Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • JPXOX
    1 posts

The quest in Norway "A Mild Hunt" is still bugged. The lady NPC is no longer there.

I have the reindeer antlers but the female disappeared after I fought the Elk. So I cannot complete this quest until the female NPC reappears. Please fix I'd like to complete the game.

There is a Reddit topic covering this.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/jrjanx/having_trouble_with_a_mild_hunt_quest/

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@Font81 - We have the issue listed in our reported issue megathread list, and I can approach the community team to see whether they could possibly add this issue to the Known Issues list. However, I cannot promise that it will be added. The task itself is not a formal quest, and does not impact 100% completion of the game, so please do not worry that this will be affected if you do not complete the task right away. πŸ™‚ I'll let everyone know here in the thread as soon as I have any news.

@JPXOX - Hey there! Had you already started "The Seas of Fate" before fighting the Elk of Bloody Peaks? If so, this is what the developers have recognised as the cause of the NPC's disappearance, so please rest assured that they are looking further into this. As above, as this is a side task and not a main quest, your completion of the game will not be impacted if you do not complete this task right away.

Official Response
  • Empiremat
    1 posts

Still can’t access this quest to finish off. Again since they are not in the game still, everyone would love 2 big flatfish and 2 big mackerel for Easter if possible.

• FarronFox
    5 posts

I just thought I'd add to this topic since it is an issue for me too.

Anyway for such a long time I could only get one antler, no matter how many deer I killed. It was so crazy as I would see so many deer with antlers and I killed them but no antlers dropped! Anyway it was going on for too long so I decided to just leave Norway and hand the antlers in at a later stage.

Then after reading more on the internet on this quest I found theres actually a difference between 'deer' and 'reindeer' so even though there are plenty of deer with antlers, they don't drop any antlers! I really was just looking for antlers and not specifically 'reindeer'.

Anyway, I had found that out after I had left Norway, and so I went back to hand the three antlers in since I now finally had them, but the person who asked the quest of me is no longer accepting them from me. There is no longer any interaction from them. I'm yet to kill any legendary animals as well.

Can we please work on this bug so that the people who finally got the three antlers after they had left Norway can now return to hand them in? Otherwise we're just stuck holding onto three antlers and the piece of paper in our inventory waiting and hoping for the day that will come hoping we can do something with the items that were requested from us.

• Ubi-Woofer

@Empiremat - Please refer to our megathread here for the missing big flatfish and big mackerel. It's an issue we're keeping a close eye on and will continue to communicate regarding as soon as we receive new information from the developers. Thank you.

@FarronFox - Thank you for sharing your experience of this issue, and I apologise for any inconvenience it may be causing. I, too, have the note stuck in my inventory and cannot hand the antlers in, so I know exactly where you're coming from. πŸ™‚ As soon as I have any news regarding this issue with "A Mild Hunt" I will let everyone know here. As above, please do be aware that your game completion is not impacted by this side activity, so feel free to continue with the game in the meantime.

Official Response
  • oliolio1992
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi I just encountered this issue, does this affect my platinum trophy progress on the PS5? I may need to revisit a past save progressif it does.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey @oliolio1992! I've got the Platinum on PS4, and it wasn't required to do the "A Mild Hunt" side activity in order to achieve that, so I don't think there'll be any problem for you to earn all of the trophies. This task isn't a main quest or official world event, so you should be fine!

I'll keep you all updated with the latest progress on the investigation into this issue. πŸ™‚ I haven't received any additional news regarding a resolution just yet, but as soon as I do, I will let you all know. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@ubi-woofer Oh congratulations on the platinum.
    Problem with that though is I can't care less for the achievement meta.
    Can Ubisoft please fix the VERY FIRST side quest that becomes incompletable when you progress the starter region to its conclusion. You know the kind of time a player might think to clean up any remaining open side quests?
    The sheer fact that this happens at the very end of the starter region with the first side quest on offer just.. I can't even. I will state again this was not tested, or was and deemed not worth fixing. Given the fact we are now close to 6 months after release and everything else has been worked on we're not going to get a fix are we? I will not do the starting area over again. I will also not waste my money on you products again. Lets face it your tired formula peaked with Odessy.

@Bushwickedly Throwaway side quest... only kinda.
    The lady actually introduces you to your first Legeary animal.
    But even if it was... it frustrating that the very first side quest on offer was bugged in that the antlers did not drop making you think "oh I'll come back later" only to find that what you have completed the starter area, the most logical time most players think to tidy up any open side quests.. SURPRISE you can't..
    How they missed this is what's getting to me... if this was 15 hours deep in the game with some absurdly specific trigger... fine they missed it.. but this?!?
    Also how hard can the fix be?
    Anyway... had way more fun and less hassle with CP2077 despite the press praising this and throwing shade on the other πŸ™‚

• Tink-Tank
    31 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

Hey @tink-tank,

The investigation into this issue continues at the moment, and as soon as the developers have any additional information for us that we can share, we will do so. Please rest assured that reports of this issue are being forwarded, and we're updating this megathread with new information as soon as we have any to provide.

As I have mentioned to others, you are free to continue with the game in the meantime, as this issue is not progression-blocking. Thank you for your understanding. πŸ™‚

Official Response
  • DragonHale1
    8 posts

When I initially got the quest I immediately starter searching for the three antlers but no matter how many animals I killed, I only got a single angler. Eventually, I gave up and moved up with the story, however, I kept the single antler in hopes that I would run into more deers while exploring or traveling from one quest to the other. I kept the antlers for ages. I went to England and I have allied myself with most of it.

Yesterday I finally found a place for deers and got the two missing antlers, so I immediately travelled back to Norway to turn in the quest but the woman was nowhere to be found 😞
    I am very annoyed. I sold the antlers since they are super easy to find in Western Mercia anyways, so I can get more whenever I want in case they fix this issue.

I have no idea if I already killed the legendary deer or not. I don't really concern myself with hunting in these games. I don't like hunting. I just wanted to turn it the quest so the paper would disappear from the inventory.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1426 posts

Hello there @DragonHale1!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry for any disappointment that has been caused. The development team is looking into the missing NPC for "A Mild Hunt" further. Once we have any new information to share with you, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

The legendary animal is counted as a mystery in Rygjafylke, so if you have completed all of the mysteries, you have successfully found and defeated the elk! You can find mysteries by the blue markers on the map. I was able to find and defeat the elk myself without completing this quest, so you should also have no problem in doing so, if you want to do this 😊

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics