Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CWG67
    Original poster 2 posts

Has anyone come up with a customized control scheme for an Xbox One controller that is similar to the alternate configuration from Odyssey?
    I like X & Y buttons to be my attack buttons but then have conflicts with other player functions.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts
    Best Answer

Hello to you both, @CWG67 and @uriah256! I sincerely apologise that this topic was missed previously, and did not receive an official response until now.

I realise that by now, you may have already rebound the in-game controls to your liking, but I just wanted to share a little bit of information in case it still could help you, or indeed any other players with a similar question! 🙂

So, to begin with, you can view the default control scheme for Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Xbox One here. As you have both pointed out, there are several buttons which do encompass multiple functions, so if you are looking to remap your buttons, it is best to check that any other interactions controlled by that button aren't a problem for you if moved to a different button.

From personal experience, I don't believe it is possible to reconfigure specific actions per button; rather, as mentioned above, you'll reconfigure the whole set of controls assigned to a particular button at once. I realise that this can be quite frustrating if you're just looking to change a specific action to another button, so I'll pass forward the comments you've both written in this thread to the developers for them to consider.

I hope that you've both been enjoying Assassin's Creed Valhalla since launch, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional feedback, concerns or questions you may have! I'll lock this thread now, as it is older and may not be relevant any longer to you both, but please open a new thread if you do wish to discuss this topic further or need any further help. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • uriah256
    3 posts

@cwg67 No, but I find this very frustrating as well. Not sure why they combined certain commands to certain keys. I can't change a single controller binding without a domino effect of screwing up every other setting.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts
    Best Answer

Hello to you both, @CWG67 and @uriah256! I sincerely apologise that this topic was missed previously, and did not receive an official response until now.

I realise that by now, you may have already rebound the in-game controls to your liking, but I just wanted to share a little bit of information in case it still could help you, or indeed any other players with a similar question! 🙂

So, to begin with, you can view the default control scheme for Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Xbox One here. As you have both pointed out, there are several buttons which do encompass multiple functions, so if you are looking to remap your buttons, it is best to check that any other interactions controlled by that button aren't a problem for you if moved to a different button.

From personal experience, I don't believe it is possible to reconfigure specific actions per button; rather, as mentioned above, you'll reconfigure the whole set of controls assigned to a particular button at once. I realise that this can be quite frustrating if you're just looking to change a specific action to another button, so I'll pass forward the comments you've both written in this thread to the developers for them to consider.

I hope that you've both been enjoying Assassin's Creed Valhalla since launch, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional feedback, concerns or questions you may have! I'll lock this thread now, as it is older and may not be relevant any longer to you both, but please open a new thread if you do wish to discuss this topic further or need any further help. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics