Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • IIPotatoII
    Original poster 2 posts

Don't supposed a hold to sprint option could be added?

Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Trode-_-
    20 posts

Please add a Hold Sprint option.

• Karmachaositgp
    65 posts

I wish. I contacted them about that back after origins came out and odyssey but yet it was never added. I know ever since they removed that simple but highly useful mechanic the character moves so slow. It was tied in with the parkour button before so not sure why they can't just add it back.

• ZenoTheStranger
    6 posts

I'm stunned they slowed the movement down even further. Compare a game like Shadow of Mordor, which uses very similar mechanics but adds abilities that vastly increase your parkour speed in some cirumstances. In contast, Eivor can take 5 minutes to climb up to a viewpoint. Awful.

• IIPotatoII
    Original poster 2 posts

To clarify, I mean as opposed to the toggle sprint mode which is the default. As it seems like an oversight that it is missing. Considering; crouch, aim, quick wheel and walk all have toggle and hold options.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestion, we've pass that on to the team to let them know this is a feature that players would like to see.

Official Response
  • SoberStone999
    53 posts

@ubi-baron Yes please, all the other actions have the option to toggle or hold but not sprinting which is one of the core actions, it's so weird. Such a small feature but game changing.

• Gurkenlord
    6 posts

Really want that.

• timdgsr
    2 posts

Please add this!

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

Yes please.. HOLD TO SPRINT please !!!!

• Gutoona
    1 posts

Yes, Hold to sprint is better and smoother gameplay than toggle. Many times in combat I don't know the difference between Sprint and Jog.

• partobazyar
    8 posts

@ubi-baron please please let us base Xbox one and ps4 players have an option to change the camera during combat. It’s super immersion breaking how far out it zooms and everyone wants the camera of origins back!!!!!!

• Matt_GB
    17 posts

More to the point why the hell do we even need a sprint button when we have analogue sticks.

• DelicateCookie8
    2 posts

Yes, please

• Phyllla
    1 posts

Yes, please, add sprint hold option. It's how sprint has always worked in videogames on PC. I've gotten used to how it works in this game, but not totally, because sometimes I keep sprinting after killing an enemy or stopping due to an obstacle, and other times I have to toggle it again. It's quite inconsistent for me. Held sprint would be more comfortable.

• DaelosTheCat
    166 posts

I'd like to see an option to hold for sprinting as well. Good idea.

• jimiellis55
    7 posts

@ubi-baron can i get a fix or a refund or something becuase this is really [censored] me ofd that i cant finish east Anglia and yall are not doing a thing about it ive been a fan since the first asc but this here is about to make me not want to buy any thing from yall again tbh like how long before Yall fix this get it together man come on now

• jimiellis55
    7 posts

@ubi-baron so nothing on the matter that ive been and asked about cool thanks Ubisoft for all the help that you are not giving me like I've been asking for help pretry much since this game came out but nothing so thanks for all the help

• SoberStone999
    53 posts

Bumb, we still want this feauture!

• ChimamireNoHana
    14 posts

@ubi-baron yes please take a look at this... It hurts my arthritis after a while having to mash the joystick down when running around when I play for several hours straight so I'm very much missing the Odyssey and Origins mechanics right now.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics