not available anymore...

• JPXOX
    1 posts

The quest in Norway "A Mild Hunt" is still bugged. The lady NPC is no longer there.

I have the reindeer antlers but the female disappeared after I fought the Elk. So I cannot complete this quest until the female NPC reappears. Please fix I'd like to complete the game.

There is a Reddit topic covering this.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/jrjanx/having_trouble_with_a_mild_hunt_quest/

• Ubi-Woofer

@Font81 - We have the issue listed in our reported issue megathread list, and I can approach the community team to see whether they could possibly add this issue to the Known Issues list. However, I cannot promise that it will be added. The task itself is not a formal quest, and does not impact 100% completion of the game, so please do not worry that this will be affected if you do not complete the task right away. 🙂 I'll let everyone know here in the thread as soon as I have any news.

@JPXOX - Hey there! Had you already started "The Seas of Fate" before fighting the Elk of Bloody Peaks? If so, this is what the developers have recognised as the cause of the NPC's disappearance, so please rest assured that they are looking further into this. As above, as this is a side task and not a main quest, your completion of the game will not be impacted if you do not complete this task right away.

Official Response
  • Empiremat
    3 posts

Still can’t access this quest to finish off. Again since they are not in the game still, everyone would love 2 big flatfish and 2 big mackerel for Easter if possible.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics