Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

@tink-tank It's may not be broken, the quest giver may just have moved on with the plot.

The Elk remains in the southern mountains fairly easy to find yourself, hence this quest remains available for you to complete.
    The only step now missed is that you are not told where it is.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts

Hey everyone 🙂

After progressing in the story after receiving this quest, I was unable to hand the reindeer antlers back in to the NPC. I've seen similar reports over in the Player Support section of this, so I've reported it to the devs to check whether this is intended to be a time-sensitive quest or not.

Once I know the answer I'll reply here and update you!

Official Response
  • Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Would this also apply to the Skadi's hobby trophy because I can't unlock it on a known location for it after I went back to Norway?

• Ubi-Woofer

Hello everyone! I've merged a few threads together to form this megathread, regarding the inability to complete the "A Mild Hunt" task. I've seen a couple of different issues for this - whether it be that the NPC dialogue repeats, or that she disappears after a certain point in the main story (I'm affected by this too 😢) - so I'd like to gather all of your reports here so that we can get as much information as possible in one place!

I've so far reported the issue with the NPC disappearing after a certain point to the devs, but I may need to raise a separate report for the issue with dialogue. The information I'll need to pass to the devs is as follows:

• Which quest is your current one in the questlog, when trying to complete "A Mild Hunt"?
    • Did you already travel to England and return to Norway?
    • Did you already defeat

spoiler
    before trying to hand in the reindeer antlers?

If you could also provide a video of the issue via a site such as YouTube, that would be amazing. Thank you all for your time!

Official Response
  • DeosamoX
    2 posts

@parkerpl same here

• DeosamoX
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer thanks for keeping track of this.

• When received I did not get any mission, just the letter.
    • Haven't defeated the legendary animal yet.
    • Completed this after leaving Norway
    • Had some issues finding the antlers but managed to get all 3
    • The hunter won't talk to me anymore!

Here's my video, I have the game in spanish.

Thanks,
    Sam

• GlucoseBear
    1 posts

I found all the reindeer antlers but upon returning I could only start mission that progressed me to England. Upon arriving in England I quickly fast traveled back to Norway but was still unable to speak to lady to give antlers. This is the last side quest I have to complete for the region and didn’t know if there was any to finish it. Thanks

• Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@magusz87 yep same here.

• Oui_Doguette
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Same here as @DeosamoX except the following:

• Haven't even met the Legendary Elk.
    • I tried to do the "quest" before leaving to England but I got the 3 antler at the time where my last mission was to leave to England so the NPC-s were not available anymore.
    • After building the hunters building in England I still can't add the antlers to the hunter.
    • I have 3 antlers and I have the "Mild Hunt" letter in my inbox.
    • I went back to Norway but can't speak with the lady at the Hunters Hut.

• Ubi-Woofer

Thanks for these details, DeosamoX and Oui_Doguette! I've added them to the investigation so the devs can see now.

I'll keep you all updated if I hear more back. Please continue to post the answers to my questions and any video links if you have them!

Official Response
  • Usarke
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer

• i've killed the legendary animal before trying to hand in antlers but after the first talk to hunter.
    • i've managed to get antlers after i came back from England,now i am not able to interact with hunter anymore.
    • Received the quest at the first visit in Fornburg.

• guest-lktkUESH
    1 posts

@meinchurro I have the same problem. I hope they fix this. I came back later after England to finish quest and sea gone

• MicciOnT
    4 posts

I finished the game, with almost 100%.. This quest is still open here, cant talk to her aswell. I really dont want to start a new game just because of this quest.

• rkwon10
    3 posts

@rkwon10 I misphrased - I was able to find the quest giver but she won't talk to me.

• IFrike
    22 posts

I cannot turn in this quest either. I already travelled to England, progressed to East Anglia and built the Hunter building in my settlement. I had not killed the Legendary Elk, or even learnt of its existence, yet I mentioned the Hunters at my settlement. The Legendary Elk was the only one marked as 'known' whereas all others are marked with a big '?' (if that is related to this quest?).

I'd also like to point out that this quest is even more of a bother since most of the actual reindeer I found in Norway are located right by the edge of the playable area - leading players straight out into the desync zone!

• DemonI81
    16 posts

Current quest: Glory Regained
    Traveled to England: Yes
    Killed Legendary: No

Got all antlers, woman will not speak to me.

• Dyngsur
    1 posts

Ubisoft!

How hard can it be for us to interact with a quest giver even even if we killed the ELK, and went to England?
    Just make us interact with the bloody NPC and let us complete the [censored] quest!

Its nothing hard at all!

The quest giver wants 3 deer antlers, you should be able to give em to the quest giver anyway. She gives some silver coins tell you where the elk is or tell you something, that I see that you killed the elk already and give som kudos for it.

I mean it aint hard and they can just script the NPC....

• Ubi-Woofer

Hello everyone, thanks for your continued reports of this issue. It has been reproduced by the devs and they have determined that up until starting "The Seas of Fate", it should not happen. From my personal experience, I only noticed the issue at that point - but if you noticed that you could not interact with the NPC prior to this quest, please advise me of this so that I can inform them that it can impact you earlier than that!

I have passed to the devs some screenshots from my own save game showing that I have the antlers, yet the note remains in my inventory and I cannot hand them in nor find the NPC to speak to after starting "The Seas of Fate". I'll include these screenshots below just in case anyone else is having a similar experience and would like to refer to them 🙂

undefined

undefined
    Thank you for your patience and understanding while this issue continues to be looked into. I will provide an update here as mentioned previously as soon as I know more about the issue and whether a fix is possible for it.

Official Response
  • CoziestTiger
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer can you please add unable to complete extended family quest to your list?

it’s at the point of fighting the wolf, once killed the confirm kill button does not show up on Xbox
    thanks,

• Jkuehnert
    4 posts

I am on sea of fate just before leaving the village to head to England. I don't see any way to turn in Antlers do i really need to load my game back before the one hunt you do based on the info she is supposed to give.

it really sucks to lose all my progress if that is only way. If she is still there after going to England and coming back why can’t t they just make it so you can turn in at anytime as part of completing Norway on your return. I spent 15 hours getting everything I could done in norway before doing the sea of fate mission only to hit this snag which will cost me 10 hours of work put in collecting everything i could.

let me know if anyone has a fix that does cost sacrificing my previous work to complete the mild hunt.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics